ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 30 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1168

Fire Jim Harbaugh. Hire Urban Meyer.
    Change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by pjbear05 View Post
    Change my mind.
    Cleveland Browns are currently courting Urban Meyer.

Quote Originally Posted by pjbear05 View Post
    Change my mind.
    It would never happen. Michigan is the last place Urban would go.

Jan. 12, 2020, 10:42 AM EST
    By The Associated Press
    TORONTO — The Canadian province of Ontario sent an alert reporting an unspecified “incident” at a nuclear plant just east of Toronto on Sunday — only to later report the message was sent in error.
    What next, false alarms about North Korean missiles hitting Hawaii ?

I saw a large flock of European starlings today so I did some research.

Ten of the World’s Most Invasive Species

Heh. They missed Homo sapiens. We're number one!

Sparrows and tumble weeds are not native to North America.
    Last edited by Bigb23; January-18-20 at 04:29 AM.

"Tumbleweed," "Russian thistle" and "wind witch" are common names for this symbol of the American west. Russian thistle alludes to its Eurasian origin. Scientific names for tumbleweed include Salsola kali, S. pestifer, S. australis, S. iberica, and S. tragus. Salsola is derived from the Latin sallere, "to salt," in reference to the plant’s salt tolerance. There does not yet appear to be a consensus on the preferred scientific name, although S. tragus is the leading candidate for the inland variety of tumbleweed and S. kali, for the more coastal variety.

Burger King " Have it your way" three years ago - two Whoppers to go, no pickles, onions, or mayo.

"You do not want to do that"

Why?

"That just confuses them"

Today - They got the order right, I'm happy and they get to keep some money.

Give them $15, that's a masterclass episode.

Last night I dreamed that I couldn't sleep ... while I was asleep.

Where does that stuff even come from?

I find myself sometimes dreaming of sleep...

Daylight Savings Time's got electrolytes. It's got what plants crave.

Yawn.

Not racing green, but this is the 2020 Vette of my dreams.

Name:  Capture555.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  51.9 KB

But why are almost all cars white, black, silver, or grey? [[With a couple of pumpkin and fire engine red thrown in).

C'mon GM, throw a little color our way.

I'm sure this color would be Steve McQueen approved.
    Last edited by Bigb23; March-24-20 at 02:32 AM.

Wow! When we had a time change, I didn’t realize that we would go from Standard Time to the freaking Twilight Zone
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Daylight Savings Time's got electrolytes. It's got what plants crave.

Yawn.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Wow! When we had a time change, I didn’t realize that we would go from Standard Time to the freaking Twilight Zone
    LOL! It's a reference to the movie Idiocracy in case you missed it. It means sometimes a meme goes viral even though it's not such a great idea.

It's what we Earthlings do best.

My dad was a waist gunner on a B-24 over Ploesti during WWII. But for my money the P-61 Black Widow was the Swiss Army knife of the AAF. Fighter, Medium Bomber, Radar Surveillance. Too bad that there are only three left in the world.

Name:  Black.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  42.1 KB

Just the thought of a hung over 20 year old starting this contraption and risking his life astounds me.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Bigb23; March-31-20 at 02:46 PM.

I bet I'm not the only one who holds their breath and closes their eyes whenever anyone violates my 6 foot space on a walk or bike ride.

Cloverleaf & Buddy's pizza freezes quite well. Just don't order any veggies or fruit, as they get funky when frozen. You can always add them later. It's a nice break to have an easy good meal available with minimal cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    I bet I'm not the only one who holds their breath and closes their eyes whenever anyone violates my 6 foot space on a walk or bike ride.

I start coughing violently, I get my space back.

A suspected Covid-19 male patient is lying in bed in the hospital, wearing an oxygen mask over his mouth and nose. A young female nurse appears and gives him a partial sponge bath.... "Nurse", he mumbles from behind the mask, "are my testicles black?" Embarrassed, the young nurse replies, "I don't know Sir, I'm only here to wash your upper body and feet" He struggles to ask again..."Nurse, please check for me. Are my testicles black ?" Concerned that he might elevate his blood pressure and heart rate from worrying about his testicles, she raises his gown, holds his manhood in one hand and his testicles gently in the other. She looks very closely and says, "There's nothing wrong with them Sir....they look fine". The man slowly pulls off his oxygen mask, smiles at her and says very slowly, "Thank you very much. That was wonderful. Now listen very, very closely.... "ARE - MY - TEST - RESULTS - BACK ?"

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I start coughing violently, I get my space back.
    I still have the remains of a smokers cough,when I am in a store I have to hold it back because if I let it go,even with a covered cough, I know people are going to freak out.

"ARE - MY - TEST - RESULTS - BACK ?"

We need more this and less of "Shock Jock" daily news ! ROFL

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    It would never happen. Michigan is the last place Urban would go.
    I don't think that's true. It's just an Urban legend.

In the spirit of what could possibly happen next, I went to the mailbox and received a summons to appear in Macomb's criminal court for jury duty on May 6th. Even weirder, the notice was sent out on March 26th, after the lockdown. I'm having nightmare visions of 60-100 masked people sitting in a jury pool room for hours in a court that's already had some incidents of virus infection. I'm all for doing my civic duty, but you've had 40 plus years to call me...why now ? Can't much see the urgency of convicting someone of a crime when you're currently releasing prisoners that have already been convicted. I'm sure this will be delayed, but it seems silly to have even sent out the notice during this time.

Jason Scott is the afternoon drive anchor for WWJ Newsradio.

At 3:50:45 today he said "It's now on the way here on Newsradio 950 as we recrap our, recrap our, ... that's reCAP our top stories in 30 seconds."

You can hear it yourself by going to https://www.radio.com/wwjnewsradio/listen and using their rewind feature. I love that feature. Bookmark it.

Today, Wednesday May 27 @

https://youtu.be/Aymrnzianf0
    or
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aymr...ature=youtu.be

Live video of Spacex space launch originally scheduled for

Launch: May 27, 2020 4:33 PM EDT | Commercial Crew SpaceX Demonstration Mission 2

Bob and Doug take off!
    Name:  bob and doug.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  63.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Today, Wednesday May 27 @

https://youtu.be/Aymrnzianf0
    or
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aymr...ature=youtu.be

Live video of Spacex space launch originally scheduled for

Launch: May 27, 2020 4:33 PM EDT | Commercial Crew SpaceX Demonstration Mission 2

Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 30 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast