Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Major Break in Oakland County Child Killer Case?

A lifer in a state prison in Muskegon has been named as a prime suspect in this long-running and tragic cold case Channel 4 News is reporting.

"Local 4 Defenders have learned there is physical and DNA evidence linking an associate of 70-year-old Arch Edward Sloan to the male victims in the murder spree which began in the 1970s. This associate left hair at the crime scene of the two murdered boys. Sloan is reportedly the owner of the car where the hair was found."

Link

If what I heard on TV is correct, the mDNA [[which comes only from the mother) matched but the hairs themselves didn't. This means the hairs came from either a sibling of Sloan, his mother, one of her brothers, or children of one of her sisters. or from one of her sisters. you could go further afield into second, third cousins, but that isn't as likely

I've often wondered which crime will get solved first, the Oakland County Child Killer or what happened to Jimmy Hoffa.

There was another big murder in 1968. The Robeson family from Berkley or close to that was killed in northern Michigan and it never really solved.

This is clearly not a dead issue when you have the press and family members still taking an interest. http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/oakl...ld-killer-case

It is easy to get into a "string theory of conspiracies" or attempt to wrap things up into a nice, neat, close-ended package. While one guy can go waaaay too into how the "hippie generation" was manufactured [[which with the CIA-inspired LSD distribution and what thorough research Lee and Shlain bring up, may be somewhat true) by the government, he only ends up wildly indicting Zappa and Crosby, Stills, & Nash; an interesting example of "false flag" manufacturinghttp://www.mygen.com/Laurel_Canyon-D...wan_report.htm, but hey! I didn't know former SNL comedian and Gong Show performer, Phil Hartman, was a graphic designer who did album covers [[?!). However, then you got a guy like journalist Maury Terry who does a dang good thorough and convincing job with "Ultimate Evil", by making a lot of strong connections between Manson, Scientology, OTO, the Process Church, drug-traffickers with Israeli intelligence contacts, Nazi/SM fetishists, the murder of Roy Radin, the murder of Arlis Perry [[whose husband debunks most "Satanic Panic"), Berkowitzhttp://archives.chicagotribune.com/1...fit/index.html, the Sam Carr cult, and all that was transpiring at Untemyer Park in Yonkers.

I say this because when I'm reading "Alphabet Killer: the True Story of the Double Initial Murders" by Cheri L. Farnsworthhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alphabet_murders, I-1.) find it odd that the folks on "Rochester Watch" [[a city forum site that seems to be overrun by government-hating libertarians-be a shame if all city forum sites were being overrun like that-hmmmm?!) won't talk about it the way the press there in Rochester did with retrospective reports [[which brought it to my attention when I was there in 2009).
    .) in the book, Farnsworth mentions incidents in the chapter "No Stone Left Unturned" involving a man named Robert Garrow who did hideous abductions and killings in the Syracuse area between 1968-1973 and was later killed by a guard in 1978 attempting to escape prison. She then, goes into the details regarding "the Babysitter" who killed the four children in Oakland County between 1976-1977. Also mentioned was a string of the abduction and bludgeoning of many young girls in Connecticut [[suburban New York) between 1969-1970 [[with a break between 1970-1974 during which time the Rochester killings took place) and then resumed in 1974 up until 1975 a break [[during which the Oakland County killings were going on) and one on June 1977 [[three months after the King killing in Oakland County) involving a Renee Freerhttp://www.officialcoldcaseinvestiga...er-8-Monroe-CT. The author points out that the timeline would be convenient in placing a killer who got around many states [[much the way Bundy did elsewhere with other killings) to link them together, although she also suggests the unlikeliness of it, unless the killer "changed his M.O. from bludgeoning his victims with rocks to strangulation".

Troubling things to contemplate about....

I was in high school at the time. A friend of mine had a blue Gremlin and worked up at Somerset Mall, commuting up 75. I can't tell you the number of times he was pulled over and had his car searched.