Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default This Time, It's the Bridge that gets a Bomb Threat

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/16/us/mic...ssador-bridge/

CNN International - ‎26 minutes ago‎
    [[CNN) -- A major bridge between Detroit, and Windsor, Ontario, was shut down late Monday due to a bomb threat, the US Coast Guard said.

This is exactly why many manufacturers support the NITC bridge. With many factories using JIT, they cannot continue to run in the face of a prolonged closure of the only crossing in the Detroit area that allows semi trucks.

Here's an article the fact-checks Matty, and guess what, he's full of s***.

http://www.freep.com/article/2012061...ons-than-facts
    Last edited by Scottathew; July-16-12 at 09:40 PM.

A tunnel bomb threat? Ok, nothing suspicous about that...

A bridge bomb threat not even one week after a tunnel bomb threat? It does make you go "hmmm..."

Pay backs are a bitch Matty.

What a waste of time that they got to take this threat seriously, close down the bridge and look for a bomb that we all know dam well doesn't exist.

The Detroit International Bridge Company, which owns the Ambassador Bridge, issued a release stating: "We cannot confirm, but suspect, that this has something to do with Canada's disinvestment at the border by cutting back on customs' agents."

So some loon or bored teenager calls in a bomb threat from who knows where and it's Canada's fault?

If Dan Stamper gets to 'suspect' does that mean we now get to also 'suspect' why he made such an unprovable and meaningless statement?

SO I happened to be driving down Fort St. lasy night around 10 and ran into this. Saw lots of cops with large weapons blocking access to the bridge.

Also- the DIBC has a large electronic sign on Fort St. that usually has something untrue to say about the new bridge. Last night it said that the backup was because of Gov. Snyder.

I have this one question. Are the DIBC people idiots, so blinded by their own greed that they don't realize they NEED the goodwill of the Canadians if they ever hope to build their "replacement" bridge?

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    I have this one question. Are the DIBC people idiots, so blinded by their own greed that they don't realize they NEED the goodwill of the Canadians if they ever hope to build their "replacement" bridge?
    Yeah, Matty and company look increasingly like that kooky business owner with signs about 9/11, the Trilateral Commission, Obama's birthplace, etc.

Rail tunnel next?

Blue Water Bridge?

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Well, he is Matty's toady so.....probably learned well how to sling hash.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Also- the DIBC has a large electronic sign on Fort St. that usually has something untrue to say about the new bridge. Last night it said that the backup was because of Gov. Snyder.
    Is that ^ for real or a bit of humor?

As often stated the bridge and tunnel are wide open to attack. Any Timothy McVeigh can freely drive on / into them at any time. Meanwhile hundreds of millions are spend pawing through your possessions and personal privacy AFTER you exit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Is that ^ for real or a bit of humor?

As often stated the bridge and tunnel are wide open to attack. Any Timothy McVeigh can freely drive on / into them at any time. Meanwhile hundreds of millions are spend pawing through your possessions and personal privacy AFTER you exit.

No, it is completely for real. It said something along the lines of "this traffic backup brought to you by Gov. Snyder."

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Meanwhile hundreds of millions are spend pawing through your possessions and personal privacy AFTER you exit.
    Searching for things like chocolate:

Two Seattle men were recently pinched crossing the Canadian border, but the men weren't carrying guns or drugs -- they were packing illegal candy.

Brandon Loo and Christopher Sweeney were on a trip to Vancouver when they decided to bring home some treats for friends and family.

They bought Kinder Eggs. The chocolate eggs, which aren't available in America, come with a toy inside.

Without thinking much of it, the duo picked up six of the eggs before heading home.

"We packed it in the back of the car because we weren't going to eat them," Loo said.

When they got to the border, the guards began searching the car and soon found the eggs.

"He said, 'Are you aware Kinder Eggs are illegal in the United States and carry a $2,500 fine per egg?' And I actually laughed," Sweeney said.
    http://www.seattlepi.com/local/komo/...gs-3716379.php

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Searching for things like chocolate:

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/komo/...gs-3716379.php

OMG, that is SO totally fucking ridiculous.

Homeland Security is so amazingly worthless, and staffed by some of the dregs of society [[seemingly all with outsized ego issues, exacerbating the problems)...why do we put up with this bullshit?

When was the last time we had any trouble with Canada?!

I'm tellin' ya, they are the new Gestapo...mark my words.

Of course, so are they, since this is public. I cannot care any less. I'd like to see them bring this up sometime.

No cheers...I'm saving them for something worthwhile!