Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default HFCC Student killed, 2 others wounded in Detroit Barber Shop shooting

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...text|FRONTPAGE

Viewing the picture of JaRon in the article, it appears to me he's flashing a gang sign with his left hand. If that is a gang sign [[someone please tell me), why on earth would the family provide a picture of the deceased doing that? Could gang affiliation be a factor?

It sure is. Why on Earth indeed.

Shollin Guest

Apparently he walked outside, saw the suspects, and ran back inside. So he must of knew these people and knew they had a bone to pick with him. Sure doesn't seem random.

It could be gang related. The dominate gang in the Detroit's West Side are the Dexter Boys and Linwood Boys. These are group and formed 3 to 4th generation of 2nd wave Black folks. They grew up in broken homes, uneducated and without of father figure or a male mentor to look upon them.

why on earth would the family provide a picture of the deceased doing that?

Maybe the whole family is affiliated.

Quote Originally Posted by Shollin View Post
    Apparently he walked outside, saw the suspects, and ran back inside. So he must of knew these people and knew they had a bone to pick with him. Sure doesn't seem random.
    It wasn't

Read the quote in the linked article from Mr. Hunter
    What he said was 100% true.

The family is obviously very proud of that picture.... or maybe they just didn't have any pictures of him with his college text books handy

"Shave and a haircut, 2 hits."

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...text|FRONTPAGE

Viewing the picture of JaRon in the article, it appears to me he's flashing a gang sign with his left hand. If that is a gang sign [[someone please tell me), why on earth would the family provide a picture of the deceased doing that? Could gang affiliation be a factor?
    I doubt that's a family photo, lol. Looks like something from Facebook...

Every time I see these punks flashing so - called "gang signs", it always strikes me that that have arthritis in their hands. Well, that's sure what it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Every time I see these punks flashing so - called "gang signs", it always strikes me that that have arthritis in their hands. Well, that's sure what it looks like.
    THAT explains it, his Carpal Tunnel must have been acting up that day!

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    It wasn't

Read the quote in the linked article from Mr. Hunter
    What he said was 100% true.
    How do you have this knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    How do you have this knowledge?
    I go there and know the person killed and my barber was the one injured

Did I hear that he was 24 yrs old and had 6 kids?

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Did I hear that he was 24 yrs old and had 6 kids?
    Plus some step-kids, about 10 in all.

I'm not gonna name any names, but the tone in this thread is completely different from the one right below it about the two white kids who were murdered.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    I'm not gonna name any names, but the tone in this thread is completely different from the one right below it about the two white kids who were murdered.
    Sure did pick up the same vibe. Nobody really knows the facts yet we assume this did this and that did that.

Gang sign notwithstanding some comments made in this thread are,imo,tacky, vile&tasteless.

Quote Originally Posted by trotwood View Post
    Gang sign notwithstanding some comments made in this thread are,imo,tacky, vile&tasteless.
    this is nothing. You must never read the comments on COD. Thats vile, tacky and tasteless.

Look people from all walks of life go to that barbershop from professionals who grew up in the neighborhood and come back to get there hair cut to working class to hustlers. Whatever life they were living they didn't bring it into the shop it was off limits. At that shop parked cars don't get broken into, people don't get robbed.

One troubled young man and his killer broke the unspoken rule of that barber shop and its that you don't bring the life you're living into that shop and unfortunately two other people had to pay a steep price.

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    this is nothing. You must never read the comments on COD. Thats vile, tacky and tasteless.

I've no idea what COD is.

^^^^^^^^^^^^Oh.Thanks.

So there is an unwritten rule that this place is off limits to crime and is a safe haven. Yet some moron comes up to the place in broad daylight and shoots it up. If the guy killed saw him coming and had a gun and still was killed along with 2 others being shot multiple times, then I assume the guy had an automatic weapon or some kind of assualt gun.
    Kinda of hard not to have been spotted.
    My question is this, in this situation, is the no snitch rule still in place?
    Somebody had to see this.

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    So there is an unwritten rule that this place is off limits to crime and is a safe haven. Yet some moron comes up to the place in broad daylight and shoots it up. If the guy killed saw him coming and had a gun and still was killed along with 2 others being shot multiple times, then I assume the guy had an automatic weapon or some kind of assualt gun.
    Kinda of hard not to have been spotted.
    My question is this, in this situation, is the no snitch rule still in place?
    Somebody had to see this.
    If you understood the culture of black barbershops and the community that they serve I wouldn't detect such a condescending tone in your post. I was not there but I doubt there was any assault weapons involved. The young man saw the guy outside of the shop and he ran back into the shop, they both had guns shooting at each other at close range.

He probably ran back into the shop because he thought the guy would never do what he did in the shop.

I suspect the police know who did it. Its now a matter of catching up with him.
    Last edited by firstandten; August-01-12 at 10:14 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast