Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Eggs Benedict in Detroit

I have been craving eggs Benedict for about a month now. Anyone know a good place for it?

hudson cafe

Big Boy's were good last time I had them

Greek place on west side of Gratiot just south of 23 mile

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    hudson cafe
    The Hudson Cafe is barely servicable. I am very spoiled as my wife makes the BEST Hollandiase sauce. NOBODY and I mean NOBODY in the city can make a decent hollandaise so its not worth trying to find a decent Eggs Benny
    Last edited by p69rrh51; July-11-12 at 08:30 PM.

Kathy's Café on Grosse Isle served a fantastic Eggs Benedict!
    However I haven't been there for about 5 years.
    Now I'm going to have to go there soon. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    The Hudson Cafe is barely servicable. I am very spoiled as my wife makes the BEST Hollandiase sauce and has a legion of fans who will only consume her sauce. NOBODY and I mean NOBODY in the city can make a decent hollandaise so its not worth trying to find a decent Eggs Benny
    Cool story, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by antongast View Post
    Cool story, bro.
    Hey I am in a hospital bed not thinking!

The Breakfast Club, on John R, in Madison Heights is good They do fancy Benedicts, like Salmon Benedict and CrabCake Benedict, too. Here's their Yelp page...
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/breakfast-club-madison-heights

Hey I am in a hospital bed not thinking!
    That sounds unpleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by antongast View Post
    That sounds unpleasant.
    Amputated middle toe on left foot.

hey, I'm trying to find breakfast here! sorry to hear about the toe.

I am also a "hollandaise snob." at least to some extent. I can make the sauce, but for some reason I have NEVER been able to poach an egg.

I will try the suggestions, thank you.

Is the Breakfast Club open? their website link doesn't work. Oh no, now I have a Simple Minds earworm, but I'm not going to cross-post

Janet's Lunch in GPP serves Eggs Benny, but I have never had the courage to order it.

Dmitri's in downtown Farmington village has them, but only on Sundays. About the quality of the Hudson Cafe's which is to say good but not sensational.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Dmitri's in downtown Farmington village has them, but only on Sundays. About the quality of the Hudson Cafe's which is to say good but not sensational.
    He did say "In Detroit" and Hudson Cafe is dead center.
    I do agree the sauce is everything for Eggs Ben
    About a poached egg being hard to cook, come on I can teach you.

Amputated middle toe on left foot.
    Ouch!!! Sorry to hear that... I was going to post a funny comment about something to do with food poisoning to do with eggs...

But nothing funny about what you went thru.... even the term "hope you get back on your feet" sounds callous [[oppps, there I go again... mentioning callouses!) Just take care....

Foran's Grand Trunk Pub on Woodward south of Campus Martius has GREAT Eggs Benny! Also, make sure to try their lobster omelet, which is incredible, and check out their Sunday brunch from I believe 11a-3p with $2 pints and memosa & Bloody Mary specials.

Where's the "like" button????????? I like your post, Gistok....callous...hardy har...get well p69!!!!

My husband really likes Eggs Benedict, but he's often disappointed when they arrive with ham instead of Canadian bacon.

Brooklyn Street Local, on Michigan Ave in Corktown

The Peppermill Cafe on Elizabeth Lake Rd. west of Telegraph Rd. in Waterford serves EB with their own take on the hollandaise sauce. I think they add cream cheese to it to make it thicker. They also have a vegetarian EB with spinach. Both are excellent, if not authentic.

Hollandaise has to be made fresh [[meaning, within an hour of serving) or it's really not good. A lot of places don't make it frequently enough.