Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Building Renovations

Are there any building renovations in Detroit going on? Of course other than the major ones, such as the Broderick, David Whitney Building, GAR Building, and eventually Capitol Park. I was wondering if anything is going to happen to the Park Avenue Building, all of the empty buildings on Woodward, around Downtown, etc.

This big ol' building on Alexandrine is my dream to be renovated...it's a big eye sore that would be a huge victory for the neighborhood...

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&b...9,r:8,s:0,i:97

Yes,yes!!!!!!! OMG YES it will be!! It could be a nice boutique Hotel. Midtown can use one..

Quote Originally Posted by stinkytofu View Post
    This big ol' building on Alexandrine is my dream to be renovated...it's a big eye sore that would be a huge victory for the neighborhood...

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&b...9,r:8,s:0,i:97

Driving by the Palmer Lodge Apartments all the old windows have been stripped and new walls were under construction inside. Nice to see the Palmer Lodge and the Madrid Court being renovated.

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    Driving by the Palmer Lodge Apartments all the old windows have been stripped and new walls were under construction inside. Nice to see the Palmer Lodge and the Madrid Court being renovated.
    Great news. I lived in Palmer Lodge for two years in the early 80s. It was the best apartment building I ever lived in. I visited other friends' apartments in the building and they had some incredible units in that building.