Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Imagination Station Burned Down

I'm sure I'll insult some artists here, but honestly, the Imagination Station was just as ugly and useless as a burned down building. I'm sure people will say that it was a positive influence on the neighborhood, blah blah blah......it was fugly.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120627/METRO01/206270389/1361/Corktown’s-Imagination-Station-destroyed-by-fire

It's that fire Phantom! It strikes again unilt its mantra is meant.

Maybe the city of Warren will blame it on the new fireworks!

Of course, dmike, this puts you near the top of the list of suspects...

Kidding aside, if this ends up being arson...I cannot wait to see what Paffendorf does to secure the next one. That fellow is a fricken genius, it would be an honor to work with him designing a high-tech surveillance system which could be 'monitored' full-time by the iGang he has assembled around him.

I get the wholesale discount at an area alarm and hifi supply distributor. They've got ALL sorts of cool tools and toys!

I just might have to adjust my consulting business to include cameras and basic notification systems. It is all but impossible to get INTO the alarm business nowadays, but I'd only design property owner/neighbor notification...the central station model doesn't work in the city.

Now that they didn't burn to the ground, they will even be
    uglier.

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, but what is the difference between DIBC with MCS and the Imagination Station?

What is the first thing you do to save a building? Put a roof on it. There has been literally zero work done to these houses besides some gutting/trash removal. I don't understand why these people aren't held in the same contempt? Legally this should go before the Historic Co-mission as 'demolition by neglect'. Someone could of saved those houses but they sat on them until they burned. Zero improvements were put into those buildings.

You mean those houses were actually in use? I saw the sign, but figured they had not begun work yet...

The owners probably received their first tax bill.