Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Looking for local person or shop to fix Boat Compass

Picked up a neat old Airflight Nautical Compass in the original box on my vacation last week. Some of the compass oil leaked out, I want to have it refilled. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by CountrySquire View Post
    Picked up a neat old Airflight Nautical Compass in the original box on my vacation last week. Some of the compass oil leaked out, I want to have it refilled. Any suggestions?
    Call Thomas Hardware Company 313-886-6094 and ask for Todd he should be able to help you.

I just called him and he did not know how to do that either. Thanks for the tip though.

What you need is compass mineral oil and a injection plunger with a small hole. Mike's Marine in St. Clair Shores carries them. Usually there is a plug screw in the bottom to refill the compass. It works better if you freeze the compass before filling. Just take your time to get the air bubble to escape.

You might want to try this place, been around forever hardware store that specializes in marine.
    http://www.lockemans.com/