Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lorax View Post
    Because Batts is always leaving them open.
    No, I'm sure he doesn't live anywhere with dumpsters. He's a rich dr.

Aciphex [[pronounced ass-effects) is for relief of heartburn and acid reflux disease. Great. But the phonetics make me giggle every time.

Lorax Guest

Oh, that's right, he's got a private service to remove the garbage. He must pay extra if his old posts are included in that heap.

Why can't my stupid neighbors learn to close the dumpster doors?
    Superglue them shut? Nah, that would backfire.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Do liberals realize that climatologists are documenting a global cooling period right now? And predicting the beginning of a decade [[or more) long naturally occurring cooling period?
    do you realize that it is a cooling period that is part of the natural cycle BUT climatologists are predicting it will be warmer than the normal cooling periods [[due to AGW) and specifically warn that said cooling period would mask the underlying warming and that the ignorant minions of Big Energy would quickly jump on it, but would only give half the story?

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...efer=worldwide
    Last edited by rb336; September-08-09 at 01:11 PM.

ccbatson Guest

Only the climatologists sitting on stage with Al Gore and Van Jones lurking in the wings with a sniper rifle trained on their heads.

I decided it is safe to resurect this thread after a year with this thought:

One bit of music to which I will never tire of listening:

Michigan Symphony for Night Insects and Frogs by M. N. Ature

why do people, specifically in this case lie?

the missing word was men.

why do people, specifically men lie? not all but alot.

checkraisej Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MizMotown View Post
    the missing word was men.

why do people, specifically men lie? not all but alot.
    why do people, specifically women lie? not all but alot.

i'm not quite sure. i think all lying starts the first time you were asked something and a lie was better than getting in trouble. not quite understanding that is the LIE when/if found out that gets you in bigger trouble.

I want some cheese blintzes, but Mrs. Lodge said that Kroger doesn't have any. That's lame.

not even the newly renovated HP kroger?

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    not even the newly renovated HP kroger?
    I don't know. I don't think she checked every Kroger.

Try Hiller's

my brother made some good ones at a family reunion, so i asked

pancake
    3 large eggs, 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup milk, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, 1 tablespoon unsalted butter.
    [[sort of like a crepe recipe). make all the crepes or whatever, stack em and make the filling

filling:
    1 1/2 cups cream cheese, 2 cups cottage cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour. blend until mixed

wrap the filling in the crepes, bake on parchment on low heat [[250-275), heat em and eat em. you can shave powdered sugar on em if you like.

I'm pretty sure my brother stole this recipe from somewhere

I wonder where the greatest concentration of people who believe Pres. Obama is a muslim live.

Are South Carolinians Muslim?

whether you loved it or hated it, the state fair would've started this week.

that is funny, jl

I'm on the Wi-Fi at the Library, and some guy is making an over seas Skype phone call on the computer about ten feet from me. No problem, usually, except he's repeating every sentence between three and ten times in a row !!!
    I've got my work space set up, so moving is not an option. I guess I'll find streaming radio and throw on the head phones.
    I remember when things were quiet at the library, but now half the people here are making phone calls at the same time and holding loud conversations.

Update - He was taking a speech recognition English language course for two hours. I thought there was a hard of hearing person on the other end of a Skype call.

My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    He was taking a speech recognition English language course...
    What is that? Do you mean he was learning how to speak English so that a machine could understand what he said? [[Why do I find that so humorous?)

When he kept saying - "I am a doctor" or "I am a mechanic" ten times in a row, loud, I was thinking, which is it buddy ? And if he was both, how much would that car repair bill cost ?

What does Paul Simon think of digital photography taking his Kodachrome away?

Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast