Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Just Keep ON Poppin' Those Pills...

Something I already suspected...a former editor of the New England Journal of Medicine comes clean on the corruption in medical publishing.

http://ethicalnag.org/2009/11/09/nejm-editor/

Those who believe in our current medical system are doomed. I await the surge of apologists, but their words will fail.

This is the biggest reason I will do whatever it takes to escape this coming illegal and unenforceable national insurance scam.

All who support those which profit off of your being sick are the craziest people in the gene pool.

The FDA are a bunch of criminal conspiracists.

Cheers, anyways!
    John

Occurrence Guest

Don't forget, cannabis is evil.

I just saw a black helicopter through my window.

So?! Congratulations.

What kind of bullshit replies are these...what a waste of energy and time.

Cannabis is Mother Nature's Most Amusing Analgesic, and proof that the Maker loves us all. Plus, things and plants cannot be evil...

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    So?! Congratulations.

Cannabis is Mother Nature's Most Amusing Analgesic, and proof that the Maker loves us all. Plus, things and plants cannot be evil...
    John, you must be superhuman. That being said, soon enough you probably will need a doctor. Everyone does, sooner or later. I believe then you will change your tune of the evils of health care. Analgesic, sure. But it doesn't cure cancer, or heart disease, or whatever you eventually will come down with.

Quote Originally Posted by townonenorth View Post
    John, you must be superhuman. That being said, soon enough you probably will need a doctor. Everyone does, sooner or later. I believe then you will change your tune of the evils of health care. Analgesic, sure. But it doesn't cure cancer, or heart disease, or whatever you eventually will come down with.
    Newsflash.

Cannabis DOES cure cancer, at least certain forms of it. IF it cures ANY, or even merely has ANY form of analgesic properties, it MUST be removed from the top schedule of the DEA's idiotic listings. Then it MUST be researched to the Nth degree, if the FDA and Medical industry are sincere in their desire to find a cure for cancer. [[which I've heard all of my life...)

Look it up. People are having wild successes with it all over now.

I know of one fellow in Indiana, the father-in-law of one of my hifi industry friends, who has now lived over a year longer than the medical industry thought...using the procedure from the guy up in Canada.

He had lesions on three sides of his brain, his lymph system totally infected, and had lost 70% of his lung capacity. He was given a WEEK to live, so he finally decided to try his son-in-law's suggestion.

They make a very black and thick distilled syrup...roughly an ounce of liquid from two to three ounces of cannabis flowers [[so it is NOT cheap)...and he drinks it orally.

His doctors are stumped why he is still alive...but he CANNOT tell them because Indiana is not a medicinal cannabis state. Yet. Within a very short time, the lesions on his brain were GONE, and his lymph system completely clear. ANYONE who knows the progression of cancer knows the lymph infestation is the 'irreversible' last step towards death.

I regret I didn't learn of this when my mother was dying. I tried to get her to at least take the edge off her pain, but she steadfastly refused...since she was convinced, or rather programmed like the rest of y'all, that there could be NO positive medical uses for cannabis. She, like the rest of those stuck in ignorance, called it marijuana, the derogatory nickname from Mexico.

There are many, many testimonies being added to this dialogue, so government and the industry will not be able to quell it ever again.

Keep your eyes open...and your mind and heart...because there is a revolution happening. The generations-old lockhold of this silly-ass prohibition is finally being broken. Smashed.

Cheers!
    John
    Last edited by Gannon; July-20-12 at 03:58 PM.

It is also now clear that entire countries can come to their senses...ISRAEL is now the most open to this research, although they are sticking to the standard basic pain relief and appetitie enhancement. There is much, much more that this wonderful HERB can do with the human body...

...I'll be right back. Look at the time.

Plus, Linus Pauling determined with certainty decades ago that arteriosclerosis was merely a leading SYMPTOM of scurvy. The lack of Vitamin C in one's diet.

Now tell me why orange juice is WAY more expensive in the inner city...and getting fresh-squeezed is all but impossible for the average city dweller.

Yes, I see things like this all the time.

Vitamin C is one of the few nutrients the human body cannot make on its own. We must have an outside source for it...

You should've seen me compared to my classmates from St. Alphonsus at our 30th year reunion.

I was one of the few not overweight, with all my hair [[in it's original color), without significant wrinkles...that is enough proof for me. It is NOT wholly genetic, either.

And all I've done is the stuff the medical industry USED to recommend before the FDA was purchased and corrupted by the pharmaceutical industry.

Big Pharma is killing y'all...that is what this thread is about.

It IS a conspiracy...in plain sight...but most of you are deluded...blind and deaf, making you dumb. Or merely ignorant.

Good luck with that.

I know of a case where a patient recovering from surgery was given a prescription for 60 Vicodin tablets when ultimately only three were necessary. This is one of the opioids that kids have been getting hooked on after rummaging through medicine cabinets. When the pills run out, they're only one step away from a cheaper heroin addiction.

I can't help but wonder what the real motive was for prescribing so many of those damned pills.

They're under lock and key and will be properly disposed.

All pharma products should be triple-blind tested - the third blind being that the tester doesn't know the company and vice-versa.

How do I know my doc is on the up and up? she prescribed old, public-domain meds for my blood pressure and said none of the new ones were any more effective, just more expensive

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    All pharma products should be triple-blind tested - the third blind being that the tester doesn't know the company and vice-versa.

How do I know my doc is on the up and up? she prescribed old, public-domain meds for my blood pressure and said none of the new ones were any more effective, just more expensive

Right ON, Rb. I KNOW without a doubt that there are very good doctors out there, but they are being enticed and/or harassed at every level. Pharmaceutical reps get numbers somehow of who prescribes what and how often...and there are reward systems in place for those who play along, especially with new drugs.

In my life, my personal physician is an Osteopath, since it has been the trend that they look at the body more holistically, in whole not in pieces...and tend to look at diet and habits and such, while teaching better behavior. MDs that I've known have been much more quick to prescribe a pill, with revolving-door bedside manners.

One of my friends is also an Osteopath, and since my regular guy is retiring...it looks like he'll get my business. He also knows my spirituality, and gives me great latitude for self-analysis...since I've proven to be quite adept at realizing what is happening within me.

But I've known Pharma reps, and gained some insight on a great many of their abuses...they use every trick in the book to keep that income stream flowing. I have grown to despise the lot of 'em, because they've all been in it for the money, only.

My doctor, when years ago I began trending towards high blood pressure, gave me sample pills to take. As he gave them to me, I asked what the causes of hbp were. He was honest, and said they didn't really know. So I asked the follow-up, what is the LEADING indicated cause or trigger...he said STRESS.

So, I asked if I could hold onto these pills while doing everything I could to manage and even eliminate the major stresses in my life. At the time, I was OFF the chart with stressful life events...going through divorce, while my business was increasing like gangbusters, and I was doing all the 'wrong' things to adjust for my newly single status...since I could afford to do anything I wanted.

That was fifteen years ago. I've measured high on blood pressure only twice since...and those were during bad times again. So, while many simply take a pill...that has NO feedback loop to get one to not have to take it, leading to a lifelong maintenance habit...I changed my behavior to avoid it.

Same with cholesterol. My HMO in LA was basically forcing me onto some drug, but I kept asking them questions about the legitimacy of their testing...since I already knew there are good and bad types of cholesterol, and the testing at the time didn't differentiate...or they were not explaining the numbers correctly.

My boss at the time was suffering the loss of his father from a heart attack, and became MANIC about his food intake while taking their pill...and his numbers NEVER changed. Turns out his was hereditary, and I guarantee the stress he endured during that whole endeavor caused him worse effects than the numbers.

Plus, I insist that the cholesterol values are not the fault or cause of clogging arteries. Research has shown that the scarring of arteries and veins may indeed be caused by High Fructose Corn Syrup's abrading the lining...along with the aformentioned lack of Vitamin C hardening the walls, making them less resilient and able to heal. The scarring or scoring of the walls allows cholesterol something to glom onto, without them there is less evidence of clogging! [[but there is HUGE money in all of those fancy, but temporary, procedures...like splints and balloons and such...one of my old clients in Ann Arbor made a TON of money selling splints...)

Same with the continual lowering of the 'safe' level of blood pressure...I feel quite strongly that for those with healthy veins and arteries, a higher pressure is no big deal. Strokes are from weak walls, not high pressure.

There are indicators that fake sweeteners cause significant problems, also. Too many man-made additions to our food, which I largely avoid.

Then there is the whole concept of 'minimal daily values'...and the food pyramid [[which is reported to be quite similar to the one used to fatten pigs and cows for slaughter...I'll have to look that up to confirm)...while the latest research has shown that eating LESS leads to longer life.

I also disbelieve anything they say about water intake. I continue to consume at least 64 ounces of distilled water daily...and get all the minerals I require from root vegetables and such. I love that a researcher recently has published about us needing a bit MORE dirt in our food, and lives in general...because our immune systems need the exercise!!!!

I could go on and on...there is more...but my views are too radical for many to consider, they'd rather trust those who profit off of them taking too many pills. Which is what I began this thread about in the first place...Big Pharma and the FDA are in collusion, to the detriment of those who trust them.

Cheers,
    John
    Last edited by Gannon; July-21-12 at 01:36 AM.

Occurrence Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    So?! Congratulations.

I was being sarcastic. Relax.

I was attempting to point out the irony that the FDA claims cannabis has no medicinal uses while approving all sorts of harmful pointless garbage pills.

Occurrence Guest

I'm also a proponent of mushrooms and LSD. Lots of benefits for addiction and mental disorders.

In my personal opinion, everyone should be required legally to consume psilocybin mushrooms at least once in their life.

Quote Originally Posted by Occurrence View Post
    I'm also a proponent of mushrooms and LSD. Lots of benefits for addiction and mental disorders.

In my personal opinion, everyone should be required legally to consume psilocybin mushrooms at least once in their life.

Yanno...you might be onto something there. My first time WAS a particularly effective 'reset' of my awareness [[in public, at the old Rivertown Saloon, while sitting next to two off-duty Detroit cops and their dates, I can still hear my old friend and leader of the band telling me to stop being SO vocal about what was happening to me as I furiously penned napkin note after napkin note!)...and the summertime full of 'em, with the son of the CEO of AAA [[during the season his dad used kickbacked contractors to 'improve' his W. Bloomfield home, which subsequently got him canned, actually), remains among the strongest positive memories of my life!

And it is a SIN that Ibogaine is unavailable to assist heroin and other opiate addicts in gaining freedom from those powerful substances.

Cheers! [[sorry I didn't get the totality of your sarcasm about cannabis...it wasn't enough of a statement to grasp that!)
    Last edited by Gannon; July-21-12 at 06:01 AM.

It would be nice if P. cubensis and its relatives didn't taste like their growing medium. On the other hand, I once worked with a guy who made his own mead - and he infused it with shrooms

Occurrence Guest

Aside from cannabis, psychedelics are the only drug you get anything positive out of [[for the most part, you need to use as directed obviously). That's the difference between a good drug and a bad drug.

Alcohol and pills and other such substance can be fun and have their moments and fun times, but for the most part those I would consider them bad drugs.

Psilocybin is the only thing I ever took that I felt no ill effects from during or afterward. no pot-like lethargy, no hang over, no temporary psychosis [[LSD), no losing track of days [[peyote), no rebound headache [[aspirin, acetaminophen, ibuprofen, codeine) no hangover.

The main problem with pharmaceuticals is people don't follow the damn directions, then complain that they don't work. My grandma started out taking a couple of pills for her heart arrhythmia - and wouldn't keep track of when or how many she had taken. After a few stints in the hospital for over or under medicating herself, we started doling it out for her, and she would still screw it up. It wasn't that she was senile, either, she just didn't think it was that important.

All pharmacological agents are of varied utility. Cocaine is a phenomenal local anesthetic. Alcohol is, basically, a mild sedative, and has shown to lower blood pressure with those with hypertension. The least useful drug is probably nicotine. There have been some studies showing it ameliorates the risks associated with a few very rare conditions, otherwise it's pretty much useless.

As for using cannabis to "cure" cancer, well, if we're going to bring up Pauling, he believed vitamin C could also cure cancer [[along with rhinovirus, and nearly everything else.) There are also those who claim injecting hydrogen peroxide directly into your bloodstream will cure cancer. Anyone willing to try these out?

Occurrence Guest

I haven't done any research to comment on whether or not cannabis is a cure cancer, but I have done plenty of research on if it causes cancer, and never found anything.

The anti-cannabis people like to claim how harmful the smoke is [[the old one joint = 7 cigarets figure they pulled from their ass), but can't produce a dead body prove it. On top of that they like to complain "how much more potent" cannabis is today, which goes against their original argument because the more potent it is, the less a person would need to smoke. So ultimately wouldn't less smoke be better for the lungs.

I also like how they routinely ignore the fact that you can eat or vaporize cannabis, eliminating the need to smoke it. Apparently if you're a cannabis user, you AUTOMATICALLY smoke it.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    The main problem with pharmaceuticals is people don't follow the damn directions, then complain that they don't work. My grandma started out taking a couple of pills for her heart arrhythmia - and wouldn't keep track of when or how many she had taken. After a few stints in the hospital for over or under medicating herself, we started doling it out for her, and she would still screw it up. It wasn't that she was senile, either, she just didn't think it was that important....
    Agreed.

Not directed at JBMcB, but others might benefit from this: A locked medicine cabinet under the control of a responsible caregiver can work wonders in controlling such situations.

If spontaneous symptoms appear, it's helpful to be able to rule out over-or-under medication as the cause, therefore:

Sometimes the patient is unable to keep track of medications and they forget that they've already taken their medication then they overmedicate themselves. Or vice versa and undermedicate themselves.

The Monday-through-Sunday array pillboxes are flawed because, despite their convenience for the once-a-week caregiver, a dementia patient can still make the mistake of taking meds from left-to-right-order instead of the proper top-to-bottom-order, overmedicating on morning meds and undermedicating on evening meds.

It's much safer to restrict, if possible, the patient's access to what they can safely take within each single medication session.

[[I am not a medical professional.)
    Last edited by Jimaz; July-22-12 at 12:16 AM.

My only prescription drug that I use is the occasional antibiotic for when I get a sinus infection.... don't seem to get bronchial infections, sore throats, colds or flu... just sinus infection [[had my tonsils out at 27. cured me of a lot of afflictions)....

But the problem for me is that I need antibiotics to shake the sinus infection... or I'll have it for 3-4 weeks. Doctor is useless, since they say make an appointment to see me next Thursday. By then I'm miserable... but since I can tell when a sinus infection is coming on... I start with antibiotics, and within 3 days I'm fine. What that means is that a 10 day supply [[they always say to take it for 10 days)... works for 3 different sinus infections for me.

I tried Echanacea.... meh useless for me!!

Also, I used to get a cold before the sinus infection [[no colds now for 6 years though)... ZICAM is a homeopathic product [[not sure if they still have it as a nasal gel, or if it's only a throat lozenge now)... but ZICAM contains Zinc ions. And those Ions [[incomplete molecules) attach themselves to the cold viruses... and when they cannot multiply... they die. So you can get rid of a cold within 2 days using ZICAM. However... you have to take it religiously [[don't skip dosages, and take a dose in the middle of the night)... because by missing a dose... all it does is give the cold virus another chance to build up strength. But I swear by ZICAM.... and interestingly enough so do the people after I turned them on to it...

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    But I swear by ZICAM.... and interestingly enough so do the people after I turned them on to it...
    Two problems with Zicam:

1 - It's NOT a homeopathic solution. A true homeopathic solution would contain *no* active ingredients, it would just be a vial of water. Look it up if you don't believe me.

2 - It contains a dangerous amount of zinc. Those zinc atoms don't know the difference between molecules in cells infected with rhinoceros and regular cells, so they wreck all kinds of random beneficial cells as well. They had to pull the nasal spray version of Zicam because it was permanently destroying people's sense of smell. It also blocks absorption of other important trace minerals.

So, if it works for you, great, just don't pop them thinking there will be no side effects.

Also remember, dietary supplements are, basically, completely unregulated. Manufacturers just have to prove that they won't kill anyone, which is what they mean when they say "FDA Approved." Beyond that they can make any vague claim they want, including "all-natural" "homeopathic" etc...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast