Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Dylan's closed "temporarily" - a Big Bob building

Dylan's located on Mack Avenue in GPP has a notice posted that it is closed "temporarily" but that they hope to reopen soon.

Dylan's is in a building owned by Bob Bashara. I wonder how you negotiate with a guy that's in stir?

Quote Originally Posted by GPCharles View Post
    Dylan's located on Mack Avenue in GPP has a notice posted that it is closed "temporarily" but that they hope to reopen soon.

Dylan's is in a building owned by Bob Bashara. I wonder how you negotiate with a guy that's in stir?
    I've heard rumors that they will be relocating to Kercheval in the park.

They're a strong presence in the GP community, therefore I think they would survive a business shift of that magnitude. It would be too bad to see them leave that old-styled building with the roaring-20's style flooring in the bar area.

Big Blob B appointed his cousin as POA, so I believe Dylan's had to deal with her since his incarceration. I was told that she, on his behalf, almost doubled their rent. I would assume that BB was none too happy about being asked not to patronize Dylan's because he was upsetting business and, also, that's where a group of people meet to celebrate any forward-movings in the case against him. It's a shame that moron continues to affect everything in his path negatively.
    I heard Dylan's might move to the old Mulier's location, and then heard that deal fell through--so who knows? I hope they are able to reopen quickly and without missing a beat! They were a good establishment and I feel like they'll do well again.

not certain, but I heard that the Robusto's on Mack in GPW closed due to a BB ownership situation.....

Wow, that fat fuck sure is taking alot of people down with him. A friend of mine lost his job at Dylans.

Stromberg2

For those of us who live on the other side of the world. Can someone explain the what this place is? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    For those of us who live on the other side of the world. Can someone explain the what this place is? Thanks.
    At 15042 Mack in Grosse Pointe Park where Tom's Oyster Bar was located. Rumor has it they will be moving to Kercheval.

Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner
    The original Tom's Oyster Bar that became Dylan's after Tom's moved to 10&Jefferson [[and promtly failed there...its now a Pegasus). One of the last remaining viable businesses on that stretch of Mack near Alter. It was a GP staple restaurant/bar.

...whoops...p69 beat me to it.

Also, to add rumors to the mill.... apparently a lot of locals were letting the management know they were basically boycotting because they want to hurt Bashara's business interests. So, yeah, Dylan's was collateral damage that I hope re-opens before the owners are financially ruined and can't get it back up and running.
    Last edited by bailey; August-01-12 at 01:02 PM.

We've heard that the plans to move to Kercheval in the Village have fallen through.

Still hoping that Dylan's will find a new home soon.....so much great Detroit music being silenced due to this situation!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    We've heard that the plans to move to Kercheval in the Village have fallen through.

Still hoping that Dylan's will find a new home soon.....so much great Detroit music being silenced due to this situation!!!
    No Kercheval in the Park not the village. I hope if they do move the music continues, but that they improve the terrible food and lousy service!

enormous thread jack.... but what happened to GGGTP? Doesn't she post here? Did the GP location fail? Also, they took the sign down advertising the What Crepe" coming soon to the old Burger Pointe location. Has the gourmet crepe fad passed?

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    enormous thread jack.... but what happened to GGGTP? Doesn't she post here? Did the GP location fail? Also, they took the sign down advertising the What Crepe" coming soon to the old Burger Pointe location. Has the gourmet crepe fad passed?
    Members of the owner of SideStreet's family are taking it over for a bakery and from what I hear crepes possibly.

The GGGTP in GPP is gone. I think their hours were weird, and that location is strange if you're not buddying up to the Tap Room next door [[which, I read on Facebook somewhere, they were not). Honestly, I wish they kept their original location downtown behind Oslo.

Quote Originally Posted by Alley View Post
    The GGGTP in GPP is gone. I think their hours were weird, and that location is strange if you're not buddying up to the Tap Room next door [[which, I read on Facebook somewhere, they were not). Honestly, I wish they kept their original location downtown behind Oslo.
    Sometimes, I miss the good old days when editors made writers provide background. When you post -- try to think about those who don't know what a BB is, or Dylan's, or GGGTP? Since Tom's Oyster Bar was a bar, and the Tap Room was a bar, can I assume that Dylan's was a bar? And it hosted music?

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Sometimes, I miss the good old days when editors made writers provide background. When you post -- try to think about those who don't know what a BB is, or Dylan's, or GGGTP? Since Tom's Oyster Bar was a bar, and the Tap Room was a bar, can I assume that Dylan's was a bar? And it hosted music?
    Dylan's bought out Tom and changed the name and GGGTP is Good Girls Go To Paris. GGGTP was hardly ever open and the owner was very surly, everyone I know who went there said the food was very good but they would never go back because of her bad attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Oh good Lord

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Dylan%27s+Grosse+Pointe+Park

Quote Originally Posted by SaintMe View Post
    I think it is kinda nice that people are interested enough to ask ,if nobody asks then they really do not care.

Adding another rumor to the mill..if anyone cares about GPP. The new rumor is that Slows is opening a spot at the old Muillier's.

Adding another rumor to the mill..if anyone cares about GPP. The new rumor is that Slows is opening a spot at the old Muillier's.
    Oh GODDD. Please, please let that be the case!! To have a Slow's at the end of my street would be so awesome!!!

Another rumor - that GPP will close Kercheval between Wayburn and Alter Road.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintMe View Post
    Thanks for the link.

I can second that rumor [[although I heard it was going further than just wayburn)... and I know who's* trying to do it and the plans are pretty damn fantastic.

*[[allegedly)
    Last edited by bailey; August-02-12 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alley View Post
    Oh GODDD. Please, please let that be the case!! To have a Slow's at the end of my street would be so awesome!!!
    I am always up for a new restaurant on the eastside, but Slow's with its S****Y food and overblown reputation is not what we need!

I can second that rumor [[although I heard it was going further than just wayburn)... and I know who's* trying to do it and the plans are pretty damn fantastic.

*[[allegedly)
    I was about to throw in some eastside love here but since I'm a quarter mile up the wrong side of Mack, fuck it. Keep building those walls, that's will fix everything.
    Last edited by poobert; August-02-12 at 11:17 AM.

That rumor has been going around since the 80's.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast