Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Monsanto & Illinois v. the Bees

truly disgusting

http://www.pacc-news.com/5-2-12/heart_ingram5_2_12.html

“Is Illinois becoming a police state, where citizens do not have rights?” Ingram asked in desperation. “Knowing that Monsanto and the Dept. of Ag are in bed together, one has to wonder if Monsanto was behind the theft to ruin my research that may prove Round-Up was, and is, killing honeybees. Beekeepers across the state are being threatened that the same thing may be done to their hives and livelihood. I was not treated properly, I don’t want to see this happen to anyone else in this state, and I want this type of illegal action to end.”

For the past 15 years, Ingram said he has been conducting research on the effects of Round-Up on honeybees. He feels he had accumulated the necessary data to document the fact that Round-Up was not only the cause of his bees dying, but also possibly the cause of Colony Collapse Disorder [[CCD).

“CCD is a calamity that is affecting honeybee colonies across the nation. In fact, I had one queen, which had survived three summers of spraying and three winters. I was planning to raise daughters from that queen to see if she may have had some genetic resistance to Round-Up. But she and her hive were taken during the theft. I don’t even know where the bees and my equipment are. They ruined 15 years of my research.
    Maybe Monsanto can invent a chemical that can pollinate better than bees.
    Last edited by Jimaz; July-05-12 at 09:34 PM.

Many years ago, when this phenomena first occurred...it was already proven, when the European countries which didn't allow Frankencrops had ZERO loss of bee populations, while those which DID had troubles.

I vaguely remember being criticized for daring to declare Monsanto the culprit...probably by one of the paid shills like Karl or that other guy.

Might need to search out the archives...but this is more proof that the FDA cannot be trusted in any way. Nor the large corporations, messing with things they shouldn't...just a group of mere humans desperately wanting to be God.

Unbridled science only creates unintended consequences...how long until one is irreverisble enough...<sigh>...I cannot even ponder it.

I spent about four hours this morning trying to search out that old 2006 thread...it is another I know I started which disappeared. <sigh>

Still a strange feeling, knowing a conversation took place here which we have no proof happened.

Only after Lowell welcomed google into our game, as archiving agent and in-house search engine. Before that, the archive search actually worked perfectly.

Oh well...

Not sure if this was the thread, but its 2009. Not sure if DYes clears the posts that old or not.

http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...light=monsanto

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    That's not so far fetched. Not to sound paranoid, but I have considered the ramifications of a company having a patent on a pollination chemical, and then the bee's disappear. If you had control of pollination on the planet, it would be reasonably lucrative. The thought occurred to me when I was self pollinating my zucchini plants last summer because the bee's weren't around to help me out.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    That's not so far fetched.... If you had control of pollination on the planet, it would be reasonably lucrative.
    Of course I was being facetious. I can't imagine any chemical that could cause pollen to move among flowers.

"Reasonably lucrative" is an understatement. Hell, that would be a global agricultural monopoly! It would make a great plot for a science fiction novel though.

Of course I was being facetious. I can't imagine any chemical that could cause pollen to move among flowers.

"Reasonably lucrative" is an understatement. Hell, that would be a global agricultural monopoly! It would make a great plot for a science fiction novel though.

kinda like making farmers by seed that yields plants whose seed is infertile?

if you're after gettin the honey, then you don't go killing all the bees...

If Monsanto was in power in U.S. Government. Than the Hunger Games will begin. Bring out the mockingjays, there is going to people catching fire in our so called free county.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    If Monsanto was in power in U.S. Government. Than the Hunger Games will begin. Bring out the mockingjays, there is going to people catching fire in our so called free county.
    Danny, Monsanto is to the Obama's US Department of Agriculture what Goldman Sachs is to Bush and Obama economic policies. I just googled "Monsanto in US government" and came up with this collection of Monsanto-US government corporatist ties. Monsanto sues farmers whose farms are the unlucky recipients of Monsanto seeds birds bring in. Monsanto is threatening to sue Vermont for labeling food as non-GMO. Research showing infertility and disease in lab animals fed Monsanto GMO food is suppressed. International food trade agreements are tweaked in Monsanto's interests.
    http://www.google.com/search?client=...w=1273&bih=664

The Cornucopia Institute also has a good file on Monsanto. http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
    One of the Cornucopia stories had to do with the success of Poland's bee keepers in outlawing Round-Up. By buying your food from Organic Valley you will be able to fight back no matter who is in Washington.