Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default McCotter: quitters never prosper

Last edited by kenp; July-07-12 at 08:59 AM.

He seems a little strange. Granted, I know nothing of his politics or history. It just seems strange that he put so much into such a long shot at president, forgot to get the sigs to run for reelection in the House, and then abruptly resigned his position. Weird.

Could anybody give me the backstory on this guy ? It seems like if the guy had any kind of rationality it has since left him, however he got voted in multiple times, so he must have been doing something right.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Could anybody give me the backstory on this guy ? It seems like if the guy had any kind of rationality it has since left him, however he got voted in multiple times, so he must have been doing something right.
    Here's the Wikipedia article on him.

It sounds like a simple case of overconfidence to me. Humility can be part of a winning strategy. Complacency can't.

For the record, from a few days ago, More fake petitions for Thaddeus McCotter[[R) discovered.
    The staff of former U.S. Rep. Thaddeus McCotter evidently had some practice dummying up petitions in order to get their boss on the ballot.

A review of the nominating petitions turned in for McCotter's elections from 2002 through 2012 shows he did not have enough signatures to qualify to run in at least the 2008, 2010 and 2012 elections. The skullduggery wasn't detected until this year, when a part-time staffer for the Secretary of State found that of the more than 1,800 signatures turned in by the McCotter campaign for 2012, only 244 were valid....

The Elections Bureau already has taken steps to ensure such petition fraud doesn't happen again, said Director Chris Thomas. And during the next election cycle, in 2014, the elections' staff has an extra two weeks built into the schedule to verify signatures.
    The guy shouldn't have even been in office in the first place.

Prediction: GOP proposes cutting the "exorbitant expense" of the Elections Bureau's "bureaucratic footdragging."

The problem is votee fraud, not voter fraud.