Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Henry Ford Hospital featured on Showtime series "Weeds"

The season premier of the hit Showtime series "Weeds" aired Sunday night, and 8 minutes into the episode there's an exterior shot of the main entrance of Henry Ford Hospital. The name of the hospital on the covered valet port was replaced with "Old Sandwich Hospital", as the current setting for the show is the fictional town of Old Sandwich, CT [[not to be confused with historic Old Sandwich Town, ON just across the river). Just wanted to point it out for others who enjoy seeing shots of Detroit in films and TV shows.

Here's a shot of HFH from Goolge Street View...

Name:  IMG_4308.jpg
Views: 5900
Size:  42.2 KB

...and here's a screenshot from the episode of Weeds that aired Sunday night...

Name:  IMG_4307.jpg
Views: 6149
Size:  35.4 KB
    Last edited by artds; July-02-12 at 09:41 AM.

Our hospitals must look cool to film crews. I posted here two years ago about an episode of The Good Wife set in Chicago dealing with an insurance company that was denying surgery to an expectant mother. Several scenes took place within the hospital where the surgery was to take place, and the establishing shot used the facade of Harper Hospital [[sans signs).

From the age of the vehicles in the scene I would guess this was some stock video and they just altered the signage.

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    Our hospitals must look cool to film crews. I posted here two years ago about an episode of The Good Wife set in Chicago dealing with an insurance company that was denying surgery to an expectant mother. Several scenes took place within the hospital where the surgery was to take place, and the establishing shot used the facade of Harper Hospital [[sans signs).
    I doubt that it's their coolness factor as much as it is their locations on wide boulevards with generous setbacks that allow the camera to be positioned far enough back to fill the frame with their entire facade without the distortions induced by wide angle lenses.