Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Another Win For Gilbert - Title Source Coming Downtown

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...ional-Building

I don't know if it's his wealth of contacts or as simple as buying cheap and offering lower rents but I'm impressed. I never thought anyone could bring this many people downtown this quickly.

I just read online - WHOA. 1,500 employees?! Great to hear. I'm used to reading about 15-20 folks from a small company moving downtown - which is great - but Title Source is bringing a ton. Wonderful news for the CBD.

Title source is just another piece of Rock Financial, The owner of Quicken loans. So it's not hard for Gilbert to talk one of his other companies into moving into one of the buildings he already owns.

Quote Originally Posted by ndavies View Post
    Title source is just another piece of Rock Financial, The owner of Quicken loans. So it's not hard for Gilbert to talk one of his other companies into moving into one of the buildings he already owns.
    Didn't realize that. I don't remember it being mentioned when articles talked about sister companies he might bring downtown and it's a big one.

This still is good news for Downtown Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    This still is good news for Downtown Detroit.
    Any estimates out there on the number of workers who will be Downtown after this move? This should help all the new restaurants opening down there.

Nice move, title source!

Sooooo, what? Do the 1,500 employees not count as whole persons or something? Does that make the $$ they're inevitably going to spend downtown worth less? Does it mean the office space they're going to fill that would otherwise be vacant isn't really filled? Does it mean the Title Source employees who move downtown as a result of this move aren't really living there?

Just because your own downtown project was an epic failure is no reason to knock what others are doing.
    Last edited by artds; July-23-12 at 03:02 PM.

I was just commenting on 401 dons comment on Gilberts influence. It's easy to convince a company to move into one of your buildings if you own the comapny.

Good news for downtown, but that's 1,500 jobs from Troy being relocated, not from out of state. Either way, I'm happy to see more workers downtown.

I was just commenting on 401 dons comment on Gilberts influence. It's easy to convince a company to move into one of your buildings if you own the comapny.
    Which just goes to show what a big deal it is when a guy like Gilbert becomes interested in rebuilding Detroit.

Your argument is the equivalent of dismissing the fact that Jim Schwartz can tell the Lions defense to run whatever play he wants to see run because, you know, he IS the head coach, after all, so its really no big deal. That doesn't make the fact that he BECAME the head coach and can thus influence the plays they run any less impressive, nor does it make the outcomes any less real.

This is awesome news! I've heard about title source moving downtown in previous articles, but i never knew it would be this many employees. Always thought it was 300 or less for some reason. And kind of siding with ndavies POV, it will be a real measure of downtown's desirability when companies not affiliated with Dan Gilbert start making significant moves into the core.

Wo0w, You're making way more out of my comment than I originally intended.

401Don Stated
    I don't know if it's his wealth of contacts or as simple as buying cheap and offering lower rents but I'm impressed.
    I was just pointing out that Gilbert owned the company.

I already knew that Dan Gilbert owned Title Source but I had to go back and look for where you were "knocking" Dan Gilbert for his investment s in Detroit. Now I'm wondering why you are being attacked. Strange.

Wo0w, You're making way more out of my comment than I originally intended.

401Don Stated

I was just pointing out that Gilbert owned the company.

This is great news!

With the list of companies owned by Gilbert Detroit could be in for a good run.

http://www.quickenloans.com/about/partner-company

EPrize, Eprize, Eprize! Paging you to downtown from your digs in Pleasant Ridge!

Quote Originally Posted by artds View Post
    Sooooo, what? Do the 1,500 employees not count as whole persons or something? Does that make the $$ they're inevitably going to spend downtown worth less? Does it mean the office space they're going to fill that would otherwise be vacant isn't really filled? Does it mean the Title Source employees who move downtown as a result of this move aren't really living there?

Just because your own downtown project was an epic failure is no reason to knock what others are doing.
    Dan Gilbert announced long ago he was going to gradually move all of his investments downtown.

It's not really "new" news for anyone who's been paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Mind field View Post
    This is awesome news! I've heard about title source moving downtown in previous articles, but i never knew it would be this many employees. Always thought it was 300 or less for some reason. And kind of siding with ndavies POV, it will be a real measure of downtown's desirability when companies not affiliated with Dan Gilbert start making significant moves into the core.
    Agreed.

How about Hantz Group move its offices donwtown if it's so interested in its real estate?

How in God's name anyone could nitpick 1,500 jobs going downtown is a mystery to me. I don't, and I believe no one should give a rats patootie how they got there, bottom line they are.

Quote Originally Posted by mikefmich View Post
    How in God's name anyone could nitpick 1,500 jobs going downtown is a mystery to me. I don't, and I believe no one should give a rats patootie how they got there, bottom line they are.
    I agree. Some people are just negative about everything.This is GREAT news no matter where or how the workers come to Detroit.

Forgive my post…this website is full of problems whenever I attemptto post a comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    With the list of companies owned by Gilbert Detroit could be in for a good run.

http://www.quickenloans.com/about/partner-company

wow that is an absurdly long list.

Keep it coming Gilbert. You're wonderful Delta City plan is working.

Quote Originally Posted by artds View Post

You realize he simply made a truthful statement and you just took off with a bunch of wild assumptions, right?

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    You realize he simply made a truthful statement and you just took off with a bunch of wild assumptions, right?
    the original post could seem rather snarky and dismissive. maybe it was, maybe not. can't see the person's eyes or hear the tone of voice, so all we have is the words, and when that is all we have, we have to examine context. In context, I think it was more a comment about it being a "victory" for Gilbert than any kind of comment about how good it would be for Detroit
    Last edited by rb336; July-24-12 at 01:26 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast