Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Marcus Hamburgers

Anybody know anything about this place. I saw an article on Detroit News [[http://www.detnews.com/article/20090...60/OPINION0307) about this restaurant and the video has got me wanting to try this place. Are their hamburgers really that good?

P.S.: Name some other good hamburger joints in and around Metro Detroit.

It's in a dumpy area, but they have great burgers and their breakfast is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Anybody know anything about this place. I saw an article on Detroit News [[http://www.detnews.com/article/20090...60/OPINION0307) about this restaurant and the video has got me wanting to try this place. Are their hamburgers really that good?

Geneva Hamburgers [[Harper/Cadieux).

Haven't been there in years, but the 'burgers were good and I liked the no nonsense vibe of the place when I did go. Kind of a more urban, blue collar version of Janet's.

Marcus,genevas, Tell Way, Brays,travis. They are all very Good!

Oh, and the Hunter House [[Woodward in Royal Oak).

I know nothing about the MarcusBurger in the present day and age. But,,,
    Back in the prehistoric days of the 1940's, the MarcusBurger was considered to be the Cadillac of hamburgers. It was served on a hot dog bun and the 'patty' itself was a one inch square block six inches long. [[think seven day 'medication' pill box.)
    I do not remember the wiener being grilled. I do remember them being served out of a gravy/juice pan with all the glorious globs of gupe heaped on it. I can remember the location on E. McNichols near Mt. Elliot.

Aw, there ain't nothin' better than a bag full of sliders from Bates, Five Mile and Farmington in beautiful downtown Livonia!
    Last edited by Ray1936; January-26-10 at 08:41 PM.

Ray1936- do you remember p.o. Ron Jones , D P D ?

YUM!

Quote Originally Posted by pgn421 View Post
    Ray1936- do you remember p.o. Ron Jones , D P D ?
    Sorry to say, no. Knew a Doug Jones very well, but no Ron.

Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    I like Elmer's on Oakman and W. Chicago. Good place to get carry-out at 3am.

Pretty pic of Bray's Ray! Never tried a Marcus burger ... too eastside.

I think Geneva's is closed. Damn shame. Anybody know about that?

The burgers are still served on a hot dog bun at Marcus, and all the fixins are still at the square, kinda serpentine counter. Same waitstaff for who knows how long, the seventies, maybe.

NE corner of E. McNichols just east of Mt. Elliot.

Being a Brays man myself, Gotta try Marcus Burger. My folks and Aunts and Uncles used to eat them alot.

I remember Elmers way back in grade school and high school...I see the sign still says family owned for 50 years...amazing...extra onions grilled onto the burger...yellow mustard no ketchup!

The best new burgers to hit town is five guys, http://fiveguys.com/

Its a chain that serves fresh ground beef, never frozen, great grilled hot dogs, and fresh cut fries.. All food is cooked to order, no heat lamps,
    They have locations in macomb on hall rd, warren, 2 in southfield, and coming soon to rochester.

I will be checking out the marcus burger this week.

BB's on w. 7 mile has an awsome burger too, comes as a meal with smothered mashed potatoes and a can of whatever to drink. Tha bomb!!!

Marcus burgers are delicious. Hunter House is good, too, but not as memorable. The closest thing to Marcus outside of Detroit is Culver's.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    BB's on w. 7 mile has an awsome burger too, comes as a meal with smothered mashed potatoes and a can of whatever to drink. Tha bomb!!!
    What's BB's? It's on W.7Mi near what? I never heard of it, need more descriptives please.

Motz [[formerly Mott's) - Fort St.!

The Mexican burger at Motz is probably my favorite.

There is a Marcus near me in the burbs [[14 & Ryan in Sterling Heights to be exact) it used to be very yummy and served hamburgers in a hot dog bun...but over the last 7 or 8 years the place has really gone down hill and has lost the dinner feel..they serve a ton of Polish food now and its decent but i would hardly call any of the food Great..

I read the article also and want to try them just because of it!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast