Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default North Korea said it will eliminate the United States

The psychopaths cannot even feed their own people. How are they going to fight a war against superpowers?

A small nation want to wipe the U.S. off the map. Let's see they try it with their nuclear missle. The U.S. will not tolerate this such bluff from Kim Jong Il. The U.S. will make this " Nuclear War" mutually insured if they bomb us will would bomb them just in case diplomacy will not work.

DetroitDad Guest

They are probably trying to put more on our plates. First, adding more for us to worry about would take even more attention and money from our government. Second, the U.S. poor will be mighty upset when they can't afford food or find a job, and see their government still spending money on wars.

Notwithstanding the impotent lilliputian dictator's sabre rattling...inst it nice to know that grown-ups are in the White House? Had this language been used during the prior administration, it would be casus belli. We must strike them before they strike us because they said they were going to strike us....no matter if they actually posses the ability.

The best response to this threat is barely stiffled laughter and a "no comment".

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Notwithstanding the impotent lilliputian dictator's sabre rattling...inst it nice to know that grown-ups are in the White House? Had this language been used during the prior administration, it would be casus belli. We must strike them before they strike us because they said they were going to strike us....no matter if they actually posses the ability.

The best response to this threat is barely stiffled laughter and a "no comment".
    Bush wanted to be a war-time president because he felt the country would be easier to govern and it would be easier to get his domestic agenda thru congress if the country was at war. He was right unfortunately. Thats the reason he had that got to strike them before they strike us mentallity.

Any second rate excuse to start a war then he could cut taxes and spend like crazy and keep his base and party happy.

cheddar bob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
    Second, the U.S. poor will be mighty upset when they can't afford food or find a job, and see their government still spending money on wars.
    This statement may be the single dumbest thing I've heard here.

Not even close. I don't think that is even in the top 100 dumbest thing written on DetroitYES!

Quote Originally Posted by cheddar bob View Post
    This statement may be the single dumbest thing I've heard here.

It's dumb to you because you don't understand what he is alluding to.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
    Second, the U.S. poor will be mighty upset when they can't afford food or find a job, and see their government still spending money on wars.
    If I were more cynical, I'd say the army will hire and feed them if they can't find a job with the military industrial complex.

ccbatson Guest

It is a test of Obama...will he be weak in response, or strong? So far, it doesn't look good.

DetroitDad Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    It is a test of Obama...will he be weak in response, or strong? So far, it doesn't look good.
    You know, what we're seeing is a culmination of decades of putting off mistakes. As great as he may be, I'm not sure that his administration can fix everything. I just don't know if it's possible. I guess only time will tell.

ccbatson Guest

Right...and it is coming to a head now why? Diplomatic weakness...NOW, not prior to Jan 20th, NOW.

They could just wipe us out by appealing to our selfish natures and selling us cheap goods that help us undermine ourselves.

No weapons needed. Didn't the chairman of Sony outline how they could lose WW2 but win the economic war?

What would YOU do?

lilpup Guest

Some Americans don't seem to recognize that diplomatic restraint takes more strength and wisdom than threatening and lashing out - that's why those Americans no longer have their favorites in high office.

These threats would be laughable if they weren't such a thorn in America's side. Dose North Korea really think they have the weapons to destroy the U.S.? Our firepower would blow them back into the 18th century.

I suspect they think Obama has his hands full with Iraq and Afghanistan and figure they can spew their propaganda with little consequence. This saber rattling has more to do with them trying to gain some leverage for when we finally sit down and negotiate with them.

I've also heard on NPR that there is an internal power struggle inside the government of NK, people are jocking for position in a post Kim Jong ll regime. It seems they don't feel the dear leader's son is much of a leader.

I for one feel that even one nuke is threatening enough even if it misses a central downtown area by a few dozen miles. Just because we can win, doesn't mean we want to fight.

I don't really think that li'l Kim is much of a threat alone. Now if his big brother China gets involved then we should openly embrace WWIII

Right...and it is coming to a head now why? Diplomatic weakness...NOW, not prior to Jan 20th, NOW.
    Was there no nuke test during Bush's term in office? Because I remember there being one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_No...n_nuclear_test

Did North Korea not fire ballistic missiles during Bush's term in office? Because I remember them doing so:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/29/wo...a/29korea.html
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...5/s1933930.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_No...n_missile_test

Did North Korea not send ships backed with weapons and missile technology to other nations while Bush was in office?
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,222859,00.html

And remember, it was BUSH who removed North Korea from the list of State Sponsors of Terrorism. What would you consider that to be, diplomatic strength?

Quote Originally Posted by WolverinesA2 View Post
    And remember, it was BUSH who removed North Korea from the list of State Sponsors of Terrorism.
    Really? How did that administration justify that decision?

Really? How did that administration justify that decision?
    We should let CBats explain....

Wolverine, you get major props for using a clip from Fox to destroy a claim from the right wing, great job!

ccbatson Guest

What terrorist acts were committed or sponsored by North Korea?

Well, you mentioned them on your thread about the axis of evil, why is that?
    Last edited by Detroitej72; June-25-09 at 09:55 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast