Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default This is just cool - Scale of the Universe

So that is the universe it. And God made it.

The scale of 'the universe' and whatever may be beyond is unknown and will remain so for the time humans exist.

It was not 'made' or 'created'. It just is.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    The scale of 'the universe' and whatever may be beyond is unknown and will remain so for the time humans exist.

It was not 'made' or 'created'. It just is.
    Are you sure? If so, how?

Define 'sure'.

I'm not small-minded and pretentious enough to believe humans know how things out there work.

Define 'sure'.
    Having no doubt.

I'm not small-minded and pretentious enough to believe humans know how things out there work.
    So then you agree that Danny may be right. You just think he is small-mindend and pretentions.

God made the universe. End of Story!

who made god?

^ Humans.

Humans desperate to explain things they couldn't otherwise.

^ Humans.

Humans desperate to explain things they couldn't otherwise.
    As I've asked you before you sure? And if so, how?

If god created the universe, Where did he live before the universe was created?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Ever see chimpanzees building altars? sea slugs?
    Why the wide variety of known religions, past and present?

it is up to those claiming the existence of something to provide proof. This applies to string theory as well. Without proof, they are merely the machinations of the human mind.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    it is up to those claiming the existence of something to provide proof. This applies to string theory as well. Without proof, they are merely the machinations of the human mind.
    Science deals in theories while searching for proof.

Religions says -- if you have faith and believe, you don't need proof.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Ever see chimpanzees building altars? sea slugs?
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I always find this type of questioning to be so intellectually dishonest. If there is no logical basis of existence, there is no reason to discuss it any further.

I'm not sure that you're not a cyborg sent from the future to derail internet discussions, but I don't think that's deserving of attention.
    Last edited by noise; July-20-12 at 11:02 AM.

Without claiming there is or isn't God, comprehending God with our finite brains is more difficult than ants trying to comprehend what humans are all about.

^ I've always wondered if 'we' are nothing more than the equivalent of electrons in the atoms of the equivalent of a flea on the equivalent of an elephant's butt.

Maybe we [[the crazy Prodigal Son) created the world [[form) as a place to hide from God and actually adopted the silly belief it's a place he [[awareness) cannot enter.

Big bang... poof... universe of form and duality. Heaven's opposite made manifest. Hence, welcome to Hell!

A place of problem after problem we temporarily solve for a minute of peace only for another one to pop up, sin, guilt, desolation, depression, selfishness, and insanity where minds who think they are actually the flesh vehicles they ride around in; and where we can put on our face of innocence while deep in the sub-conscious we walk around filled with rage and murderous thoughts. [[Think of the guy that accidently cut you off in traffic...lol)

Psssst... God [[or whatever symbol you want to give it) is trying to get us out! Unfortunately a sick little part of us [[the false self or the [[little i) we created LIKES it here and it's called the EGO. It thinks it's SPECIAL, and wants to be the center of the Universe it created. It also LIKES to punish itself and blame it on God so it can suffer and wallow in guilt. It likes being a victim so it doesn't have to own up and take responsibility that it will never be the Creator, only the created.

Or it could all just be a mistake, or an alien kids science project, or the Matrix.

Who knows. We don't. and that's the truth.

Live fearlessly and don't take it all so seriously.. lol :-)

Strange is our situation here upon this earth. Each of us comes for a short visit, not knowing why, yet sometimes seeming to a divine purpose." - Albert Einstein

"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein
    Last edited by MizMotown; July-20-12 at 06:46 PM.