Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thank you for bringing that point up. It was easy to get caught up in those photos and make assumptions... Since 2009 that house could have been flipped thru multiple sets of residents, especially if it is rental property. And no the police are not responding to an old photo, they cannot even if they wanted to. We just have to see how this baby died and put focus back on the immediate residents.

Quote Originally Posted by internet_pseudopod View Post
    While this is certainly the same house and there are some funny things going on there how can we be sure that the group of people pictured here are part of the same group that lost the child? The Google pictures are from 2009. Those people could have up and left.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-02-12 at 06:44 AM.

I still say those google riders are some brave souls. There are certain areas I'd not want that assignment. Nope. No amount of money...

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    they are probably just neighborhood watch volunteers and didn't recognize the google car with the cameras........

Dunno I could see where some might have thoughts about getting out a gun if one of these were rolling by...

Found this amusing one while looking to see what these look like...

^^^^ Hah... a bit 'weird' but not formidable enough to ward off the ticket and yellow boot parking enforcement folk, or in this case the police in general!

Quote Originally Posted by mikefmich View Post
    That house isn't fit for vermin. I shouldn't have watched, turned my stomach to think some innocent little kid died in that filth......accident or not.
    People are free to live like that, It seems, that's how they like it. Some neighbor should have called protective services if there was a kid [[s) living in a shit hole like that.

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    I still wonder if the Police have been notified about these pictures from Google???
    DPD will have to answer to this story as it is breaking nationwide on Monday. Check HUFFPO, Gawker, etc.
    Last edited by Brich; July-02-12 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by antongast View Post
    Notified of what? That a red-blooded American patriot exercised his Constitutionally-protected right to keep and bear arms?
    Probably not a legally owned gun, and HE POINTED IT AT THE VEHICLE DRIVING BY. If you and I walked past each other, and as we passed you pulled your gun out and pointed it at me, you are breaking the law.

superduperman Guest

Do you all really think that if those people who live in that home had a choice to live in better living conditions that they wouldn't? I'm sure those 20 people just love living how they are living over there. It's got to be paradise sleeping in the bed and on the floor with a bunch of folks.

There is a house near me in Mexicantown that is "over-populated" and has an estimate [[by neighbors) of 30 people living in it, including many toddlers and children. I am told that it is a little Puerto Rican commune.It's a little annoying because, of course, there is a lot of noise. There are 6 city dumpsters in the backyard. There seems to be a young man directing and keeping order.

However, this property is scrupulously clean. Residents wash the windows, paint the trim, mow the lawn, etc.

People have a choice to live clean or live very low. Grandmama could assign chores: laundry, K-P; outside, etc. if she had advanced human values.

I think about the children from the child's house appearing in school. Children raised in squalor, filth, noise and chaos can't value or learn in school. WHY are people having children when they can't see the slightest good future for them?

So a Detroit Police cadaver dog found 1 year old Zyia in a closet filled with stinky clothes, shoes along with roaches, bugs and rat feces! In a East Side Detroit Home where her granmother lives. Right under their noses. This could be a act of foul play! I smell a motive.
    Last edited by Danny; July-02-12 at 09:23 AM.

In response to Comment #33, those people had a choice to either live clean, free from bugs and clutter or to live like animals. They chose to live like animals. It doesn't take a lot of brains or a lot of money to buy a bar of soap or to straighten up a home. I'll bet their cars are pristine with expensive speakers and fancy wheels. I'll bet they have plenty of bling. The house was a pig sty. It's all about priorities and the children are not at the top of the list.

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    In response to Comment #33, those people had a choice to either live clean, free from bugs and clutter or to live like animals. They chose to live like animals. It doesn't take a lot of brains or a lot of money to buy a bar of soap or to straighten up a home. I'll bet their cars are pristine with expensive speakers and fancy wheels. I'll bet they have plenty of bling. The house was a pig sty. It's all about priorities and the children are not at the top of the list.
    Not really. These young guys generally look just as shabby as they live.

Google photographers can fear folks from ghettoes in American and international cities. Their employees have to cover each and every area around the world so when people log on it Google Maps, they would reconize their area without taking any risks going over there.

In most Detroit ghettohoods unlike the grandmother's house in Brinker Street. There are other homes where low-income families just don't have enough resources to provide a better life for themselves and other people. They are have-nots and underpriviledged. These folks need help to back on their feet. Complaining and cussing at their poor lifestyles will not make feel better or making the problem go away. People must show these meek and the weak what it means to achive the American Dream. BY MAKING AN EARNING!

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

I feel sorry for those underpriviledge folks who lost their loved one in broken Detroit East Side home.

For Trayvon Martin, Rodney King, Guy Fawkes, Neda and the 99 Percenters.

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    There is a house near me in Mexicantown that is "over-populated" and has an estimate [[by neighbors) of 30 people living in it, including many toddlers and children. I am told that it is a little Puerto Rican commune.It's a little annoying because, of course, there is a lot of noise. There are 6 city dumpsters in the backyard. There seems to be a young man directing and keeping order.

However, this property is scrupulously clean. Residents wash the windows, paint the trim, mow the lawn, etc.

People have a choice to live clean or live very low. Grandmama could assign chores: laundry, K-P; outside, etc. if she had advanced human values.

I think about the children from the child's house appearing in school. Children raised in squalor, filth, noise and chaos can't value or learn in school. WHY are people having children when they can't see the slightest good future for them?
    Yes. The idea of a every person having their own room is an entirely modern [[within the past 100 years) Western idea. For all of history most families had at best two rooms. Somehow humanity survived and people took care of themselves and their children. Well, not in 21st century Detroit. Obviously you don't want a living situation like this under any circumstances in our country but they're the ones who let it get so bad that a child died. You could have put them up in a 10 bedroom house in Palmer Woods and I doubt the outcome, or the conditions, would be any different.

A little from Column A and a little from Column B.

These people seem to be the "I don't give a f***" type of hood rats that quickly degrade everything they touch. I am saddened to hear a baby died in that trap house, and I am sure lots of animals get better care than that child did.

All that said, this is what our society increasingly produces. When children are not fed wholesome meals, correctly educated, and provided with real future opportunities, this is what you get. Whatever our national mythology says, people do not "pull themselves up by their bootstraps." People need to be invested in so they don't become hood rats. Or else you're just shutting people out of society and then blaming them for being outlaws.

I'm not persuaded that the family here - and many of their neighbors - "became" hood rats [[as if at any time they were better livers) - they don't seem to have progressed to modern standards for home and child-raising from the original low point of generations ago.

I don't think it is "society's" fault.

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    I'm not persuaded that the family here - and many of their neighbors - "became" hood rats [[as if at any time they were better livers) - they don't seem to have progressed to modern standards for home and child-raising from the original low point of generations ago.

I don't think it is "society's" fault.
    It's this type of thinking that perpetuates ghettoes and hood rats. It's a rationalization, a way to explain away an abdication of duty to help our fellow man. That child never had a choice, and it's this type of thinking that resulted in our society refusing to aid her. We did not help. And, as surely as if we had shoved her in that closet ourselves, we are to blame.

Hood rats are made, not born. And they are the product of a society that sees some people as expendable.

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    Simply amazing attention to detail, you're very right.

WXYZ:
    Attachment 14348

Google Street View Frame 1:
    Attachment 14349

Google Street View Frame 2:
    Attachment 14350

Google Street View Frame 3:
    Attachment 14351

Google Street View Frame 4 [[gun actually pointed at Google vehicle):
    Attachment 14352
    If you look at the woman sitting on the porch in frame 3, it kind of looks like the grandmother.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Whatever our national mythology says, people do not "pull themselves up by their bootstraps." People need to be invested in so they don't become hood rats. Or else you're just shutting people out of society and then blaming them for being outlaws.
    Glad you called this mythology because the truth is, especially these days, many people don't even have boots to pull them up by the straps.

superduperman Guest

Admonishing poor people for being poor.........classy.

It seems that with every toddler murder/death we hear about along comes the back story of several people living in squalor or with dangerous relatives etc. I wonder how much of this really is going on and we just don't hear about it because something bad, thankfully, doesn't happen.

And for those of you asking why are these people having kids. These people don't care that they are having kids. They just spread their seed around freely with no real consequences. It's a rite of passage it seems not a miracle or something to be cherished.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    It's this type of thinking that perpetuates ghettoes and hood rats. It's a rationalization, a way to explain away an abdication of duty to help our fellow man. That child never had a choice, and it's this type of thinking that resulted in our society refusing to aid her. We did not help. And, as surely as if we had shoved her in that closet ourselves, we are to blame.

Hood rats are made, not born. And they are the product of a society that sees some people as expendable.
    What do you suggest be done? Should children like this be taken from their "parents"?

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Admonishing poor people for being poor.........classy.
    Being poor isn't the problem here.

Reading thru the verity of posts throughout this thread I see many people excusing away this extended families horrid living conditions with the classic liberal mantra of nobody has "given' them enough so they can rise above living like animals. Phooey!!! There is probably more than one welfare check being delivered to that house and judging by the Google street view enough able bodied men available on the porch to get a JOB, in fact it looks like one even has weapons training ready to go down and enlist in the Army. This is the Classic ghetto hood rat scenario and unfortunately through negligence has claimed the life a precious little baby girl who never had a chance. There were NO parenting skills available to that little baby, I'd love to know how old the uncle was but hey children caring for infant off springs in the ghetto in normal, I watched the process live in person the whole time growing up on the lower east-side, mid-30's grandmas, teenage moms and their kids "looking after the diapered babies. Its a sad fact of the Ghetto. I feel very bad for the father and mother but in their world this was a normal situation gone bad. These people [[regardless of color) choosing to live this way are the only ones who can change their situation...not the government...not the school...not the church...its called personal responsibility and accountability you can thank FDR and LBJ and over 70 years of failed government policy for enabling this type of situation to thrive in every major city in the country !

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    If you look at the woman sitting on the porch in frame 3, it kind of looks like the grandmother.
    I was just going to post that! I think so too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast