Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default 2 bodies found on Detroit's east side; Westland teens?

Detroit police said the bodies of two men were found this morning in a field on the city’s northeast side. Police said a person called police to report the bodies at about 9:45 a.m. at Lyford and French roads at 9:45 a.m. today.

Police would not say if the bodies are those of two teenagers from Westland who have been missing since Sunday.

Jacob Kudla, 18, and Jourdan Bobbish, 17, were reported missing after failing to return Sunday from visiting Kudla's uncle in Detroit, Jake's mother, Virgie Kudla, 49, said Wednesday.
    http://www.freep.com/article/2012072...h-bodies-found

Sad, but I've been expecting it.

Very sad. The families must be devastated.

These young men went looking for trouble, and found it.

Doesn't mean they're terrible people, but it's obviously extremely dangerous to be wandering about with cash and drugs, and interacting with folks in the drug trade.

It is strange how the bodies were found near City Airport, while the car was on the West Side.

Are the good citizens of Detroit now going to be demonized more by suburbanites because of what happened to these boys?

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Are the good citizens of Detroit now going to be demonized more by suburbanites because of what happened to these boys?
    It does kinda confirm stereotypes of danger in certain locales, but these boys weren't innocent babes in the woods. Westland, for that matter, isn't exactly the safest place around, though it's safer than Detroit.

I do detect a bit of racial bias in some of the reporting. These kids are portrayed differently, I think, than if they were two black teens in the drug trade.

Shollin Guest

Probably until the next bodies are found

.... what about all this talk about an alleged "uncle" on the east side? has this "person" been clearly identified at all?
    has the family admitted to knowing that the boys had a habit or were dealing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    I do detect a bit of racial bias in some of the reporting. These kids are portrayed differently, I think, than if they were two black teens in the drug trade.
    And that's an understatement.

The family knew their son smoked pot- he had a medical marijuana card. From what the article said, it seems that they were carjacked after visiting their pot growing relative. It explains why they were found near City Airport and their car turned up on the westside. I would assume they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time until other evidence surfaces to say otherwise. It is not like carjackings are rare around here. Either way, whether they were carjacked or just being stupid teenagers and buying drugs from the wrong people [[the right people being a licensed pot shop) it is terribly sad for their families.

Anyone seen talk to the pot dealing uncle since the bodies were found?

Bashara-esque feeling.

I'm still waiting for Sharpton/ Jackson et al to arrive regarding all of the teens that have already been murdered in Detroit over the last 24 months... *Sarcasm* ...

Violence commit by and upon youth is increasing! This case is going to get more interest as they were not from Detroit, that's just a fact.

No, but they may demonize you for being more concerned with image than life at a time like this, and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by aoife View Post
    The family knew their son smoked pot- he had a medical marijuana card. From what the article said, it seems that they were carjacked after visiting their pot growing relative. It explains why they were found near City Airport and their car turned up on the westside. I would assume they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time until other evidence surfaces to say otherwise. It is not like carjackings are rare around here. Either way, whether they were carjacked or just being stupid teenagers and buying drugs from the wrong people [[the right people being a licensed pot shop) it is terribly sad for their families.
    I dunno if its as simple as that. There were those reports of multiple residents reporting a guy firing a gun into the air outside of the apartment complex yelling "Jacob!" There's some weird stuff going on here.

We don't know anything, and everybody has a theory. How interesting that the theories hew so closely to individual prejudices!

Finding bodies in "drop zones" is an old Detroit thing, going back to Prohibition days. City Airport may be one of today's.

Shollin Guest

I thought the uncle lived at 7 Mile and Hoover? City airport isn't far from there. They were droped a couple blocks west of Van Dyke. It's only about 2-3 miles from where they were supposedly at.

Ya just knew this wouldn't end well...I feel for the family and the rest of the city for having to hear stories like this EVERYDAY. It is the complete breakdown of a subset of the culture who have no value of a life becoming human predators willing to kill for a fist full of dollars or car parts at most. Sad

Quote Originally Posted by Shollin View Post
    I thought the uncle lived at 7 Mile and Hoover? City airport isn't far from there. They were droped a couple blocks west of Van Dyke. It's only about 2-3 miles from where they were supposedly at.
    I will invite anyone to take a google stroll through that portion of the city where they found the bodies. Not very nice at all, and if those boys were still alive when they were taken to that area, they must have known what was about to happen.

There is strong evidence in the two articles which suggests that these two were not engaging in shady transactions with strangers. In fact, it appears at first glance that they were just "passing through" Detroit. Rolling the dice, if you will. They must have stopped somewhere I would assume. Even a red light is enough time to get jacked.

Great to see the thugs in Detroit holding up their end of the bargain. Shoot first, then steal peoples shit. Chalk up another two.

Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
    There is strong evidence in the two articles which suggests that these two were not engaging in shady transactions with strangers. In fact, it appears at first glance that they were just "passing through" Detroit. Rolling the dice, if you will. They must have stopped somewhere I would assume. Even a red light is enough time to get jacked.
    What "strong evidence"? That their relative says they weren't? That isn't strong evidence.

I feel a bit guilty that I suspect this was more than just a "wrong place, wrong time" scenario but it seems to be more than that. Bashara-esque is right.

google stroll would suggest there aren't many people left over there. It has got to be among the most sparcely populated areas in all of Detroit. Airport, cemetaries, industrial and nearly empty blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    What "strong evidence"? That their relative says they weren't? That isn't strong evidence.
    The article was quoted saying:

She said the teens picked up marijuana from a relative and were headed home when they were last seen on the city’s east side.
    If this is true [[and it has a very likely chance of being true) then who else would they have purposely come in contact with? Unless they we're turning around and slinging it in someone's territory, I don't see very many other ways in which the boys would have instigated this situation.

Regardless of the circumstances [[and we will probably never know the whole story), my heart goes out to their families. I cannot imagine this happening to my 18 yr old grandson. I don't think he does any drugs or smokes pot, but he will be going to Wayne State in the fall and I am concerned about the carjackings and such. If anything happens to him, my heart will be broken forever.

God's grace be on the souls of those two boys and may God give their families the strength to get through this.

Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
    If this is true [[and it has a very likely chance of being true) then who else would they have purposely come in contact with? Unless they we're turning around and slinging it in someone's territory, I don't see very many other ways in which the boys would have instigated this situation.
    I'd say, as a west-sider, that it's pretty easy for west-siders used to grids and mile roads to get disoriented and lost on the east side...

....thinking to myself....
    I suspect the uncle is somehow involved in this. They went to his house on 7 Mile and Hoover to get illegal prescription drugs. Obviously he deals and hangs with shady characters.
    Poor boys, I feel bad for the families of both of them. Whatever they were doing, illegal or not, they didn't deserve to die.

I have a ghetto theory!

We have 2 teens from Westland who were missing for days after the went to see their relative in Detroit. Their vehicle was found in Detroit's West Side with some equipment stolen. Police arrested two suspects. African American males. They are probably 3 ro 4 generation coming from a second wave of 'field negro' African American families. There either be the associates to a mastermind who does drugs ans theivery or they are doing the plot.

There could be a stronger motive! A possible drug deal or a robbery. This is truly foul play.

I can't wait for a reversal of Rodney King and Malice Green to happen.
    Last edited by Danny; July-27-12 at 01:50 PM.

Very TRUE... I worked not far from Connor a bit back and not only are there many streets that end in tumble weeds in some areas but many one-way streets. Couple that with a lack of street lighting and easily lost of try meandering down Outer Drive... oh yeah or some of the turns of Harper or Hayes. It took some getting use to.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    I'd say, as a west-sider, that it's pretty easy for west-siders used to grids and mile roads to get disoriented and lost on the east side...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast