Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Matt Dery Must Go!!!

Why is Mathew still on the air in Detroit?

We do not need someone who is a known Cleveland slappy on the air in Detroit sports...

He's never done much for me either. I was glad he really wasn't on the air that much at WDFN and I'm hopeful that he doesn't get to be on the air much at 97.1 FM. While I appreciate his Cleveland love, he's been more of the butt end of jokes from loyal Detroit fans. Stay behind the scenes, Matt.

I have a feeling that, once the non-compete clauses expire, more DFN personalities that were there at the end will turn up on XYT. Problem with some of them is they have contracts and are still being paid by DFN [[Stoney & Wojo for the next 3 years) that would have to be bought out before they could make the move. I'm guessing that wouldn't be cheap.

Wasn't Dery one of the 2 on-air people that DFN kept on? It's funny that one that they kept would be the first to make the move. 50% of the staff went to the competition. It was probably a smart move on his part. I fully expect DFN to go dark once the Pistons season ends.