Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Is a TGI Friday Coming To Detroit??

Just browsing a jobs page and came across a posting to be a manager in a TGI restaurant listed as "Detroit".

http://www.americasjobexchange.com/j...ource=michigan

To a national chain, Detroit could be anywhere from Novi to Brightmoor. I would not read too much into it. TGIF is an overrated eatery anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    To a national chain, Detroit could be anywhere from Novi to Brightmoor. I would not read too much into it. TGIF is an overrated eatery anyways.
    Especially since you can buy their food in the frozen food section...

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    I agree the food is nothing special. Usually, whenever I select these job postings that say "Detroit" the actual post will then specify Warren, Dearborn ect. I just found it odd that this one did not.

Amazingly enough there is already one near Southfield and Grand River I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by internet_pseudopod View Post
    Amazingly enough there is already one near Southfield and Grand River I believe.
    No there isn't.

There's one at Fairlane, but that's still technically Dearborn.

There is a Red Robin and Chili's on the Detroit side of Ford Road and the Southfield though.
    Last edited by 313WX; July-27-12 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    No there isn't.

There's one at Fairlane, but that's still technically Dearborn.

There is a Red Robin and Chili's on the Detroit side of Ford Road and the Southfield though.

I guess I am wrong. Although I would have sworn that there was a Boston Market that closed down and they turned it into something there that you wouldn't quite expect in the city like a TGI Fridays, Chili's, or Applebees.

Yeah they jumped the shark when they started that. Just a place to have a bar, and them some food as the secondary thing... I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post

Really? The closest TGIF I know of to Detroit is the one off Fairlane [[Dearborn), and the one at Civic Center drive west of Evergreen [[Southfield)...

just go to their web-site. it shows three [[3).

dearborn, southfield & sterling heights.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinman View Post
    just go to their web-site. it shows three [[3).

dearborn, southfield & sterling heights.

Also, don't forget about Novi and Troy.

There was also one in Farmington Hills on Northwestern Hwy and 14 Mile a few years ago. It was maybe open a year and a half. They had some problems with fighting and even a shooting I believe. The building is still there, vacant.

I hope not, I can think of 5 other chains that would be far more attractive for Detroit than TGIF

GUSHI Guest

There one in Shelby to,

I guess I am wrong. Although I would have sworn that there was a Boston Market that closed down and they turned it into something there that you wouldn't quite expect in the city like a TGI Fridays, Chili's, or Applebees.
    The Boston Market became an A&W/Long John Silver.

superduperman Guest

YEAH!! And tell them we don't need their stupid jobs either.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    YEAH!! And tell them we don't need their stupid jobs either.
    While you have a point there, I do think it has in a bizarre way worked to Detroit's advantage that chain restaurants didn't really open up here [[outside of fast food). Detroit now has the best and most diverse selection of eateries in the region, despite lacking in so many other ways. New ideas and foodie restaurants and coffee places spring up nearly every month now. That wouldn't be possible on Hall Road. Those indy places employ people, too.

superduperman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    While you have a point there, I do think it has in a bizarre way worked to Detroit's advantage that chain restaurants didn't really open up here [[outside of fast food). Detroit now has the best and most diverse selection of eateries in the region, despite lacking in so many other ways. New ideas and foodie restaurants and coffee places spring up nearly every month now. That wouldn't be possible on Hall Road. Those indy places employ people, too.
    So the supposed Buffalo Wild Wings that's coming will be a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    So the supposed Buffalo Wild Wings that's coming will be a bad thing?
    No.

I must enter ten characters
    but I have nothing else to say
    so I write this haiku