Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Pcm View Post
    There is a new Tim Horton's on Cass at Warren.

There used to be an Einstein on Anthony Wayne [[not sure if it's still there).

The Bottom Line has been threatening to open in the basement of the Beethoven for months. It's expected to open soon.
    Bottom Line coffee shop slow opening reminds me of the Ye Olde Butcher's Shoppe slow or no opening. Everthing is in place but stubborn owners have their own agendas to meet instead of meeting the demands of residents who live in the areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Weak encouragement, if that. Geez, why don't you 'warn' them about the apparent curse on that corner, too?!

Great Lakes Coffee is a totally different beast. They roast their own beans. Only one other shop in town does that, from what I can tell. I know of no other with a license to sell drinks with alcohol, either.

James is a fine businessperson and even better neighbor and civic leader. I expect great things from Great Lakes at this site.

Cheers,
    John
    That's me trying to be glass-is-half-full. Usually it's lights out on the thread once I post.

I'm going Friday. Sounds great and not cookie cutter like Starbucks or nasty [[IMO) Tim Hortons! Serving drinks as well should go over well. Their covering alot to do coffee and drinks. Do they have wifi?

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I am glad that another coffee house had opened in the area. Midtown as well as Detroit need it. Have small medium and larger size paper cups instead of just one size

Tim Hortons has THE WORST coffee on the plant ! It's undrinkable !
    I stop by Tim Hortons Compuwear bought a cappuccino, I took a sip once I got to my car, It was SO horrible I threw it away . I couldn't even drink it .
    I couldn't believe how bad it was :-[[ I can't believe they sell that crap !
    I wouldn't take my worst enemy for coffee there !

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    “It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity.”
    Dave Barry
    Which is why when i used to set up meetings I would have two small tables on opposite sides of the room. One table had the coffee pot while the other table on the other side of the room held the cream, milk, soy substitute, sugar, and artificial sweetener.

You got your coffee on one side of the room and then, if you wanted to play with it, went to the other side. That way, people that needed COFFEE didn't have to wait while someone took five minutes to play with their coffee.

Agreed! They're in College for Creative Studies, Taubman Center campus and the really nice worker did everything she could to make it right. Just bad coffee beans they use I've concluded.

I've had it at other locations - still horrid. Even the flavored stuff is bad, horrible. I've had better 'gas station' coffee then Tim Hortons... Great staff in my experience but useless, nasty coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitdave View Post
    I stop by Tim Hortons Compuwear bought a cappuccino, I took a sip once I got to my car, It was SO horrible I threw it away . I couldn't even drink it .
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-12-12 at 06:05 AM.

Yes, on the hot cocoa and mocha. We use a chocolate on a stick from mindu in Dexter, MI. We think its pretty fantastic, hope you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by glc View Post
    Yes, on the hot cocoa and mocha. We use a chocolate on a stick from mindu in Dexter, MI. We think its pretty fantastic, hope you like it.
    Are you guys going to have large and extra large size carryout coffee cup. Your coffee taste great but that little cup could go in one swallow. With a bigger cup I won't have to pay full price for a refill. I am glad that you guys had opened in that location.

Sounds simply wonderful! Thank you for all of your hard work in starting and opening this establishment!! I am coming soon to check it all out and hope to become a regular patron. Will you have WIFI?

Quote Originally Posted by glc View Post

I agree that Tim Horton's coffee is not the best. I love Caribou. Great Lakes is a good example of a locally owned business serving the community instead of a mainstream business such as Bigby, Starbucks, and Tim Horton.

Nice feedback. I will look into a larger cup for the drip station. Thanks for the support!
    Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Are you guys going to have large and extra large size carryout coffee cup. Your coffee taste great but that little cup could go in one swallow. With a bigger cup I won't have to pay full price for a refill. I am glad that you guys had opened in that location.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I'm going Friday. Sounds great and not cookie cutter like Starbucks or nasty [[IMO) Tim Hortons! Serving drinks as well should go over well. Their covering alot to do coffee and drinks. Do they have wifi?
    Yes they do have wifi. I think that they are going to do good with the coffee shop during the day and the wine and coffee during the night. The cookie cutter cafes are not allowed to be as creative

Quote Originally Posted by Pcm View Post
    There is a new Tim Horton's on Cass at Warren.

There used to be an Einstein on Anthony Wayne [[not sure if it's still there).

The Bottom Line has been threatening to open in the basement of the Beethoven for months. It's expected to open soon.
    The Einstein is connected to the Starbucks and is still there.

hi socks_mahoney,
    really sorry you had a bad experience. send me an email scottrutterbush@greatlakescoffee.com as I'd welcome an opportunity to make this right for you. appreciate the feedback.
    glc

Quote Originally Posted by socks_mahoney View Post
    dude. over priced yuppie shit. not even a hipster shop. I stupidly ordered a beer assuming that it would cost, you know, what a beer costs. Instead I got a half a pint of beer [[half!) for 8 dollars.

I hope the coffee is less expensive. I would like to say I'll be back, but I dunno.

Bring back the Thistle!
    There are actually pints starting at $4. But there are also some very pricey [[and delicious) beers on draft as well.
    The idea behind the half pint is to allow someone to try a beer that they might not normally order. There are also quarter pints.
    I think its a pretty awesome idea.

**** full disclosure though, i work there****
    Last edited by MrMister; July-12-12 at 10:41 AM. Reason: full disclosure

So can I get a caffe correcto? That would be wonderful. That's a real cafe, where you can get coffee, a drink, or a shot of grappa or whiskey or something else in your espresso.

I'm here right now loving this Great Lakes Lager and pretending desperately to look busy. Does anyone *really* get anything done on their laptop at the coffee shop? I seem to need a reminder every six or so months.

GUSHI Guest

Tim hortons regular coffee is the best, Starbucks i regular coffee is over priced and nasty

I guess opinions vary... I find Tim Hortons and Starbucks bad. Starbuck over priced too add to the problem. Good an indy coffee spot nearby to have as an option!

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    Tim hortons regular coffee is the best, Starbucks i regular coffee is over priced and nasty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2