Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default shiny new aluminum benches ?

I wouldnt call myself scrap metal savy or a criminal mischief mastermind. Its been a few years since I was anywhere near Linwood and Fenkell. However, a couple weeks sounds about par for course on metal that either has or hasn't been bolted down in town. I realize it was for a kids playfield. You want there to be nice places for kids and families in the neighborhood but anyone that didn't see this coming from a mile away... well blind, deaf & living under a rock. Nice there is a new & less scrapable seating situation. Whoever took them benches aught be ashamed.

Link. I guess click the L.
    COD commenters keeping it classy as usual

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    Link. I guess click the L.
    COD commenters keeping it classy as usual
    What has become of the scrapping law that was in the state legislature? Were the scrapping businesses able to pay off our state senate? If that law had passed this likely would not have happened. How sickening.

Shiny new aluminum benches look nice and you can't carve them but when the sun isn't on them they're damn cold to your extremity. and in the summer months you just can't sit on them for a few morning hours because of the condensation. Replace them with wood.