Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Is Jefferson North being scrapped?

If you go on the Mack fly-over and look south, you can see that big swaths of aluminum siding look they were ripped off the old multistory brick factory buildings of Chrysler Jefferson North. It doesn't look as if there is any manufacturing activity there.

Storm damage?

Scrapping?

Are you sure you're not referring to the old BudCo plant, that's just north of Jefferson North plant on Mack & Conner?

http://www.aftermarketnews.com/Item/...oit_plant.aspx

http://www.showcase.com/property/121...chigan/1591908

That plant's been shuttered for at least five years.
    Last edited by 313WX; June-27-12 at 08:41 PM.

But on a more positive note, quite a bit of infill and development has taken place in the last five to ten years on the other side of Conner where all of the land was once vacant.

Might be... It's south of Mack but inside the Jefferson North Perimeter. Look up 12156 Mack on Google Maps and look south.

GUSHI Guest

I had been in the building a few years back, I think party of it was a replical of liberty hall or something,

Quote Originally Posted by Huggybear View Post
    Might be... It's south of Mack but inside the Jefferson North Perimeter. Look up 12156 Mack on Google Maps and look south.
    If the scrapping in the link blow is what you'r referring to, it is indeed the old BudCo [[Automotive Supplier that's now a subsidy of ThyssenKrupp) and not Jefferson North.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Mack+...0.31,,0,-10.92

There are also more details and pics of it in one of the links put in my first post.
    Last edited by 313WX; June-27-12 at 09:02 PM.

I'm not sure if that's the result of scrapping though. It looks more like some storm damage.

It does look like they tore down a portion of the complex as well.
    Last edited by 313WX; June-27-12 at 09:15 PM.

its neglect and abandonment, the white stuff is a facade put up over the old building to update it, requires some maintenance that once a few pieces pop, the water and ice get behind and it starts to all come down....... i think its more like a vinyl/plastic/composite material so its probably not scrappers.....

I believe that is storm damage - and its been like that for years now. The panels were still hanging off in places for a while after the storm.