Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 24 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 44 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    That bunny is heading for the stew pot,his viral video brought him to court today with three other states waiting in line with past warrants,seems like he has a habit of getting into altercations.

Bunny you should mention that. I'm sure the judicial system will jump right on it. The other states certainly were quick to hop onboard.

""Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully
    as when they do it for religious convictions.""

Blaise Pascal -- mathematician, physicist, inventor, theologian.

From Patching crew shares unique view of Michigan’s road problem
    “People see us, especially on the expressways, and they get aggressive. They’re mad that we’re holding up the street, even though we’re trying to fix the streets,” Thomas said. “They come by and flip us [[off), throw bottles at us. I’ve had so much stuff thrown at me. I had one lady try to spit on me, but she didn’t realize her window wasn’t down. It splatted right back in her face.
    Justice. LOL!

I detest spitters. Serves her right!!

There's a percentage of vile folks behind the wheel indeed. I see people yelling and cursing car to car, windows down. Insane.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-26-19 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post

I've rolled down my window and yelled "Thank You" or "Alright!" before. They're only trying to make it better. I don't know what gets into people sometimes.

After giving up on my Xfinity on demand early this year, [[after several tries,) it now comes back with a pay per view under free movies. Watch out for this clever capitalist.
    This is why Comcast has the worst rating in history, other than Genghis Khan.
    Last edited by Bigb23; April-26-19 at 07:54 PM.

Wecan't all have Warren Buffett's investing prowess, but we can followhis example as a reminder of the good we can do when we maximizefinancial efficiency. It may not have been an efficient use of timefor two of the world's richest men to use coupons to buycheeseburgers, but it was worth it for the laugh, the story, and thegood habits that the Oracle of Omaha has engrained over years ofmaking the most of his mone[/QUOTE]y.

The time that Warren Buffett and Bill Gates used coupons at McDonalds

April 25th, 2018 by Couponit

Warren Buffett's estimated net worth is currently $86.9 billion, making him the 3rd-richest person on Earth. Don't assume that he's ever let that wealth get in the way of a good deal. In Bill and Melinda Gates' 2017 annual letter, they refected on a notably value-oriented lunch which Warren Buffett once took Bill out on.
    Bill writes: "Remember the laugh we had when we traveled together to Hong Kong and decided to get lunch at McDonald's? You offered to pay, dug into your pocket, and pulled out...coupons! Melinda just found this photo of me and "the big spender." It reminded us how much you value a good deal. That's why we want to point you to this number, 122 million. Extreme Couponing: Billionaire Edition
    Saving children's lives is the best deal in philanthropy."
    Indeed it's this same obsession with value that has propelled Buffett over the years as one of the world's leading investors. Despite his billions, Warren still lives in the house that he purchased in 1958 for $31,500. He routinely stops at McDonalds for a $3 breakfast on his five minute drive to work. Perhaps more importantly, Mr. Buffett has pledged to give his billions to charity, assisting the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation with the single largest charitable gift in history.
    "My life couldn't be happier" says Buffett. "In fact, it'd be worse if I had six or eight houses. So, I have everything I need to have, and I don't need any more."
    We can't all have Warren Buffett's investing prowess, but we can follow his example as a reminder of the good we can do when we maximize financial efficiency. It may not have been an efficient use of time for two of the world's richest men to use coupons to buy cheeseburgers, but it was worth it for the laugh, the story, and the good habits that the Oracle of Omaha has engrained over years of making the most of his money.

I'm still mad at Microsoft.

Last edited by Bigb23; April-26-19 at 08:50 PM.

I don't know what Reddit did this past 24 hours, but I will be a read only user.

So much for community.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I understand Michigan's higher than average truck weight limits also factor in to the messed up roads.

OT
    Quote Originally Posted by pjbear05 View Post
    I understand Michigan's higher than average truck weight limits also factor in to the messed up roads.
    I’m sure you’re right, but it would be interesting to see an accounting of how much we paid in gas taxes over the last 10/20/30 years and how much we actually spent on roads.

My guess would be that the money was spent on poor quality roads, to “save” money”, and politician’s pet social projects to achieve re-elections.

It’s time to FIX THE DAMN ROADS with what we’ve already paid by trimming every social budget that benefited from it in the past and not to fleece us again with NO GUARANTEE it won’t happen again.

Screw Whitmer’s 45 cents per gallon INCREASE. [[20 cents a gall was too much when she wanted votes)
    Last edited by coracle; April-30-19 at 04:00 PM.

It is difficult to determine everyone at fault in the elite schools' admission scandals. There are parents and student children who knowingly passed on false admissions information or bribes to college officials. Colleges, their employees and third party fixers took some of those bribes or looked the other way. When these incidents are brought to light, those students are given the boot and some of their parents are shaken down. These colleges have been caught accepting bribes but haven't been punished themselves. Its sort of like employers who knowingly hire illegal non-citizen labor. We never see CEOs or any high ranking officers at e.g. Tyson or Marriot wind up in jail. Only their illegal alien employees get punished. So far, college chancellors have not personally suffered consequences either.
    Last edited by oladub; May-02-19 at 11:14 AM.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/08/healt...rnd/index.html

Just a friendly reminder that when processing your marmot for eating, please allow the critter to reach 165 degrees. Also don't wash the meat in your sink before cooking, as cross-contamination may occur. Raccoons, muskrats, and porcupine meat should be treated with the same caution, whether used in a stew or pie. Granny thanks you in advance.

Name:  granny.jpg
Views: 576
Size:  59.9 KB

Aw I just can't... Must share.

Name:  large.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  54.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn.F View Post
    Aw I just can't... Must share.

Name:  large.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  54.4 KB
    I posted a video about that over 10 years ago. I can't believe I was able to still find it. It's a bit more satisfying because of the drama but I won't spoil it.

Otters holding hands

I recall how impressed Gannon was that I was able to link directly to a specific post. Heh.
    Last edited by Jimaz; May-12-19 at 03:18 PM.

Thanks for hunting that down. I think it broke the adorable meter.

https://www.freep.com/story/weather/...it/3666723002/

It's not your or my imagination....this Spring sucked by any definition !....and that's not even accounting for the miserable rain and snow.

At least for me, I lost most of the Connections thread to post on.

Anyway, this would have gone on the fun videos thread.

https://old.reddit.com/r/funny/comme...put_this_here/

Full video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9G9lfA8fa8

And - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMnAGN2gRsw

Maybe the best action films of all time. [[Except End game.)
    Last edited by Bigb23; May-18-19 at 04:31 PM.

Scroll down the Connections page to Thread Options. Hit the arrow down and you will get a list of options for how long you want to display threads back to. Select show threads from "the beginning" . Then click on the Show Threads button to the right.
    It won't stay that way, but that's how you find them
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    At least for me, I lost most of the Connections thread to post on.

Anyway, this would have gone on the fun videos thread.

https://old.reddit.com/r/funny/comme...put_this_here/

Maybe the best action film of all time.

Yeah, tried that Jcole. Before.

And I also thought I had a handle on the Comcast/Xfinity auto menu this morning. The ONLY customer service they offer over the phone or website is a reboot. Never got a person.
    I just bundled up their broken equipment and took it to their store. That went well, but it took a half hour call with the Philippines to enable the box. They gave me a heavy duty gift bag that I will graffiti the hell out of. And use everywhere.

Not good for them.
    Last edited by Bigb23; May-18-19 at 05:03 PM.

Did you find this: It won't stay this way but you can do it every time you want to find a thread.
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 538
Size:  64.8 KB

That is the back forty of DetYes anyways, although I miss the Garwood thread. My robot went internet/cloud bankrupt. And I get $40 Crocks for $6.
    I'll stay on the main threads.

Edit - Anki/Vector went out of business with a cloud based robot that strands 6.5 million users.
    And the Crocs can be bought at Dollar Treasure.
    And on the main threads - the fighting is fierce.
    Last edited by Bigb23; May-19-19 at 07:46 AM.

I have no idea what you're saying but as long as you do, it's alright

Okay, let's get off the Connections topic. Bare with me here. Walking out in my parking lot, I thought about my white SUV. I HATE white. White is the most popular color they say. Then I remembered the Old Henry Ford story about you can have his Model T in any color, "as long as it's black".

Then I thought, out of fifteen MILLION black model T's built did somebody paint one white, [[not racist), ever?

Below is the only car of it's kind I could find of a white with brass model T online.

Attachment 38226

Take THAT Henry. A beautiful car.
    Last edited by Bigb23; May-18-19 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I have no idea what you're saying but as long as you do, it's alright
    Unfortunately , I write letters to family members, to prove I'm not stroked out or have advanced Alzheimer's. One typo, and then they call up asking how I'm doing.

A death knell if I was into GOT.
    Last edited by Bigb23; May-19-19 at 07:39 AM.

Default Amazing Steam machine bike

It's shown running at about 4 minutes into the video.

These would sell very well. Could someone mass produce them? Please?

Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 24 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 44 ... LastLast