Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default what in the FUCK is with the gun nuts in Florida?

Jee-Zus

Demon number 1.

Demon number 2.

They were both just so nonchalant. There seriously must be something in the water down in America's penis.

The same thing that's wrong with gun nuts in every state.

door-to-door lobster salesman?

Demon #1 made some statements to prep everybody for a SYG defense.

This is why we must fight to protect the 2nd Amendment against all attacks. Had the victims in both of these crimes been armed the outcome would have been totally different. An armed society is a polite society and it is because law abiding citizens are discouraged from being able to protect themselves that we have these two victims.

Please visit www.nra.com to learn how you too can help Americans protect their most sacred right!

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    This is why we must fight to protect the 2nd Amendment against all attacks. Had the victims in both of these crimes been armed the outcome would have been totally different. An armed society is a polite society and it is because law abiding citizens are discouraged from being able to protect themselves that we have these two victims.

Please visit www.nra.com to learn how you too can help Americans protect their most sacred right!
    Are you serious?!?

In the first story, the guy was selling steaks and lobster tails, he's not going to be walking around with a gun.

Second, if you go and knock on someone's door, and they have a rifle pointed at you when they open it, a gun is not going to help you.

Yep. Sadly these two cases end up being 'poster child' samples against responsible gun ownership for everyone - rather you are an NRA member or not.

Sales was always a tough gig... worse now apparently. I think I'd get a CDL if I were going door to door. It might save your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
    Are you serious?!?

In the first story, the guy was selling steaks and lobster tails, he's not going to be walking around with a gun.

Second, if you go and knock on someone's door, and they have a rifle pointed at you when they open it, a gun is not going to help you.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-03-12 at 07:56 AM.

There are wierdos all over the world.
    If it wasn't a gun, it would have been an axe or a chainsaw.

alot easier to run from an ax or a chainsaw

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Sales was always a tough gig... worse now apparently. I think I'd get a CDL if I were going door to door. It might save your life.
    How would being able to drive a bigger truck help?

I think she meant CCW

I guess driving a bigger truck would let you just run over the guy with the CCW, even if he's inside a house.

Oops! That's a vision - the truck that is!!

I meant CPL [[Concealed Pistol License) which is not the same as CCW which relates to training to use firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    How would being able to drive a bigger truck help?
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-03-12 at 10:08 AM.

After stopping at the gas station to fill up before prices go up a dime or so more!

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    I guess driving a bigger truck would let you just run over the guy with the CCW, even if he's inside a house.

I meant CPL... thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    I think she meant CCW

An armed society is a polite society and it is because law abiding citizens are discouraged from being able to protect themselves that we have these two victims.
    You've never, ever been to Canada, have you?

More guns will solve all this gun violence!

That salesman could have had a shootout! As for all those stray bullets flying around, granny accross the street could just hit the deck, bust out her assault rifle, and join the fray! The children playing down the street? Arm them too.
    Last edited by poobert; August-03-12 at 11:04 AM.

As someone that lived in Florida for a while I will say that it's not just "Gun nuts" that tend to flock to the state, but "nuts" in general. I love the state, but honestly it does seem like it tends to draw a lot of people on the edge [[Or off of it) of normal society.

Shooting salesmen and neighbors doesn't sound very polite to me. I suppose I could be wrong about that though.

Why NRA nuts are bad at knock-knock jokes:

me: knock knock
    NRA nut: BANG BANG

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    More guns will solve all this gun violence!

That salesman could have had a shootout! As for all those stray bullets flying around, granny accross the street could just hit the deck, bust out her assault rifle, and join the fray! The children playing down the street? Arm them too.
    I'm sorry you're a liberal who doesn't believe in a person's right to defend themselves. Me, myself, I'm a severe conservative. The guy in the first story had 14 guns. What if we didn't have so many restrictions on legal, safe gun ownership and the salesman had 15 guns? Do you think the outcome would have been the same?

Go to www.nra.com and learn how you too can help Americans protect their most sacred right.

"Either you're armed or you're waiting to be a victim!" - Crumbled_pavement
    Last edited by Crumbled_pavement; August-03-12 at 05:45 PM.

So it's come down to this. From today's Free Press: Houston uses video to show how to handle shootings
    HOUSTON -- Ominous music plays as a man in dark clothing, sunglasses and a backpack walks toward people working in a high-rise building. The narrator's voice warns: "It may feel like just another day at the office, but occasionally life feels more like an action movie."

Moments later, the man opens fire on a security guard near an elevator.

It's the beginning of a nearly 6-minute video the City of Houston created to teach residents what to do during a shooting. Homeland Security officials said they realized during training exercises that first responders knew how to react, but citizens were less knowledgeable....
    The video: RUN. HIDE. FIGHT. Surviving an Active Shooter Event - English

I'm usually pretty ambivalent about general gun issues but is a fear-mongering video really going to help much? How much more frequently are these incidents expected to happen in the future?

Why do all the NRA nutjobs come up with shit like that?

I'm a liberal gun owner, and probably a better shot than you. The correct question is is it OK to shoot first and ask questions later? the number of guns is irrelevant if someone opens up on an unsuspecting person going about their business. Looser gun laws would simply result in even more idiots like these two FL assholes having more guns. I don't need 15 guns to protect myself. I have a Sig and a 12-gauge, but more importantly, I pay attention and keep away from situations where I might have to use them. Brains beats brawn any day of the week
    Last edited by rb336; August-03-12 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
    Are you serious?!?

CP was being sarcastic.....LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    CP was being sarcastic.....LMAO

Yeah, he's been here long enough that you all should know that by now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast