Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Kickstarter: Corrado Parducci: the man who made Detroit beautiful

This Kickstarter project just hit my mailbox...with only 9 days to go.

Corrado Parducci: The Man Who Made Detroit Beautiful is a documentary film about the life of Corrado Parducci and his contribution to Detroit's architectural history.

Read more at: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...troit-beautifu

Remember that every pledge no matter how small helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    This Kickstarter project just hit my mailbox...with only 9 days to go.

Corrado Parducci: The Man Who Made Detroit Beautiful is a documentary film about the life of Corrado Parducci and his contribution to Detroit's architectural history.

Read more at: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...troit-beautifu

Remember that every pledge no matter how small helps.

I'll be happy to contribute the moment they include Carptrash...Einar...in their source materials. Heck, he researched his book for many years through here.

I was shocked when I saw the Parducci name without any mention of him...heh. Goes to show how thorough even inadvertent 'programming' can be.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    I'll be happy to contribute the moment they include Carptrash...Einar...in their source materials. Heck, he researched his book for many years through here.

I was shocked when I saw the Parducci name without any mention of him...heh. Goes to show how thorough even inadvertent 'programming' can be.

Cheers!
    FYI...Jennifer Baross started researching Parducci while a student at CCS, taking classes from Thom Brunk.

Pretty sure I remember Jen mentioning that she did get in touch with Einar when I told her about him and his research, although it probably has been a couple of years or longer now.
    Last edited by Kathleen; July-20-12 at 11:50 AM.

Here's a recent Huffington Post piece that may shed more light on this project:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1670411.html

FYI...Jennifer Baross started researching Parducci while a student at CCS, taking classes from Thom Brunk.

Pretty sure I remember Jen mentioning that she did get in touch with Einar when I told her about him and his research, although it probably has been a couple of years or longer now.

Did he ever get his book published?! Perhaps we need some Kickstarter for that...they could work together. True Scholars should be doing that anyways!

Thanks for the backstory, Kathleen.

8 days to go!!

This is another worthwhile project that should be published. Otherwise we run the risk of another noteworthy artisan Corrado Parducci and his work going unrecognized. His family is supporting the project, and so should we!!

As noted, every contribution--no matter how small or big--helps to make this film a reality. And once made, it can be shown for years to come to audiences at places like the Detroit Historical Society and Lawrence Tech and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Did he ever get his book published?! Perhaps we need some Kickstarter for that...they could work together. True Scholars should be doing that anyways!
    If he did, I'm sure we would have heard about it!! Sometimes folks doing research on a topic have a hard time knowing when they've got enough and when to publish. Collaborations can be the answer, but only if both parties are willing and it is a feasible way to move forward.

If he did, I'm sure we would have heard about it!! Sometimes folks doing research on a topic have a hard time knowing when they've got enough and when to publish. Collaborations can be the answer, but only if both parties are willing and it is a feasible way to move forward.
    Even if it was not published, Carpy did a TON of research over a very long period of time, which these folks would be foolish to not search out.

I would hope that true scholars would build knowledge together, but as with any theoretical analysis, reality often gets in the way.

Carptrash is such an easygoing fellow, easily one of my favorite personalities of all the folks I've been blessed to meet and spend time with from the forum [[along with his wife, who gave me a few of the most positive spiritual experiences of my life)...and I simply couldn't imagine him not working with these folks.

Certainly, this fellow Parducci should be honored...he put a bunch of energy into making this town beautiful. I wish for the best for this documentary. Only brought Carpy up with that in mind, since I cannot hear or read the Parducci name without associating it with him.

Cheers!

6 days to go!

Read the latest update by the filmmakers:
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...beautifu/posts

3 days to go!!

Gaining some momentum, but still very much in need of pledges!!

Remember...the process is simple. Free registration at Kickstarter. If you already have an Amazon.com account, you're all set. If not, it is easy to set up an account. And...if you make a pledge and the funding target is not met, your pledge through Amazon.com [[payable via your credit card on account there) is not charged.

So please consider making your pledge today!!

Almost halfway to our goal with 69 hours to go!!! Hoping for an avalanche of pledges!!!

Kathleen, thank you so much for spreading the word here.

Gannon, Einar has agreed to do an interview for the film as well - BUT we need to get the film funded in order to travel and meet both him and Allen Parducci, Corrado's son. Einar has been a great help over the years to my research and both interviews are critical.

Thanks for everyone's support! Less than 48 hours to go. -Jennifer

Finally made it to the halfway mark!! But only 27 hours to go!!

Remember...Every small pledge helps!!

Well, they didn't make their funding goal....but thanks to all for your support. If/when Jennifer and Jack announce other fundraising opportunities for this project, I will post details.

Amazing how something like this can't raise enough and yet morons raised enough for a stupid robocop statue! Stupid sheeple!

Stromberg2

This project is still happening....

Detroit sculptor Corrado Parducci gets his due

"...Baross and Johnson first started work on the documentary in 2012. With $1,500 raised from an Indiegogo crowd-sourcing campaign, their research has taken them to the Italian American Museum in New York and the Los Angeles home of Parducci's son, who's now 89.
    Baross and Johnson are about to launch another Indiegogo campaign to finance the rest of their research and production. They say they hope to have the video up and ready, perhaps for broadcast on public TV, within the year. ..."

Full article:
    http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ent...ucci/22838457/

The article is a good sampling of the work he has done. It is amazing in its scale and quality. It is so sad we have lost his studio. It would have made a deserving museum of this quiet giant's art.

Parducci Studio in 2002 [click images for full screen views]

Current Google Street view of site, the floors still remain.

DetroitBoy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    The article is a good sampling of the work he has done. It is amazing in its scale and quality. It is so sad we have lost his studio. It would have made a deserving museum of this quiet giant's art.

Parducci Studio in 2002 [click images for full screen views]

Current Google Street view of site, the floors still remain.
    this google link shows an empty lot with nothing but the same all around it. Was the building torn down?

Based on some previous Parducci discussion here, the studio was demolished c2003.

http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...arducci+studio

The Indiegogo fundraising effort is underway...

Parducci the Man Who Made Detroit Beautiful Vol. 2

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/p...-vol-2#gallery