Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 27 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

Bees,wasps and hornets are the number one killers in the animal kingdom against humans.

But nobody runs a kill em all campaign against that.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...u-this-summer/

^ no matter where you go or what site you go on,it is all the same,you cannot hide from them.

Maybe useing a VPN?

you used to be able to turn off cookies to stop it but now it seems like in the last month or so every site I visit a pop up box appears that says they use cookies and some of you just X out the box they will not allow you to view the site.

It used to be a human was valued on the amount of organs harvested,now it is proably based on your internet marketable values.

Sad for the younger generation that will never experience the life simplicity of a phone hanging on the wall where advanced technology involved upgrading from the rotary dial to the fancy push buttons.

Technology was sold as making your life easier,sometimes I wonder if the price paid is really worth it.

Who exactly does the Information Age benefit?

Even before the Internet state DMV and post office was selling our information.

Back in the early days you could code your own web page and have it hosted for $9.95 a month,now it has to be crazy for a small site to keep up with all of the technology and the work it takes to run a site let alone pay a techie to keep up with it all.

Small independent site I can see the need to offset the costs or they would have to charge a monthly fee to join,so you have to give them some understanding,but with the big major corporations,if they need to sell my information for the privilege of me doing buisness with them,then it might be time to re evaluate.
    Last edited by Richard; August-25-19 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Bees,wasps and hornets are the number one killers in the animal kingdom against humans.

But nobody runs a kill em all campaign against that.
    Because most people recognize that without them we would all starve. And most deaths by stinging insects are caused by humans acting like idiots.

Ignore the bee or hornet, it will go away - flail your arms at it, it will think you are attacking it [[or its hive) and it will go into "defend" mode - possibly even releasing pheromones to call more defenders. Of course, there are a lot of idiots who are attacked who ARE attacking the hive.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Because most people recognize that without them we would all starve. And most deaths by stinging insects are caused by humans acting like idiots.

Ignore the bee or hornet, it will go away - flail your arms at it, it will think you are attacking it [[or its hive) and it will go into "defend" mode - possibly even releasing pheromones to call more defenders. Of course, there are a lot of idiots who are attacked who ARE attacking the hive.
    I think the problem is that most do not understand bees and thier impact.

I had a large pine tree that has a hole near the top where honey bees lived,they pollenated my Mango,avocado,lemon and orange trees.

When I was working outside they would land on me but never bite,the mosquito fogger truck went by and killed them all.

No more fresh fruit,to many pesticides floating around.

Richard...

There you go, giving them bee's, hornets and wasps an undeserved reputation.

It's them pesky skeeters that are the most deadly critter on the planet.

Gots ta give a shout out to those germs and the viruses and bacteria and asteroids too.

Right of course you are, Dan Wesson. It's hard to imagine how anything else comes close. Also, I imagine much more lethal than bees is the threat mankind presents to itself.
    Last edited by bust; August-26-19 at 10:38 PM.

Everyone knows 'em: people who always want to get in the last word. Does looking at the "Last Post By" names in the topic lists of these forums give any indication whom among the contributors here they are?
    Last edited by bust; August-26-19 at 10:37 PM.

Yes. You are absolutely right on that.

I think the problem is that most do not understand bees and thier impact.

I had a large pine tree that has a hole near the top where honey bees lived,they pollenated my Mango,avocado,lemon and orange trees.

When I was working outside they would land on me but never bite,the mosquito fogger truck went by and killed them all.

No more fresh fruit,to many pesticides floating around.

Did my agreement with Richard break this thread??

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Did my agreement with Richard break this thread??

I think everyone is still reeling from the shock...

^^^ Shaken to the core... by the 'civility' of it all as well!
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-30-19 at 09:19 AM.

Meh,that is what makes this country such a wonderful place,if we did not have a political system of constant turmoil on both sides,there would be one controlling party.

I think the turmoil is there by design and seems to have worked as a whole for the last 200 + years.

No matter when you go in the world and no matter what system one is under and no matter what the language is the majority of the adverage people want the exact same things for them and thier families.

We all want the same thing but we just have different ways of going about it,like I have said before,I would never want somebody to agree with me 100% of the time nor would I judge or hold a grudge against somebody just because they do not agree with me,it solves nothing.

That is really what it is supposed to be about,listen to each other and try and find some common ground.

We all can agree that there is some screwed up things in this country that we can fix to make it a better place for everybody but it is not productive if we all cannot figure out how to get along and resolve it.

Besides I like the little bees,they are an important part of our ecosystem and food chain that is being ignored,what is the point in worrying about climate change if we are already dead before we get a chance to find out if that is what is going to cause our demise.
    Last edited by Richard; August-30-19 at 11:47 AM.

I have had a generator new in box posted on Facebook marketplace for 4 months with no replies,now when we have a hurricane coming in 2 days I have had 57 replies in 3 hours.

What is wrong with people?

Was watching a movie on Amazon prime.

The following movie is rated R : contains acts of violence and historical smoking.

Are people really that triggered if they see somebody smoking in a movie that it needs to be placed in an R rating?

^^^ LOL! Yet they uphold to celebrate and showcase deceit, VIOLENCE and plenty of gun-fire! Especially coming out of the elite hollywood left!

*Shocking*

NOT.

Exposure to smoking in entertainment media is associated with increased smoking in adolescents.

^ I wonder if that also applies to sex,alcohol,violence and shoot em ups?

Tobacco or weed? No kiddin'? I guess the same can be said for the other madness they're getting in entertainment media which seems to get the green light!

So glad I quit smoking [[was a light smoker but still needed to ditch the habit). Seems hard to find any place on earth to smoke [[tobacco).

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby_ View Post
    Exposure to smoking in entertainment media is associated with increased smoking in adolescents.
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-03-19 at 03:45 AM.

Yep. I've worked with teen populations and the impact/ influence is incredible!

^ I wonder if that also applies to sex, alcohol, violence and shoot em ups?
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-07-19 at 05:52 PM.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/colorado-...in-lion-attack

"
    I want everyone to know, if they want to wrestle a mountain lion, don’t,” he said. “Because they cheat!”

Made my day He's also has a heck of a story for the start of school. Glad he's ok !

Today I noticed a monarch butterfly. Then another. Then another. Dozens were all flying southwest at a rate of about one per minute.

It's hard to believe that they fly all the way to Mexico — and without a passport!

Neat. Can I ask where you live? I never see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby_ View Post
    Neat. Can I ask where you live? I never see them.
    Sure. I live here in Detroit.

Oh, wait. That triggers some folks. I live in the Detroit Metro area.

Oh, wait. That triggers some folks. Okay, I live in the Milky Way galaxy.

Isn't it odd that that statement doesn't generate the same kind of hostility?
    Last edited by Jimaz; September-13-19 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Sure. I live here in Detroit.

Oh, wait. That triggers some folks. I live in the Detroit Metro area.

Oh, wait. That triggers some folks. Okay, I live in the Milky Way galaxy.

Isn't it odd that that statement doesn't generate the same kind of hostility?
    Go with "Tri County Area"; seems to go under the radar.
    And I hear Monarchs are crazy this year as compared to the recent past. My husband saw several in the back yard of our "Tri County Suburban Bungalow" today

Lazy/Cheap me decided to Google Homade Cellphone holders.
    Forget paperclips, toiletpaper mache', and beer cans.

Ta-Da- Old school meets new school.

Attachment 38941

Fold an old cassette case inside out ! Works both vertical and horizontal.[[Saved you $32)
    Last edited by Bigb23; September-16-19 at 01:09 PM.

Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 27 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast