Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Protest outside southwest Detroit firehouse slated for closure

DETROIT [[WJBK) - Some southwest Detroit residents chanted Tuesday about the safety of their neighborhood, but this was bigger than just the 100-year-old Engine 33 on Lawndale slated to close this month. It was a call to the leadership of Detroit.

Arson, neighbors argue, is on the rise.

"We hear the fire trucks go out every night, and in the past few days, I would say they've gone out at least a dozen times to put out fires," said Rolondo Berrelez.

In all, 15 companies will close in the City of Detroit. Demotions will be part of the restructuring.

Vacant houses are potential fire land mines, and while firefighters couldn't talk to us on camera, we can tell you that they do have at least 50 calls every single week in this neighborhood.

Read more below:

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/18...ed-for-closure

Since you already posted this under the 15 Detroit Fire Companies Closing, Nearly 200 Demotions thread, was it really necessary to start another thread?

Not gonna do any good there. They to go camp out in front of the Clowncil Members' homes.

Thanks... My mistake. I meant to post it alone here. I'll delete the duplicate post.

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    Since you already posted this under the 15 Detroit Fire Companies Closing, Nearly 200 Demotions thread, was it really necessary to start another thread?
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-04-12 at 01:19 PM.