Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 28 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

^^^ Gotta love the art of re-purposing things!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Lazy/Cheap me decided to Google Homade Cellphone holders.
    Forget paperclips, toiletpaper mache', and beer cans.

Ta-Da- Old school meets new school.

Attachment 38941

Fold an old cassette case inside out ! Works both vertical and horizontal.[[Saved you $32)

That's brilliant! Thanx.

I have seen a LOT of monarchs this year as compared to the last 5 or 6 [[Hamtramck)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Today I noticed a monarch butterfly. Then another. Then another. Dozens were all flying southwest at a rate of about one per minute.

It's hard to believe that they fly all the way to Mexico — and without a passport!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Lazy/Cheap me decided to Google Homade Cellphone holders.
    Forget paperclips, toiletpaper mache', and beer cans.

Ta-Da- Old school meets new school.

Fold an old cassette case inside out ! Works both vertical and horizontal.[[Saved you $32)
    Very clever. Keeps the plastic out of the landfill too.

I always thought that the best use of an online forum is to share tips like that. In the "Who is Online" just now there was less than a page of members logged in but 17 pages of guests. Not to mention that tip will be retained here for a very long time. That's going to benefit a lot of people!

Dealing with my 3rd neighbor in a row who thinks it's standard procedure to move not once, but 3 times after midnight. So last night I cracked a beer and went out and sat on the front porch, sat in a lawn chair, and watched them from 5 feet away. Eventually they asked me if 'there was a problem'. I smiled and said, "none at all. It's just that if you're rude enough to move after midnight on a weekday and wake everyone up, I'm rude enough to watch...please continue !"

^^^ That's the behaviors of 'sketchy' folks, who may be skipping out on that last month of rent. Another tale-tale is moving with only garbage bags [[not moving boxes). I've moved utilizing a combo of both! LOL!

I'm being so judgmental only because there's no care for others when the midnight moving occurs.

Two of my biggest fears are ultra cold weather and power outages. I have built a head to toe winter outfit through the past few years through thrifting and online deals. So when I show up in Kroger on a Sunday dressed like a Norwegian monster killer - cut me some slack.

Attachment 38966

^ where were those back when we had those jackets where the hood zipped up into a fur lined snorkel that ended up being a iced up blinder when you breathe out.

If you really want to stay warm,look for military surplus extreme cold weather gear,it is light weight and designed for -70 temps.

Nothing like 2 years worth of Oak firewood stacked up and ready for them cold winter days and nights. Power or no power we got heat. Water can come from flowing wells close by.

Really, nothing like a warm wood stove on a cold and snowing evening with outside lit by a full moon and the quiet steady heat.

Four wheel drive truck and Jeep and Ariens 30" Sno thrower makes winter bearable.

Layers of clothing...
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; September-21-19 at 01:33 PM.

Amazon is ordering 100,000 electric trucks from Rivian[[wikipedia). Ford has a relationship of some sort with Rivian[[website). This story did not receive the coverage it deserves. The world's richest man owns Amazon, the Washington Post, Whole Earth Foods and probably some other toys. This huge purchase might be the tipping point between ICE and EV technology when the world goes no longer needs to subsidize the creation of EV technology and EV technology is just cheaper and makes more sense going forward. The order isn't especially good news for striking GM workers or manufacturers of conventional trucks. EVs have many fewer parts.

GM will not need nearly as many workers when it is up to speed with its own EV production. Best wishes to GM workers but some different strategy is needed to retain UAW jobs. Maybe more import taxes on imported cars would help.

Rivian and Tesla already have level 3 self driving capacity. In 12 years, a guess, after a lot of political fighting, level 5 self -driving vehicles will probably do to delivery drivers what ATM's, self serving kiosks and self checkout counters have/are doing to clerks.

^ already there,and not in a lone star way.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KciPnSrFYQI

^^^What a sad person he seems to be now. But I always like his film Another Woman alot and Annie Hall somewhat.

Default It's the end........ y'all

Bang your head...

^ this is what happens when she forgets the script at home.

https://ktrh.iheart.com/featured/mic...l-w-no-script/

Can America Let Go Of Being Number One?
    Is the USA a shining light that leads the rest of the world? If so, that's a weird way to describe how we're ahead in prison population and obesity rate. Newsbroke's Francesca Fiorentini explains why "American exceptionalism" is a myth, and why we need to let it go.

^^^ Exceptionalism may remain branded as the purview of repubs and conservatives for a time, and is certainly flawed as have been other systems.

However, the opposite of exceptionalism, particularly at the social level is not value to ascribe to. Sadly it is often the default to slide into!

Do we condemn exceptionalism whole clothe for the race to the bottom?

Further, if we are not on top, will not one else will step forward?

Nature abhors a vacuum. So to do nations made of people/ leaders/ groups and ideologies seeking ascension. Will their exceptionalism be better?

The quest for ascension and dominance is not solely found in the GOP.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-06-19 at 10:38 AM.

That’s how they created the inner cities,convinced a large group of people that thier only value in life was the size of the monthly check that they received in order to comply.

Many proved them wrong.

Not sure on the whole obesity rate as a guide,go anywhere in the world and it is not like a whole bunch of stick men and women are running around.

Which begs to question,was the stick figure the first gender neutral image?

^^^^^

You should stick to your First amendment right to defend your Second amendment right to bear arms.

Philosophizing is not your strong suit.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    ^^^^^

You should stick to your First amendment right to defend your Second amendment right to bear arms.

Philosophizing is not your strong suit.
    Sorry buddy no moral ground when it comes to guns when is comes to a country that removes guns from its citizens but has no qualms about placing them smack dab in the middle of every atrocity in the world.

According to a CBC News analysis, over the past decade Canada has shipped more than $28 million worth of Canadian-made guns and rifles to Saudi Arabia — this country's second largest weapons customer after the U.S.

The apparent presence of such rifles in Yemen's battlefields, and how they got there, raises difficult questions for the Canadian government.
    For one, the weapons may be pressed into service in a civil war that has killed some 3,000 civilians, destroyed infrastructure, displaced 2.5 million people and left an already acutely poor nation on the verge of widespread famine.

Canadian-made weapons may have fallen into the hands of Houthi fighters in Yemen's civil war, raising new concerns about Canada's arms exports to Saudi Arabia.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...abia-1.3455889

We are Canada,we do not want them nasty guns killing our own citizens but we like the dollars they bring when they are exported in order to kill everybody else’s men women and children.

Seems a bit hypocritical eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Sorry buddy no moral ground when it comes to guns when is comes to a country that removes guns from its citizens but has no qualms about placing them smack dab in the middle of every atrocity in the world.

According to a CBC News analysis, over the past decade Canada has shipped more than $28 million worth of Canadian-made guns and rifles to Saudi Arabia — this country's second largest weapons customer after the U.S.

The apparent presence of such rifles in Yemen's battlefields, and how they got there, raises difficult questions for the Canadian government.
    For one, the weapons may be pressed into service in a civil war that has killed some 3,000 civilians, destroyed infrastructure, displaced 2.5 million people and left an already acutely poor nation on the verge of widespread famine.

Canadian-made weapons may have fallen into the hands of Houthi fighters in Yemen's civil war, raising new concerns about Canada's arms exports to Saudi Arabia.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...abia-1.3455889

We are Canada,we do not want them nasty guns killing our own citizens but we like the dollars they bring when they are exported in order to kill everybody else’s men women and children.

Seems a bit hypocritical eh?

So the use of guns is reprehensible to you, now? I thought it was alright to own them in your republic and this was a prerequisite in the spread of democracy.

For a while there, I thought you had cellphones and trucks in your sights foremost as purveyors of senseless deaths.

^ no what is reprehensible to me is a country that removes guns from thier citizens but yet sends them out the back door to our enemies,I thought I made that clear.

I wonder how your military members feel when they are shot by weapons provided for by thier own country?

You forget that our Republic has a thing called a constitution,it prevents our government from forcing us from laying down and forced the abide,I realize that concept is tough for others who are already under thier total government control of every aspect of thier life.

Should you not be in the kitchen making some sandwiches for the school children? But see how that carries over to providing weapons to children of other countries,only the strong children are allowed to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ^ no what is reprehensible to me is a country that removes guns from thier citizens but yet sends them out the back door to our enemies,I thought I made that clear.

I wonder how your military members feel when they are shot by weapons provided for by thier own country?

You forget that our Republic has a thing called a constitution,it prevents our government from forcing us from laying down and forced the abide,I realize that concept is tough for others who are already under thier total government control of every aspect of thier life.

Should you not be in the kitchen making some sandwiches for the school children? But see how that carries over to providing weapons to children of other countries,only the strong children are allowed to survive.

Funny. You armed the Taliban in the eighties and Bin Laden could easily have paid for all that stuff back in the day. Then you spent all these years in Afghanistan and got shot by your armament.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Funny. You armed the Taliban in the eighties and Bin Laden could easily have paid for all that stuff back in the day. Then you spent all these years in Afghanistan and got shot by your armament.
    Yes we arm the world,heck the Obama administration made sure the Mexican cartels had plenty of weapons and nobody batted an eye.

The point that you keep avoiding is that we arm the world but we also protect the rights of our citizens to arm themselves.

You guys cry,bad guns and restrict your own citizens from owning them while also arming the world,all the while pretending to have the higher moral ground.

How do you tell your citizens that they cannot protect themselves while slipping weapons out the back door to every other country in the world so they can arm thier citizens?

Last edited by Zacha341; October-08-19 at 08:48 AM.

Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 28 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast