Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 ... LastLast

That's alot of detailed self-loathing to CHOOSE to look like that! Nice doggies though. Good they did not decide to bark!!!

First, let me say that I come from a long standing GM family of workers that had close to a hundred years of combined experience.

But I was reading an article about the Bank/Auto bailouts in an old issue of Washington Monthly.
    GM came up short on a break even or better return to taxpayers when the others had.

Couldn't GM maybe do a year or two of military vehicle R&D and manufacture AT COST, to recoup some money back to the taxpayers and still stimulate American jobs? Some other contractors might bitch, but something could be worked out I'm sure.

May I say that Reddit WTF and Reddit celebrity NSFW are the best running comedy comments in media history. So few things make me laugh out loud nowadays. Comedy Central and .......Reddit?

The best comedians in the world are sitting in their living rooms now with a cocktail, and riff off each others commentaries.

[[Ha - I said cocktail ) ------

Kendall Jenner, The slightly less annoying Jenner/Kardashian/West side of the family.

What's with these rich celebrity chicks who can't seem to afford a good quality camera?

Whenever a photographer takes a blurry picture, it's "artistic" but when I take a blurry picture, I have Parkinson's disease.

When my photos of half naked women appear blurry to me...it's usually due to pepper spray.
    Last edited by Bigb23; July-17-16 at 03:46 AM.

Got a new washer/dryer recently. Works great. Yea!

There was one white instruction conspicuously stenciled diagonally across the control panel that says "PLEASE REMOVE PROTECTIVE COATING:" So I felt around for the transparent plastic film that manufacturers often use to protect their product during shipping. It's not there. If it were ever there, it had already been removed. Then I noticed that this instruction runs underneath the silkscreened black text [[and the Kenmore brand name) that you would normally expect on the control panel. WTF?!

Some moron[[s) didn't understand that this instruction was supposed to be printed on top of the protective coating so it would peel off with the coating. So now it's stuck there permanently. How embarrassing for them.

Is this the result of having things manufactured by people who have never experienced unwrapping new things? Or maybe no one involved understood English?

I have no idea where it was made.
    Last edited by Jimaz; July-25-16 at 05:21 PM.

I saw a screen saver prank on line where a room mate destroid a 35 mm camera of a bro mate.

Watch your stuff.

I'm sitting here NOT helping society. What can I do within my medical realm.? [Disability.]
    I'm best at reading/writing. What can I do two hours a day to help one person read /write ? I want to leave this place a better world.

And please don't bug me about post particles, I can get them up and running.
    Last edited by Bigb23; July-31-16 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    I'm sitting here NOT helping society. What can I do within my medical realm.? [Disability.]
    I'm best at reading/writing. What can I do two hours a day to help one person read /write ? I want to leave this place a better world.

And please don't bug me about post particles, I can get them up and running.
    Sorry to hear about your situation, Bigb23. Mentor a kid?

I have mentored Cambodian refugees in the past for on the job skilled machine training.

So I get a temporary pass.

But I would like to see a reading program in our seniors common area for recent immigrants to brush up on language skills.

By the way, where is the spell check in Win10 ? And this dialog box? Are we really going the way of LOL, OMG, and rotfl with CU thr with Emojies? pls hlp me.

Hear that? It's the sounds of nroig. [[Nuns rolling over in graves).

Why can't corporations do a better job with hacking proof their software ?

They seem to lower the IT budget and offshore, for maximum profit, until they are caught with [[our) their pants down.

Now we are told to change our passwords to be NSA proof every few months !

Can't we outsmart a Russian kid with a basement laptop ? This is to you Target, Fiat/Chrysler and Yahoo.
    Last edited by Bigb23; August-07-16 at 08:35 AM.

Stupid is as stupid does.

I have found the Holy Grail of bar glasses' A knock over proof bar glass that defies logic.

Search mighty mug . I'm still amazed.

I'm still on Zulu for what it was. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BD0SriEG3M

A truer movie was ever made.
    Last edited by Bigb23; August-07-16 at 10:26 PM.

I have mentored Cambodian refugees in the past for on the job skilled machine training.

So I get a temporary pass
    Was I the guy that painted the welding helmet lens black and fixed the Tig welder foot pedal to not work ? Yes. He had a good sense of humor.

Until I saw the horrible scars on his back and heard his story of leaving three countries living in the jungle to get to America. All during a pickup basketball game. I'm sorry now.

My bad for 30 years .
    Last edited by Bigb23; August-08-16 at 11:01 PM.

It's 12:15 am and the Tigers game is on the radio. Can there be a more awful scenario ?

Obviously not a sports fan. Just talk radio...............

Why do Russian/ Swedish hockey players speak better English than [[me), this several generation American? I'm in awe.

Cigarette lighters have a label that says "WARNING: Keep away from children"

This is good advice. Children are dangerous. We should all keep away from them.

I have a robot dog on order that will be the next Furby.

Do I hang with it, or put it on Ebay for ten times the price?

I want the Robo dog, but........?

I was pondering how gullible someone would have to be to see a photo of an aircraft carrier on the Detroit River and not believe it had been photoshopped.

Then I ran across this: The Aircraft Carriers of the Great Lakes.

That's what I love about this Forum, the new history you can find on it. I'm an avid Navy historian, and never knew about a ship based training deck on the Great Lakes. Although I remember some thing about a pier based flight deck around where the Navy pier in Chicago is now.

I also just got my USS Detroit LCS 7 t-shirt a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    I have a robot dog on order that will be the next Furby.

Do I hang with it, or put it on Ebay for ten times the price?

I want the Robo dog, but........?
    Save your money on the CHIP robot dog. It has a LONG way to go. For me, a $200 paperweight. And waiting on a app upgrade.

Default Native-American Day vs. Indigenous Peoples Day

I'm sold on the idea of 'Native-American Day' replacing Columbus Day but why the sudden movement to call it 'Indigenous Peoples Day'? 'Native-American' is specific to the first people in the Americas but 'Indigenous People' seems more like a reference an international holiday of some sort. How did this change in vocabulary come about?
    Last edited by oladub; October-10-16 at 12:48 PM.

American Alcohol Has To Be [[Slightly) Radioactive

Apparently it's possible to make, although illegal to sell [[in the states), completely non-radioactive alcohol for human consumption.

Bartender, nuke me another.

I'm sick of these YouTube videos on how to mangle you're new $700 IPhone 7 to stop the annoying buzz that is driving everybody crazy. Samsung units at least just burst into flames., I can deal with that. But a buzzing noise? Hand me the mallet. [[And a six pack). This may take awhile,

$700 should get you more, sheeple.
    Last edited by Bigb23; October-13-16 at 01:07 AM.

No head phone jack on the new Iphone. How quaint, and special and eh' stupid!

I refuse to 'participate' in the Apple Iphone thing. I always buy older models of I phones as I use Apple computers so much in my profession. I have a used Iphone 5 with a new battery installed, and plan to use that until it's dead, and replace it with another Iphone 5 so long as Apple's iOs works on an Iphone 5 platform.

Otherwise, I'll switch to something that doesn't catch fire! But I'll never pay the zillion dollar status price for a mobile phone, ever.

I refuse to 'participate' in the Apple Iphone thing. I always buy older models of I phones as I use Apple computers so much in my profession.

Galaxy 5 user here. By chance, I have never used an Apple product, ever. But crap creeps up on you, no matter where you are.

But to grind a fix into a new $600 phone is beyond the pale.

How many times have you tried to UNSUBSCRIBE to a one time online vendors E-mail ?

I just went through a half dozen e-mails again trying to do this, and they just make it harder to do.

Stop - the everyday crap in my inbox, or I'll drop you like a flaming Buffalo chip.

Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 ... LastLast