Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Monica Conyers Owes Neiman Marcus

And notice how little John Conyers has in assets, considering his position...

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0712/78731.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lostlegumes View Post
    And notice how little John Conyers has in assets, considering his position...

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0712/78731.html
    I guess he must be honest to be that poor ...

Playing poor... how nice.

I still would rather have Monica Conyers as pro tem or even president of council with her antics than I would rather Charles Pugh and Gary Brown; both are sell outs.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I still would rather have Monica Conyers as pro tem or even president of council with her antics than I would rather Charles Pugh and Gary Brown; both are sell outs.
    But Monica Conyers is a complete bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    So the woman who pled guilty to bribery is *not* a complete sellout? What's the definition of sellout, then?

She's a thief, plain and simple. Bribery, conspiracy, she got her grubby hands in the pension...all on the City of Detroit's time. She, along with KK, Sam Riddle, Ferguson and many others, raped and pillaged the taxpayers in Detroit, the very people she says she "loves". Give me a break.

Pugh and Brown, Watson, Kenyatta...they fall into the same catagory. Get rid of them all.

They're scheming to file for bankruptcy, if Bert Johnson takes his seat.

Until this election, John Conyers' seat was probably the safest in the country.

Recall John Conyers and Monica Conyers split up their finances so she could have an federally-appointed attorney for her case.
    Last edited by 313WX; July-19-12 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    She's a thief, plain and simple. Bribery, conspiracy, she got her grubby hands in the pension...all on the City of Detroit's time. She, along with KK, Sam Riddle, Ferguson and many others, raped and pillaged the taxpayers in Detroit, the very people she says she "loves". Give me a break.

Watson, falls into the same catagory. Get rid of them all.
    Let them all burn in hell!

Detroit will be better of when folks like them are relegated to the background and the media ignores their bullshit.

BTW, I hope Needless Markups takes Mon The Con to court for her arrogant spending sprees, and they make her pay for 2-x's the amount to cover unemployed Detroiter's accounts.
    Last edited by Detroitej72; July-19-12 at 11:52 PM.

Agreed. It's a double-split of hairs to not include her in the caballah of folks taking their share with the requisite 'they steal too' justification!

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    So the woman who pled guilty to bribery is *not* a complete sellout? What's the definition of sellout, then?

47 yrs in Congress, and that's all he has?
    I'm sorry, that's gotta be horseshit.

Pugh and Brown, Watson, Kenyatta...they fall into the same catagory. Get rid of them all.
    No, they're not in the same category. The indivduals in the first paragraph are convicted felons. Those in the second have never been convicted of a crime against public trust.

You may not like their politics or them personally [[and neither may I), but that does not make them criminals.

very bizarre.. sigh.. a lot of people in general like to think they're living big when they have a black card, or a high-end store credit account, but in the long term, this stuff adds up, literally..

It is true that she did get caught up with the synogroe scandal. I heavily criticized her for that and her antics while on the council. I didn't hear anything on her stealing from the pension fund.

She did fight against the takeover of Cobo Hall. She didn't sign anytype of agreement that will giveaway our voting rights and SELL OUT the unions and residents of Detroit such as Pugh, Brown, and co had done. Giving away our constitutional rights and giving residents taxation without representation will cause more pillaging and raping of taxes than Conyers, Kilpatrick, Young, and Miriani had ever allegedly stolen

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    very bizarre.. sigh.. a lot of people in general like to think they're living big when they have a black card, or a high-end store credit account, but in the long term, this stuff adds up, literally..
    Not if it gets 'forgiven', or conveniently paid by some anonymous benefactor...which is a common underhanded way of bribing public officials, and relatively untraceable...until something like this comes along.

Those who ride the gravy train along with even honest politicians can abuse this 'priviledge'...and they are accommodated to keep it all quiet. I suspect Monica the Beard did exactly that. Not saying John is honest, but we'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

For some reason, she is being hung out to handle it on her own, and that may be a muscle quite atrophied after years of siphoning off the commonwealth.

THAT is the question...does John think he's got nothing to lose now? He is an enigma...and I don't believe for a moment he has so little after being in DC for so long.

He might've been one of the guys nabbed by those rogue NSA agents who hacked a bunch of Swiss bank accounts and ran out a series of corrupt Congressmen and Senators fifteen or so years ago, though. Most of them quietly resigned...there was a whole rash of unexplained departures over a few months [[I wish I could remember the timing, but remember clearly the stories about plain manila envelopes being delivered on 'the hill' that explained their Swiss holdings had been transferred to the Federal General Fund, and threatened public exposure if they didn't just fade away).

I wonder if he held on afterward because of the excellent health care coverage and lifetime income?!

This whole thing is too weird for words...and everything I've said is speculation. I'll try to search out the timing on that flushing of Congress...

Cheers,
    John
    Last edited by Gannon; July-21-12 at 01:25 AM.

Found something...it was a bunch of CIA agents known as Fifth Column...trying to find a significant link. Page I found is all text, I want to find the substantiating information in a more friendly format.

It was during the Clinton years, so I had the timing right. Same actions may have led to Vince Foster's odd death.

OK, this is still a difficult page to read through, but here is a quote from testimony in some lawsuit:

18 Q. Please.

19 A. As of last year, there was more Senators and Congressmen

20 resigned in Congress than has been known in the history of

21 the United States of America.

22 THE COURT: If you can answer the question, answer

23 the question. If you cannot answer the question, the Court

24 will presume that your attorney knows that you cannot answer

25 the question and won't ask it. So let's run that by one

Page 161

Here are the specifics of the suit:

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
    EASTERN DISTRICT OF KENTUCKY
    LONDON CRIMINAL #96-00060

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,
    PLAINTIFF,
    VERSUS
    CHALMER C. HAYES,
    DEFENDANT.

LONDON, KENTUCKY
    JANUARY 15, 1997
    9:00 A.M.
    DAY III
    TRANSCRIPT OF TRIAL PROCEEDINGS
    BEFORE THE HONORABLE JENNIFER B. COFFMAN
    UNITED STATES DISTRICT JUDGE, and a jury

from this page:

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin....cgi?read=4278

So it gets curiouser and curiouser...why would John Conyers hang his wife out to dry, letting this ugly stuff blow in the wind?!

Was he one of the incriminated Congressmen...I don't have that yet. Might have to get sleep at some point, this is a ton of work.

Cheers
    Last edited by Gannon; July-21-12 at 01:16 AM.

So that puts the timing back in 1996...roughly fifteen years ago. Yay, my odd memory strikes again.

Hope this helps someone put a few things together.

And how the heck did she incur this debt, six months after she began serving her time?

This stinks. Someone really, really wants John Conyers out of office.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    And how the heck did she incur this debt, six months after she began serving her time?

This stinks. Someone really, really wants John Conyers out of office.
    Well my guess would be that someone else was on the spending spree.

And your assertion is correct. John is vulnerable and individuals from both parties have a vested interest in his demise.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Found something...it was a bunch of CIA agents known as Fifth Column...trying to find a significant link. Page I found is all text, I want to find the substantiating information in a more friendly format.

It was during the Clinton years, so I had the timing right. Same actions may have led to Vince Foster's odd death.
    was this before the plane crash that killed commerce secretary Ron Brown, among others? [[and wasn't there also a pending federal investigation into campaign-finance impropriety?)

..whenever she gets out of prison-- I hope she just goes for the quiet life, away from anything involving public office. I'd almost suggest starting some kind of community-focused non-profit, but of course, so many people find ways to turn those into personal piggy banks.. sigh..

..whenever she gets out of prison-- I hope she just goes for the quiet life, away from anything involving public office. I'd almost suggest starting some kind of community-focused non-profit, but of course, so many people find ways to turn those into personal piggy banks.. sigh..

Heaven forbid. Obviously that opportunity exists. Can you imagine the outcry if the next charter school is headed up by Monica?
    http://www.freep.com/article/2012072...text|FRONTPAGE

was this before the plane crash that killed commerce secretary Ron Brown, among others? [[and wasn't there also a pending federal investigation into campaign-finance impropriety?)
    Wow, forgot about that one. Thought it was strange at the time.

Let's see what we can find...I'll have time to search later.

Cheers,
    John

Maybe, theirs is a marriage in name only?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast