Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 38 ... LastLast

Lewis Black on Kushner, Trump and the 2018 elections

"... And then the chimpanzee would have been a self-made chimpanzee. And we would have elected the chimpanzee, proudly." LOL!
    Last edited by Jimaz; November-26-18 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I wonder if Lowell would be open to changing the tab title from "Non-Detroit" to "Richard's Threads"?
    No, "The Richard Show" would be better. Lowell?

I wonder why some join a discussion forum,then complain about others who join the discussion.

Or use thier input to constantly show thier dislike towards others as thier only contribution.
    Last edited by Richard; November-25-18 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I wonder why some join a discussion forum,then complain about others who join the discussion.

Or use thier input to constantly show thier dislike towards others as thier only contribution.
    Good questions; why IS it you insult every Canadian poster and their country on all of the threads you partake in?

thier
    Where are you from? Florida? Please spell check.

And what I want to be remembered for and my Woodward dream cruise dream ride.

Attachment 37011

"The Family Truckster" A 1971 Chevrolet Kingswood ?

Watch out in Chicago. Pre GPS.

And an Aussie thank you to the Motor City.

https://geekologie.com/2018/11/a-fla...-burning-s.php
    Last edited by Bigb23; November-26-18 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    St Petersburg, but not the one with palm trees?

Actualy from Minnesota,but sense I do not go out of my way to attempt to berate people according to thier point of origin,it shows good spelling does not make for a better person.
    Last edited by Richard; November-26-18 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    St Petersburg, but not the one with palm trees?
    I wonder why Russia has a national school lunch program,but Canada does not?

That is kinda the thread title,thoughts at large and not,I need a safe space from Richard.

At least you guys care about me to keep bringing me up personally,makes me feel a little special.

I wonder why Russia has a national school lunch program,but Canada does not?

That is kinda the thread title,thoughts at large and not,I need a safe space from Richard.

At least you guys care about me to keep bringing me up personally,makes me feel a little special.
    It may be that Canadian children have a breakfast at home rather than at school because parents are generally less strapped with health care and schooling costs.

Also, in Quebec, day care is 10$ a day and both maternity and paternity leave are available. Plenty of other stuff too that you can only dream of, Ричард. lol
    Last edited by canuck; November-26-18 at 02:06 PM.

Thank you Richard, for putting me on your ignore list.
    We've both saved a LOT of time.

My bad, I put you on the ignore list.
    Last edited by Bigb23; November-26-18 at 02:15 PM.

^ I will bet that was a lot easier and faster then coming up with posts entirely based on trying to belittle somebody.

Wise move.

Just do not be like the other one and say you did that,and then pop out once in awhile in order to take a swipe.

^ I will bet that was a lot easier and faster then coming up with posts entirely based on trying to belittle somebody.

Wise move.

Just do not be like the other one and say you did that,and then pop out once in awhile in order to take a swipe.
    You belittle people daily; get off you hi hrose

You belittle people daily; get off you hi hrose
    Actually yes I can be a sarcastic prick,but the one thing you will never see me do is instigate,I respond.

When have you ever seen me start out a post by calling somebody an idiot,telling them it is my job to school them,chastised somebody for thier spelling and on and on.

I do kinda notice that you do not have a problem with the ones that perfer that route,only me,because I do not agree with you.

That is life,if you are going through yours only dealing with those who agree with you and cannot stand those who disagree with you,that is on you,not me.

If you would take the emotions of hate trump out of the picture while reading my posts you will see that my banter with canuk is exactly that,he disses the US and I diss Canada.

It is a discussion forum,there is no post limit requirement and it would be a pointless endeavor if people did not post and discuss.

The only requirement is to show respect towards others and thier opinions,when one starts calling people stupid they really have to expect some back lash.

My name is Richard,I have nothing to hide and I am not going to lay down for anybody,never have and never will,walk up to somebody in the street and ask them if they are an idiot and watch what happens,I do not respond here to anybody any different then I do in real life,I have not been punched in the mouth yet in 58 years,so it would appear that thousands before you did not have a problem.

Anyways,you are making the thread about me when the topic was thoughts at large,if you wish to continue discussions based on having a conversation with the mirror,then feel free to also block me,or it only takes a second to continue scrolling.

You have to admit it is kinda hard to have a discussion based on,Trump sucks and so does anybody that agrees with him or his policies,end of discussion.

Or maybe not.

Nice try Richard.

I am not dissing the U.S., but the MAGA idea of the U.S.: Chump's own naked sense of self worth draped in a flag that for me, is a lot more than the sum of his private parts.

I never really got the part about dragging a Barnum into the role of a statesman; and honestly, I get some confirmation that he is not apt to be on a weekly basis, and I am being kind.

I didn’t make the post about you; you made it about you. If I wanted to discuss it with you I would’ve said it on one of the many “Richard says“ posts. You followed me over here And created another one of your bloviating posts because you cant bear to not be the center of attention. If you would occasionally admit that you’re wrong about one of your ridiculous points or at least that it could be discussed without name calling and slams at Canada and the prime minister and the people that live in Canada and everyone that disagrees with you,it might not be so hard to swallow the rambling words that are your arguments. I don’t respond directly to your posts because there are so many warped ideas in them that I can’t pick one line to follow and if I did find one that made sense you would accuse me of not answering the others and ignore the one that I did answer. Which is what you do to everyone else. I follow this thread to see what other people are saying but occasionally makethe mistake of trying to understand one of your points and comment
    Last edited by jcole; November-28-18 at 11:12 AM.

^ so according to you it is okay for Canadians to slam this country and disrespect our president but I am not allowed to comment in return?

The only reason that it bothers you is because the slams and jabs are trump hate related.

Now go back and read your post and count the jabs and where you are doing the exact same thing that you are accusing me of,my guess is that you will not even see it.

Granted it was hard to follow with you rambling on without proper sentence structure and use of commas and paragraphs.

You do relize that telling me that you do not read my posts,but point out my ramblings like you are well versed on what I am posting,either you read them or you do not.

I did not follow you over here,is it your private space? you mentioned my name personally,bringing me into the discussion by whining about my posts.

Ingore me,it is as simple as that.

You see,that is almost a discussion,that has got to be the most words that you ever typed at one time,outside of dropping trump is a moron and that is the extent.

Should we try discussing religion now?
    Last edited by Richard; November-26-18 at 10:25 PM.

Yesterday I heard on the radio that there is still a problem with salmonella-infected turkey on store shelves. I started hearing about this just before Thanksgiving. [[Bad timing!) That's the longest duration of a food-borne illness incident in memory.

You'd think the industry would want this problem wrapped up faster so they could get back to business. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been avoiding turkey.

Jennie-O recalls more than 164,000 pounds of ground turkey in widening salmonella outbreak

In November, the Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service said in a statement that it would be “grossly irresponsible and reckless” to identify the brands or name the companies that operate the facilities “when a link from an establishment to an illness has not been made.”
    Well then how many more months will it take to make a link?

Default Creepy Christmas Crisps

I received a gift package of "Whisps" Parmesan Cheese Crisps. They proudly list one and only one ingredient: 100% parmesan cheese, manufactured in the USA by Schuman Cheese, Fairfield NJ 07004.

The creepy part is that after chewing all the flavor away, you're left with a tasteless putty in your mouth that will not dissolve no matter how long you chew it. It's like depleted chewing gum only less elastic, more like paper, or plastic, pulp.

Is there any part of parmesan cheese that won't dissolve?! What's in this stuff that they're not reporting? Is this the level to which predatory capitalism has devolved, exploiting benefactors at the expense of their recipients?

Where they real crunchy when you opened them? If not it's possible they were not sealed well and absorbed water.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I received a gift package of "Whisps" Parmesan Cheese Crisps. They proudly list one and only one ingredient: 100% parmesan cheese, manufactured in the USA by Schuman Cheese, Fairfield NJ 07004.

The creepy part is that after chewing all the flavor away, you're left with a tasteless putty in your mouth that will not dissolve no matter how long you chew it. It's like depleted chewing gum only less elastic, more like paper, or plastic, pulp.

Is there any part of parmesan cheese that won't dissolve?! What's in this stuff that they're not reporting? Is this the level to which predatory capitalism has devolved, exploiting benefactors at the expense of their recipients?

Where they real crunchy when you opened them? ...
    Yes, almost too crunchy. I just threw them away. Too creepy.

I also heard a warning on the radio that there is some kind of inedible glitter being sold as decoration for Christmas cookies, etc.

FDA Advises Home and Commercial Bakers to Avoid Use of Non-Edible Food Decorative Products

It never used to be like this. What has become of this country? Have we all suddenly become guinea pigs for some kind of profit-hoarding predator cult?

The only reason I mention these things is that the pattern is becoming conspicuous and it's not getting a lot of press. It should.
    Last edited by Jimaz; December-28-18 at 09:31 PM.

that for me, is a lot more than the sum of his private parts.
    Ahem - that's already known, with more to know later.

And as far as the USDA, didn't Trump boot every Obama management leader and most scientists from that division for a young regional campaign manager from Chicago who couldn't lead his way out of a wet paper bag?

[[Vanity Fair article summer 2018.)

Just do the sniff test first.

On Android devices
    : You might need to change the USB setting to allow you to transfer media or photos and not just charge the phone. Go to
    Notification Center
    and choose
    Transfer files
    or
    File transfer
    . If your photos or videos are stored in the cloud, you won’t be able to download them, since they then exist in the cloud and not on your device. If you want to import your photos or videos to your PC, download them from Google Photos in your browser or use the Your Phone app from Microsoft Store.
    I remember when computers used to be fun and somewhat easy. Now - just to move a photo around from one device to another takes a Phd. from MIT. Changes every few months. Thanks.
    Last edited by Bigb23; January-01-19 at 04:53 AM.

I remember when computers used to be fun and somewhat easy....
    That explains why Polaroid cameras are coming back into fashion. Even little kids are having fun with them.

Costco had unbelievably good prime ribeye steaks for $10/pound. Trying to cut down on red meat so, when I do eat it, it had better be good. This is the good stuff.

How to cook:

1. Let the steaks come up to room temperature, at least an hour. Wrap them in paper towel to get them bone dry. Optionally cover them in salt to suck out even more moisture.
    2. Get an iron skillet *searing* hot on the stove, with the burner set all the way up. My test is getting my hand wet under the kitchen faucet and throwing water on it - the water should evaporate immediately
    3. You can put in oil if you want, I use a dollop of bacon grease which gives the steak a smoky flavor
    4. Cook on one side for a few minutes, cook on the other side for a few minutes, then set them upright on the slab of fat on the side for a few minutes
    5. Pull them off, put on a plate, cover them with foil, and let them sit for at least a few minutes

That's it. You don't need anything fancy. No spices or herbs or anything. You can throw on some pepper if you like, but salt is really all you need.

Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 38 ... LastLast