Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default 2012 - 2013 Detroit Red Wings

Here we go. I like the Gustufson pick up for goal. Can't rely on McDonalds bad back. Samuelson might work might not. Can't see the Tootoo deal. And now we have to hear the stupid Tootoo horns on top of all the bs canned muzak. I want Nash.

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    Here we go. I like the Gustufson pick up for goal. Can't rely on McDonalds bad back. Samuelson might work might not. Can't see the Tootoo deal. And now we have to hear the stupid Tootoo horns on top of all the bs canned muzak. I want Nash.
    We're only going to hear those stupid horns IF we want to bring them to the Joe. I'm hoping and praying that the masses won't be as gullible as to bring them. I'd say the Tootoo horns are about as tolerable as the guy banging the drum at Cleveland Indian games. I'd much rather have my spleen dragged across east bound I-94 during rush hour traffic than hear those noises.

Let's see what Monday morning will bring with the Parise and supposedly Suter announcements. Personally I'm bummed we didn't get Schultz- he seemed to have an amazing high side to his game.

Gone are the days when Mike Ilitch's wallet would be wide open and we could go out there and hire the best in the league.

We've been accused of '' buying '' the Stanley Cup until we won the Cup in the salary cap era . One thing we have going is our superb scouting if you take a look at some of our best players and which round we drafted them . As far as Tootoo goes , I remember when Chelios first came here , he was not well liked before that and I suspect Tootoo will be the same . He hustles , skates well , willing to crash and bang and will score given the ice time , the Preds scratched him in the playoffs in favor of bringing that Russian in who went back to Russia to play . As far as that train whistle [[horn ) its annoying , but it was sold and the proceeds went to charity . Hopefully today will bring the news that we Got Parise and or Suter

If they blow the horns for Tootoo when he does good then it should be minimal. Unless its a beer drinking contest.
    I dont think we have a shot at Parise, Suter I think its a possibility.
    Samuelson? UGH

Parise seems like a long shot. Nash is out of the question- just because he's in our division. But Suter? He's a must and rumor has it for $90 million for 13 years- but if he's durable, he'd be good. I still think we need a rugged sniper sort of left winger for this team.

Hudler says good bye and he can take his Marty LaPointe-esque money and spend it in Calgary. Ain't no way we pay that sort of money for a guy who can only be effective on that side of the red line.

I'd like us to get Shane Doan and Matt Carle.

That may be an option since both Parise and Suter signed with Minnesota today

I had a feeling we wouldn't get either of those guys. I thought it odd the Wings made it so obvious they wanted them so bad. I'm still hoping for Nash.

Who ya gonna give up for Nash? I know Nash might flourish surrounded with some better talent, but after living in Suckeyeville for 5 yrs & going to a lot of games, I don't see him as all he's cracked up to be.

I'll give Franzen, Filpula and Abdelkader. Been watching Nash since he played juniors with London Knights. He's a stud. A dominating player on a crappy team. He'll get 50 goals a season with the Wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    I'll give Franzen, Filpula and Abdelkader. Been watching Nash since he played juniors with London Knights. He's a stud. A dominating player on a crappy team. He'll get 50 goals a season with the Wings.
    Now if you were Columbus would you take this deal? Think about it. I'm not so sure I would just because Nash would come back and haunt them regularly and it'd just kill the fan base.

One of the hockey columnist here in Suckeyeville wrote a piece about Nash a few days ago for the Columbus Dispatch....think it was Mike Arace.

Essentially he was begging Howson...for the love of everything holy PLEASE PLEASE don't let the Wings have Nash. I thought it was kinda funny.

I agree on Franzen.....too streaky, and overpaid. Good to have at times, but not at the current price. He'd be the first guy I'd throw on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Thruster315 View Post
    Now if you were Columbus would you take this deal? Think about it. I'm not so sure I would just because Nash would come back and haunt them regularly and it'd just kill the fan base.
    After our weekly pickup skate last night over a few ginger ales in the parking lot I queried my hockey buddies on this deal. They all agreed Columbus would not take this deal. With great reluctance we added Ericksson to the deal. I think Ilitch was taken aback by Parise and Suter turning him down. I think he wants to do something big to make up for it. Nash is the answer.

It would be nice to land Nash and Doan. We still need at least one top defensemen, since we lost both Nick and Stuart, but I don't see much left on the free agent market.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    It would be nice to land Nash and Doan. We still need at least one top defensemen, since we lost both Nick and Stuart, but I don't see much left on the free agent market.
    There's just about zero difference makers left on UFA. We need to make a trade. And Keith Yandle is the guy. Look him up. He's the offensive talent we need to plug the Lidstom hole.

I'm aware of Yandle and agree, he'd be a perfect fit on the Wings blue-line.

Rumor has it the Wings offered a considerable amount for Nash , but the Blue Jackets did not respond because they want some of our better players , draft picks etc . something we don't do is give up our up and coming or young players that we have groomed [[something other teams do for a quick fix . ) Doan has extended the time he gave the franchise to get their act together to stay in Phoenix . I think Yandle and Doan would be a great fit [[pieces of the puzzle) , and not have to bet the farm like the Parise/Suter contracts would have .

So the Ranges stole Nash from Columbus. I gotta believe we offered a better package but the Blue Jackets just didn't want to face him in their own division. Always fun talking hockey when its 97 and humid.

The NHL/NHLPA are currently in talks for a new CBA , one of the topics is these mega year contracts , owners want to limit those to 5 years . The game has rebounded from the cancelled season , and I'm hoping they come to an agreement , especially with the Winter Classic at the Big House this upcoming season and all the games scheduled at Comerica Park

Damn lockout is officially enacted... and I'm not at all for one frippin' second happy about it. I saw one shortened season and that felt like we got ripped off. I saw one season eliminated before and that felt like a kick to the family jewels. And now I can see the same sh!t happening again. I'm not happy. Not ONE bit. So before I really get more aggravated about the situation, they still have some time to get their collective asses together and hammer out a deal before the beginning of training camp.

Its greed vs greed ... millionaires vs millionaires . The NHL as a whole is making money don't let them fool you . The problem is that Buttman's expansion isn't panning out with 18 of 30 teams losing money and the ones that make money have to share revenue .. teams in Florida , Nashville . Phoenix , Carolina just don't have the fan base , gotta cut a couple of those teams loose . Part of the revenue us as fans can control is but NHL related stuff whether it be Wings stuff or other , Center Ice on cable/satellite , buying from sponsors of the NHL .. cars etc. Maybe if fans would quit buying this stuff to show that we are the NHL , without us there would be no NHL . I won't buying any Wings/NHL stuff , no Center Ice ,no Hockeytown Cafe visits , no Tigers games or merchandise , no pizza pizza ... sorry Mr.I as a member of the Board of Governors , I'm doing my small part to make you pay for giving Buttman authorization for a lockout [[for the 3rd time ) Here's a proposal from the NHLPA [[National Hockey League Fans Association) not an official NHL site , but the NHL does work with them through occassional surveys sent to fans .
    Hockey Fans Call for a Reasonable Solution

August 17, 2012
    For immediate release
    [[OTTAWA) - The economic divide has been established between the NHL and the NHLPA in the latest round of collective bargaining. Both sides are content with maintaining a salary cap and revenue sharing system, however, the league is pushing the players to accept 43% of hockey related revenues [[HRR), down significantly from the current 57% the players collectively earn each season. The players' counter proposal calls for "delinking" the HRR from the salary cap. This alternative to the floating amount of income would see a fixed rate of growth for the players' share over the next three seasons. In season one, the fixed increase towards the players' financial share would increase by 2%; in year two increase by 4%; and, in year three increase by 6%. In year four, the players propose they hold an option to revert back to the full 57% against the floating or sliding increases/decreases in HRR.
    The league's proposal goes too far, calling for a massive rollback in players' salaries, equal to more than 24% of the players' existing share of HRR. The players' proposal does not go far enough and is a temporary business solution that leaves owners with a cloudy financial future, and possibly nothing gained in year four and beyond.
    The NHL Fans' Association [[NHLFA) proposes that both parties agree to roll back salaries, to a level that is acceptable in the professional sports sector. To be fair to both sides, the players' share of HRR should gradually roll back to a 50-50 spilt with owners. Each year, beginning this season, the players' share of HRR should be reduced by 1%. After six years, the 50-50 split would be achieved. The players would barely notice the financial pain and the owners would be assured of greater gains in a few short years.
    For the sake of all stakeholders in the game, especially the fans, the length of the new CBA should be 10 years.
    Penalties and fines for serious on-ice infractions should be determined by a third party group comprised of a player representative, a league representative and three elected fans [[paid a per diem for their services). A league official [[currently Brendan Shanahan) overseeing these duties does not foster a strong partnership between the league and players.
    The fans, who are the primary stakeholders in the game, need a voice in the direction of the NHL. Rule committees need fan representation. It is time for the league and players to recognize that intelligent, unbiased fans exist and can contribute nicely to the game.

http://www.nhlfa.com/

I had the MotorCity Mechanics to get me through the last lockout , but not this time .. I won't be attending Plymouth Whaler games either as they are owned by another member of the NHL Board Of Governors [[Peter Karmanos -Carolina )

There will no NHL hockey this season due to the lockout! So the Red Wings players are going someplace else to play hockey.

If they don't get it worked out soon Detroit/Ann Arbor will miss out on the Winter Classic at the Big House Wings vs Leafs , 2 alumni games at Comerica Park Wings vs Leafs , 2 OHL games , an AHL game [[Grand Rapids) the Great Lakes Invitational tourney , High School games , public skating and with that goes millions of dollars for the local economy .... millionaires vs millionaires

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnatic View Post
    If they don't get it worked out soon Detroit/Ann Arbor will miss out on the Winter Classic at the Big House Wings vs Leafs , 2 alumni games at Comerica Park Wings vs Leafs , 2 OHL games , an AHL game [[Grand Rapids) the Great Lakes Invitational tourney , High School games , public skating and with that goes millions of dollars for the local economy .... millionaires vs millionaires
    It definitely isn't looking good but I'm wondering if by chance that the Alumni Games still might get under way without the blessing of the NHL. Screw them if they don't want to get onboard of what should be one helluva sweet event. Does anyone know if the respective teams' Alumni teams are beholden to the NHL in any way? Or are they outside the weasel like grasp of Bettman?

Seriously if they're somehow beyond his slimy clutches, I say we get as many of these games on as possible. Why not at least enjoy some hockey as opposed to no hockey at all??

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast