Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Maker Faire in Dearborn This Weekend?

Anyone ever been to Maker Faire at The Henry Ford? Looks interesting. Am going on Sunday

I have been there both years. This is an amazing setting because it is located outside AND inside the the ultimate Maker Faire, the Henry Ford Museum. It is like having the history of invention combined with the spirit of new invention.

It is also the ultimate parent-kid setting. Ever wonder what happens when you put a Mentos into Coca Cola?

I went last year for the first time and I would highly recommend it! Definitely a great family event that has something for everyone.

I'm going on Sunday, maybe I will see Lowell?

If I can get my 4 yr old nephew out of the roundhouse, we'll definitely be there.

I've gone every year, here are highlights from yesterday:

Robot Pac-Man running around [[with an air cannon in it's mouth)
    The great American horn machine with a playable keyboard [[an enormous collection of LOUD air horns mounted on a huge air tank)
    A bunch of groups from First, along with the full basketball court setup [[robots shooting hoops!)
    Lock-picking demonstrations
    A collection of chopped bicycles
    The young girl from Mt. Pleasant who is restoring a Fiero
    Some old instruments from the museum's collection that they don't pull out very often

Grandson and I had a great time!