Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Best Jukebox

Default Best Jukebox

Where is the best jukebox, in the Detroit area?

Jim Jaz, collector in Shelby.

Depends on what you mean. The classic old jukebox or the new style, downloadable kind.
    Maybe Smalls

I like Small's in Hamtramck or Gusoline Alley in Royal Oak

The Bronx Bar is famous for its TWO jukeboxes.

I'm with Nerd, the Bronx is the best! The Lager House is pretty good, too.

Stromberg2

The consensus around town is Small's, Gus' and Bronx have the best mixes. The WAB was also known for having a good one, but I don't know if they still do [[they may have switched to internet).

The one at Small's has a lot of classic metal [[Van Halen, Motley Crue, AC/DC, Motorhead) and '90s [[Mighty Mighty Bosstones, the Pixies, the Cult, Soundgarden, Misfits). Also local bands [[Speedball, Hoarse, the Fags, Grande Nationals). There are also some compilations [[employee "picks") that have a lot of variety.

I would say "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash is the most played song. It plays even when no one's put any money in. I'm surprised it doesn't play when the thing's turned off.

Honest John's is pretty good.

Tom's

[[extra boilerplate added to meet 10-character minimum)

Quote Originally Posted by rutlev View Post
    Honest John's is pretty good.
    Do they still just play Motown?

Been to all, except Tom's, and agree that they all have great jukeboxes, but it has been a while since visiting any of them. Is Tom's still open?