Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Dent View Post
    Attachment 35046David Whitney Building looking north.
    If I’m not mistaken, looks like a massive atrium throughout the entire building. Must be one hell of a sight to see in person.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyS View Post
    If I’m not mistaken, looks like a massive atrium throughout the entire building. Must be one hell of a sight to see in person.
    You've never seen the inside?! It's a must!

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    You've never seen the inside?! It's a must!
    when will this be open to the public to visit?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    when will this be open to the public to visit?
    It has been open for a couple years. It's a hotel, just walk right in.

Thanks for the nice compliment cmubryan! I had no intent on selling them, but if there was an interest in them I'm sure a print could be made. I had intended on printing the downtown skyline for my own wall, but that has yet to be forth coming. I have more photos from this project that I'll post up later, thanks again for the interest in them.

What's going on with the Woodward facing "restaurant" plan...is it dead? It need something there badly, with outdoor seating included. Both the Whitney and neighbor the Broderick building has failed me desperately on their attempt "Gateway" ground floor plans "gone wrong".

Overall, the appeals goes down for me. Finish right or not at all. Glad it's restored and not torn down, nevertheless. Beautiful work!

Quote Originally Posted by gthomas View Post
    What's going on with the Woodward facing "restaurant" plan...is it dead? It need something there badly, with outdoor seating included. Both the Whitney and neighbor the Broderick building has failed me desperately on their attempt "Gateway" ground floor plans "gone wrong".

Overall, the appeals goes down for me. Finish right or not at all. Glad it's restored and not torn down, nevertheless. Beautiful work!
    Pretty sure the restaurant plans are dead at this point. I have seen the space used for special events in the last few months but the signage that was once on the windows is gone. Most restaurants on Grand Circus are pretty dead most weeknights which I would think played no small part in their decision not to open. Perhaps when City Clubs Apts. next door opens there will be enough demand in the area to support more full service restaurants on the park.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2