Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 37 ... LastLast

99% 0f this forum is useless when it comes to revive an old thread.

Detroit Style pizza ? Nowhere to go. Help me please. I can't find a search bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    99% 0f this forum is useless when it comes to revive an old thread.

Detroit Style pizza ? Nowhere to go. Help me please. I can't find a search bar.
    I quickly found Detroit-Style Pizza Catching On with the "Search Forums" link at the bottom of the page. Is that your quest?

I've never gotten the concept of a "Deep State". So I have a related question...If the action of cutting corporate taxes from 35% to 21% isn't the ultimate deep state move, than what is ? You're trying to sell me on some larger motivating deep state factor than corporate profits and greed ? What might that be if I may be so bold to ask ?

^^^ It's similar to Deep Pizza [[the Deep State), it appears to appropriately show and put forth the idea of hopeful division of cutting yummy this and giving mouthfuls of that, yet theirs always some spill over of cheese! And angry crusts of those still not satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    I've never gotten the concept of a "Deep State". So I have a related question...If the action of cutting corporate taxes from 35% to 21% isn't the ultimate deep state move, than what is ? You're trying to sell me on some larger motivating deep state factor than corporate profits and greed ? What might that be if I may be so bold to ask ?
    Yes profits are a factor but also world domination I suppose. Why are we still in Afghanistan under yet another president? [[Bush, Obama, Trump). That points to something other than the president running foreign policy.

I was trying to find something with a quick definition of the Deep State but I found this instead. It's a long essay but it looks good. [[I haven't had time to read it all yet.)

https://billmoyers.com/2014/02/21/an...he-deep-state/

Here's something I was just watching that relates to the Deep State.

US Builds Another Drone Base In Africa, Ignores Infrastructure At Home
    https://youtu.be/xnuveMxBQFs
    Last edited by Pam; August-29-18 at 10:39 AM.

^ I agree with the world dominated aspect mostly around control of resources,arms sales is the biggest and every country is into it.

That is why they start conflicts in countries that nobody really cares about,billions in arms and aid.Africa is the biggest and most exploited,no matter how much war is going on the corporations are still running it and profit,when you are in a constant state of war there are no rules or regulations or anybody enforceing them,one has no choice,work for 50c a day for 15 hours per or starve,who is going to complain,

That is why the big thing about retaining security clearances,it gives walk in access for lobbyists,a security clearance is worth billions,people get pissed when you mess with them.
    Last edited by Richard; August-29-18 at 11:34 AM.

Just watched a bunch of video trips on Youtube posted by Chosen Won and a few other regulars. It amazes me how rotten the street surfaces are back in the Detroit metro area. The patches have patches which have patches. Makes me oh, so grateful for my roads here in Nevada; nearly all in top notch condition. Just sayin'.

After thirty years of fuming and pulling my hair out over crummy printers and ink cartridge scams, I found this informative video on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHX6tHdQGiQ&t=636s

I've had dozens of printers that will not last more than an hour of actual run time before having to be replaced !

Large Corporations that have engineered failures built into their products for maximum profits from us. Who would have thought ?

Back in the '70s I worked pretty closely with some field engineers that worked for a well known printer manufacturer.

I noticed they had a nice line of printers that were sold throughout the industry's price range from the very cheapest to the top-of-the line. One puzzling thing though: they all looked identical from the outside. They varied only in the functions that they could perform.

Then they let me in on the secret. All those printers were identical regardless of price. The only difference was the DIP switch settings inside. If you wanted the most expensive functionality for the cheapest price, all you had to do was buy the cheap one and set the switches yourself.

The idea was they could cover the whole market most efficiently with only one design and the same production cost.

Pretty shrewd, I thought. Pretty shrewd.

Somebody pranked a TV station after a runway plane crash. Bad info. Funny/Sad but true

Filmed on a cellphone -

Flight crew -

Asiana flight 214,

Captain Sum Ting Wong
    We tu lo
    Ho lee fuk
    Bang ding ow

Filmed on the news station. Holy Stern, where are the TV Editors ?

OK - PC me, but funny, and done long ago.
    Last edited by Bigb23; September-29-18 at 03:08 AM.

Thanks Jimaz,

This is only one of hundreds of Intern screw ups that pass for news nowadays. The cigar chomping editors of yesteryear are rolling in their graves.

You're kidding me, Christmas commercials this early??? And It's not even July. [[Christmas in July).

At the Dollar store in August they told me the Xmas ornaments were crafts.

I really hate this season. July - February.
    Last edited by Bigb23; September-30-18 at 05:46 PM.

It being Columbus Day, someone should bring up whether 'Columbus Day' should be retitled. I'm for replacing 'Columbus Day' with 'Native American Day' but abhor Indigenous people day as sounding too PC, being hard to spell when foisting it on children, and perhaps being incorrect by definition. Miriam Webster dictionary provides this guidance regarding choosing the right synonym for indigenous: NATIVE, INDIGENOUS, ENDEMIC, ABORIGINAL mean belonging to a locality. NATIVE implies birth or origin in a place or region and may suggest compatibility with it. native tribal customs INDIGENOUS applies to that which is not only native but which, as far as can be determined, has never been introduced or brought from elsewhere. indigenous plants ENDEMIC implies being peculiar to a region. a disease endemic in Africa ABORIGINAL implies having no known others preceding in occupancy of a particular region. the aboriginal peoples of Australia

'Native American' is a broader term encompassing all groups that came from Asia although only one group came first over thousands of years. Indigenous people, according to this definition, have never been introduced or brought from elsewhere. We know that most, if not all, native Americans came across the Bering Strait. The arrival of native Americans is more worthy of being celebrated than the arrival of Columbus on Caribbean islands. Columbus never even set foot on what is now the United States. 'Aboriginal day' would also be technically correct although, again, a bit harder for children to spell.
    Last edited by oladub; October-08-18 at 11:47 AM.

I didn't want to throw myself into the whole $15/hour fast food pay thread, but can they at least care about their job enough to get an order right?

I stopped today at a Burger King for two Whoppers to go - no mayo no pickles. That was my dinner.

Simple order, when I got home, no toppings at all. Easy peasy.

Not too many years ago, I had to constantly reprogram an $80,000 - $100,000 CNC machine to not crash with an errant decimal point. Plus do five inspection points and lift and move #85 of steel by the minute.

Otherwise, you would not have your new BMW from Germany.

I was paid $10/hour with no benefits. While I applaud the $15 format -please get your head in the game.

At Burger King, press the RED French fry button, with out screwing up, and at least care for a poorly paid customer or Senior, and get your job right.
    Be best. ,from Malnomilam or whatever the first lady's first name is - And don't spit on the food.
    Last edited by Bigb23; October-12-18 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    It being Columbus Day, someone should bring up whether 'Columbus Day' should be retitled. I'm for replacing 'Columbus Day' with 'Native American Day' but abhor Indigenous people day as sounding too PC, being hard to spell when foisting it on children, and perhaps being incorrect by definition. Miriam Webster dictionary provides this guidance regarding choosing the right synonym for indigenous: NATIVE, INDIGENOUS, ENDEMIC, ABORIGINAL mean belonging to a locality. NATIVE implies birth or origin in a place or region and may suggest compatibility with it. native tribal customs INDIGENOUS applies to that which is not only native but which, as far as can be determined, has never been introduced or brought from elsewhere. indigenous plants ENDEMIC implies being peculiar to a region. a disease endemic in Africa ABORIGINAL implies having no known others preceding in occupancy of a particular region. the aboriginal peoples of Australia

'Native American' is a broader term encompassing all groups that came from Asia although only one group came first over thousands of years. Indigenous people, according to this definition, have never been introduced or brought from elsewhere. We know that most, if not all, native Americans came across the Bering Strait. The arrival of native Americans is more worthy of being celebrated than the arrival of Columbus on Caribbean islands. Columbus never even set foot on what is now the United States. 'Aboriginal day' would also be technically correct although, again, a bit harder for children to spell.
    You would hafta consider changing all them appelations [[not Appalachians) that refer to Columbus in locales across the continent. DC would become District of Aboriginia and Columbus Ohio become Nativia Ohio; British Colombia become British FirstNationsa.

British Colombia become British FirstNationsa.
    Or Northwest Territories to Nunavut. [[The best consumers of Detroit TV.)
    Last edited by Bigb23; October-12-18 at 09:45 AM.

Here we are in another election cycle, and not a bit of bigly truthism.
    Shame on the fake news that has been around for 100 years, and not 12 months. Witch hunt !
    Witch hunt !
    Witch hunt !
    Witch hunt !
    Witch hunt !
    Witch hunt !
    Witch hunt !
    Witch hunt !
    Witch hunt !
    Witch hunt !
    Witch hunt !
    Witch hunt !
    Witch hunt ! No collaboration .
    No collaboration,
    No collaboration.
    No collaboration,
    No collaboration.
    No collaboration,
    No collaboration,
    No collaboration. Yeah - trust me. Sad.

That's why the rest of the world thinks of him as "America's Godzilla in a golf cart".
    Last edited by Bigb23; October-13-18 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    You would hafta consider changing all them appelations [[not Appalachians) that refer to Columbus in locales across the continent. DC would become District of Aboriginia and Columbus Ohio become Nativia Ohio; British Colombia become British FirstNationsa.
    We know the names of most of the Native American nations from those regions - Washington District of Piscataway, Pekowi, OH, Okanagan Tsimshian for BC

I'm a frequent visitor to Reddit TIL and love the trivia - [[most of which is well known.) But what I hate is being redirected to a news site for an article, and being informed that while you are reading this disclaimer, we are installing cookies on you're computer. Free money for them.

We need 21'st century laws, for 1960's crap that exists. Com'on Congress, get with it.

If I ever see somebody actually wearing one of those raw kangaroo meat pullovers being advertised on the side of this forum page, I'm gonna pull a gut from laughter.

I wonder if Lowell would be open to changing the tab title from "Non-Detroit" to "Richard's Threads"?

^^^ DOUBLE LOL!!!!!!!!! Hah ------ !!

Am I the only one who thinks that Microsoft blows off 97% of their users for the 3% that can hack for good or bad on their opensource?
    I'm tired of the multilayer use of the OS to just change settings for privacy.

New passwords, security questions, and whatnot for everything they lose on a weekly basis. They dropped the ball 10 years ago.

What is an honest OS that I can use other than MicroStiff?

21 minute video: MEMs oscillator sensitivity to helium [[helium kills iPhones)
    I tested the 32KHz MEMs oscillator used in some phones, and discovered that just a 2% helium environment will cause the oscillator to fail. I also do a teardown of the MEMs device, and inspect it under the electron microscope.

So if you put an IPhone into an air-tight bag with a party balloon containing inert helium then pop the balloon, the IPhone will die? How cool is that? Magic!
    Last edited by Jimaz; November-19-18 at 10:32 PM.

Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 37 ... LastLast