Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default 21 hurt walking over hot coals at Tony Robbins event...

Well ok... I guess he is pretty charismatic - but I would not have gone there!

21 hurt walking over hot coals at Tony Robbins event...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...%28L.A.+Now%29

Tony, is all about mind over matter. He once said he decided to get his weight under control and he lost something like 30 pounds in 30 days and has kept it off.

I have no idea why the hot coal walking didn't work this time after it was said they have done it many times.

Maybe those persons didn't believe enough.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    I have no idea why the hot coal walking didn't work this time after it was said they have done it many times.
    The trick is, usually, to use the coals from wood that's been burned down, which do not burn very hot once the fire is out, and has a thick layer of ash covering the glowing embers. If the temperature of the coal they used was at 1000F, they were probably using actual charcoal, which burns *much* hotter and has a thinner layer of ash.

Hmmn, the operative word being the 'trick'!

I've noted no one tally's too long getting that walk, er, fast-step over with!!

Even with the tamer coals!

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    The trick is, usually, to use the coals from wood that's been burned down, which do not burn very hot once the fire is out, and has a thick layer of ash covering the glowing embers. If the temperature of the coal they used was at 1000F, they were probably using actual charcoal, which burns *much* hotter and has a thinner layer of ash.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-23-12 at 02:15 PM.

coal-walking is essentially a charlatan's trick. It is quite obvious that the coals weren't prepared right. wood and charcoal are both insulators, so is the ash. properly prepared, there can even be flames present and you won't get burned. What amazes me is that 20 idiots walked after the clear evidence that the coals were incorrectly prepared

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    coal-walking is essentially a charlatan's trick. It is quite obvious that the coals weren't prepared right. wood and charcoal are both insulators, so is the ash. properly prepared, there can even be flames present and you won't get burned. What amazes me is that 20 idiots walked after the clear evidence that the coals were incorrectly prepared
    Sooo, does that mean that the great Tony Robbins is a charlatan ! lol !

^^ Just like all brainwashers/cult leaders.

Ya' gotta be a real mental midget to fall for these scams.

Robbins has always given me the creeps. But no worries of it effecting me personally. You have to be at a certain 'income' bracket to even get into the more select area [[royal enclosure) of that organization.

I wonder what 'tier' the coal walkers are at? They are devoted one could argue...

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    ^^ Just like all brainwashers/cult leaders.

Ya' gotta be a real mental midget to fall for these scams.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-23-12 at 02:56 PM.

I want that spell that makes ugly chicks hot.
    If he can make every girl look like Gwyneth Paltrow, I'm in.

Why? do you just prefer it when attractive women laugh in your face instead of "ugly" ones?

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Sooo, does that mean that the great Tony Robbins is a charlatan ! lol !
    him and every other self-help guru WTVS has on during pledge drives

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    him and every other self-help guru WTVS has on during pledge drives
    I'm not sure that charlatan is the right word. Some of the advice he gives is somewhat useful for those whose lives are out of control. However, it isn't anything special. You can get the same advice from any other self-help guru, or book at the library [[make priorities, set reachable goals, yada yada yada.) There's a good dose of horsecrap thrown in with the spiel, to be sure.

I'd say huckster would be a better label. He's selling some run-of-the-mill advice, gussying it up with new-age science-y language, and offering it as something premium.

LoL Rb ..... budum, tish!