Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default "JOB" [[like in ROBE, tponetom

"Job" [[Like in Robe) Tponetom

Dear Lord,
    Why hast thou forsaken me?
    You saddled me with ‘Vista’ and it is still a ‘Mystra’ to me.
    Then you had me messin’ with my Achilles Tendon and it is still mendin’. [[Why didn’t his mother hold him by the toe instead of the heel.
    Now you have given me the new "Forum" that guarantees me NO boredom!
    I fear that I will no longer be able to verbally joust with that motley crew of Old forum Members. I am afraid I will fall prey to the "Yapping Puppy" syndrom.

The "Yapping Puppy" syndrome.
    I am sure that most people know what that syndrome is. Most of us have observed that very sad spectacle more than a few times in our lives. That furry ball of love and devotion, incarcerated within a steel cyclone fence, [[kennel, that is) while serving out its sentence of apprenticeship, in order to gain adult status, cannot understand why he can’t get out and play and pee with the BIG dogs.
    So all he does, day and night is yap and yap and yap. The male puppy has the additional embarrassment of not being able to lift one of his hind legs and present a manly flow that would impress the big dogs. The female puppies are of a more discerning and modest nature, not caring to expose too much of their privates.
    Digression: Remember my CREDO! Everything that goes around, comes around
    Sooner or later, all of us elderly people are relegated, not to the ‘scrap heap,’ as such, but rather, to something even more humiliating and debilitating!
    We are shoveled off to the family farm and put in our own private KENNEL.
    From whence we came , so shall we ultimately return. And so I sit here and muse,,,or ‘yap’ if you like, and no one pays attention.
    If you hang around for awhile, I will get to the point, but there is a bit of history I will relate.
    Three weeks ago, while I was doing my daily calisthenics, mostly leg lifts to strengthen my thigh muscles, knees [[both of them, prosthetics) and calf muscles, I exorcized my common sense while exercising the rest of me. I overdid it by using too much weight on my right leg.
    Presently, my Achilles’ Tendon is mendin’. I did not tear it. Not quite. The stress and strain of it consumed about ten tons of ice packs.
    NOT A FUN THING! I have suffered exquisite pain a few times in my life and this was one of them.
    Handball and tennis players pay attention. You are most prone to tear one if you don’t warm up properly.
    So today is the first time I felt like sitting down and writing something and here is the skinny of it.
    I tried to register for the New Forum. I quickly registered my user name and password and it refuted me. Five times. Then it said I had to wait 15 minutes before trying again. I waited. Nothing. So I started to fill out a form of something or other and it asked for my Email address. I filled it in. I got a quick refusal, via the Elvis song. "Address unknown. No such number, no such zone!
    I began to feel those kennel walls closing in on me.
    Then, a chill of suspicion came over me when I accessed the NEW forum site, and looked at the post, "Garwood Mansion", and noted that one of the respondents was using the name, "OLD GUY.
    Does that mean that I am, no longer, the most aged relic in the Forum? I have to admit that I enjoyed being enjoyed by some of the members. If "OLD GUY" was born under Harding or, god forbid, Wilson, I salute him.
    Is that why I cannot register in the NEW FORUM with the other big guys?
    So it may be. I am on my third cup of coffee and the call of nature beckons. Wistfully, I recall the good old days when I was one of the big dogs. Now, I really don’t mind sitting down and squatting and resting, while whizzzzzing!
    Now the acid test. I will try to post this bit of silliness. It may be my last. My user name and password has worked since the beginning, but everything that goes around..............
    By the way, I don't know what is meant by the 'TAGS' thing.

Glad to see ya T

You are the resident "Relic" of this forum, Tpone. And when we stop hearing from you, we will light the pitch torches, and look for tar and feathers in the local craft shop.

Attachment 230
    Last edited by Bigb23; April-04-09 at 07:52 PM.

Tom,

I ruptured each of my Achilles tendons a year apart in 2001 and then 2002! Not fun! However, I've recovered from that and am as good as new! So not to worry about a stretch...just warm up and don't take the statins as they do contribute to muscle/tendon pain and weakness!

I don't get this at all, posting takes too long is all I can say. Tpone, I feel ya.

Hi TP! Glad to see you made it over to the new part of town!

And you too Zarks!

Just used the "search" function, and typed in tponetom, in case I have missed one of your epistles, Tom. Turns out that I did!
    The new forum is OK by me, even though a month later, I still do not know all the features....

Peace to you and Peggy, and I trust that the foot is feeling better.