Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default State Rep. Womack says he was robbed at gunpoint

"I was getting into my car and three gentlemen ran up to me with guns, put the guns to my head and told them to give them the keys to my car. I told them I didn't have keys. They told me to start the car. I said, 'I'm not going to start the car, and I'm not going to give you the car,'" Womack said Tuesday. "They said to each other, 'Well, we'll just take the money,' and they reached into my pocket and took about $300, then they ran away laughing."

Womack recognized at least one of the guys and gave police a description.

A day later, there was another robbery on the same street, this one fatal.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/18...ed-at-gunpoint

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    "...gentlemen..."

That is all I heard from this idiot. There is a different decorum in politics, I guess. Or definitions.

They don't ACT like gentlemen, they don't get CALLED gentlemen. Same with ladies.

We have very few of either left in the world.

To much money to be carrying.
    The gentlemen comment reminds me of the show First 48 that sometimes films in Detroit. They suspects almost always refer to the cops as sir.

Refuses to give up car to 3 armed guys, and he is alive.

The guy ought go light a candle at mass or something, & thank his lucky stars.
    Last edited by mikefmich; July-11-12 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikefmich View Post
    Refuses to give up car to 3 armed guys, and he is alive.

The guy ought go light a candle at mass or something, & thank his lucky stars.
    According to the article Womack knew one of the guys at least casually. and the state Rep is pretty street smart. When he looked at the guy he probably knew they weren't going to shoot him, they just wanted money the car or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    That is all I heard from this idiot. There is a different decorum in politics, I guess. Or definitions. They don't ACT like gentlemen, they don't get CALLED gentlemen. Same with ladies. We have very few of either left in the world.
    Another tasty tidbit from our fearless leader:
    "I want your listeners to know that your life is not worth your material possessions, but I guess because I recognized one of the perpetrators as someone who's local in the neighborhood, I looked him square in his eye and said, 'I'm not giving you my car.' That was instinct and it was wrong, and so I thank God they didn't hurt me, they didn't hit me, they didn't shoot me."
    Do as I say, not as I do. Oh, and way to get on top of the apprehension of that individual he so commonly knew. Apparently it could have prevented another senseless killing. But what's one more.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    According to the article Womack knew one of the guys at least casually. and the state Rep is pretty street smart. When he looked at the guy he probably knew they weren't going to shoot him, they just wanted money the car or both.
    I met John Norman Collins at a pig roast about a month before he was arrested. One just never knows.

3 guys approach me with guns, I don't care if I knew them since kindergarten. I'd give 'em my keys and ask how else may I serve you sir. lol

Quote Originally Posted by mikefmich View Post
    I met John Norman Collins at a pig roast about a month before he was arrested. One just never knows.

3 guys approach me with guns, I don't care if I knew them since kindergarten. I'd give 'em my keys and ask how else may I serve you sir. lol
    LOL !! I hear you there

I read Womack owes $21,000 on deliquent water bills. Was he filling every pool in the county? I get one for $200 and Im going nuts.
    Maybe his additude was screw it and shoot me

... sometimes even when people give up the keys they get shot/killed anyway, out of the no-witnesses/pure-spite/evil/whatever rationale.. it's a crapshoot either way, to me..

Reading between the lines, this craziness is accepted as routine and only becomes a "social problem" when begins to affect "public figures"?

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit News
    State Rep. Womack says robbery points to 'social problem' in Detroit

Detroit— State Rep. Jimmy Womack calls it a "social problem." Others use words like brazen, frightening and paralyzing.

"These people are so brazen they know they can get away with it," the legislator said Tuesday. "It is very, very disheartening when people who live in a neighborhood, they see you, you see them, but they have no problem robbing you."...

Womack joins a growing list of public figures including ministers, veterans and a former high-ranking law enforcement officer who have become victims of crime in the city...

Carl Taylor, a Detroit native and professor of sociology at Michigan State University, said the incidents are a serious sign that quality of life has deteriorated.

"There's a disconnect. It's frightening and it's really showing itself. We're at a very low point," said Taylor, adding these problems aren't confined to Detroit. "I'm astonished. It seems like nothing matters."...

"In just the last few days, folks are having shootouts on the freeway during rush hour, gun battles in the middle of intersections … how are high-profile folks going to escape this? They won't," said Angelo B. Henderson, vice president of the community patrol group the Detroit 300.

"These criminals are not even informed enough to know who are elected officials or preachers — all they see are cars, cash and in some cases Cartier sunglasses. It's a mindset and rapidly becoming culture."

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...roblem-Detroit

I had met Mr Womack. Very nice guy. People act differetly under the same circumstance. I would had given them my keys. He probably was taken aback that the situation was happening to him.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    He probably was taken aback that the situation was happening to him.
    That's my point.

"I was getting into my car and three gentlemen ran up to me with guns, put the guns to my head and told them to give them the keys to my car."

He's a politician, all right. "Gentlemen"???? WTF. Three assholes ran up to him. Political correctness bullshit.

Guy was probably still in shock. Remember, it's his district right?

Assailants one day constituents the next? Or was that the day before....?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    "I was getting into my car and three gentlemen ran up to me with guns, put the guns to my head and told them to give them the keys to my car."

He's a politician, all right. "Gentlemen"???? WTF. Three assholes ran up to him. Political correctness bullshit.