Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

LodgeDodger Guest

Default Saturday, July 25th @ 4:30 PM: Wedding Celebration for Mr. and Mrs. Cub!

Let's keep it simple and fun!

http://georgiastreetgarden.blogspot.com/

Kathleen...would you take the pictures?

I'll bring some sort of side salad and a dessert.

Would love to be there, Yet I would make it rain.

Hubby and I will be there! Cub has a grill...how about we make it like the Belle Isle picnic....bring your own meat and drinks and a dish to pass? Condiments and paper/pastic goods will be provided by the Georgia Street Community Collective.

Not yet sure if we can be there, but will let you know as the date gets closer.

Kathleen: My boss gave me some more old postcards for you. If you e-mail your address to corneroffice2 at aol dot com, I will mail them to you! Hope you can make it to the Celebration!

Thanks, Blueidone! Email sent.

Ok...here's the plan...On behalf of LodgeDodger who started this ball rolling, but has run into some family issues....

The Wedding Celebration for Mark [[Cub) and Kim [[Mrs. Cub) will begin around 4:30 p.m. on Saturday July 25th. We will have a grill available if you wish to bring your own hot dogs or hamburgers and buns. Please also bring a small dish to pass, nothing fancy, and your own drinks. Since there will be children around, we would prefer that the alcohol consumption be kept to a minimum. A wedding cake will be provided, so don't bring any desserts. Ketchup, mustard [[maybe some onions and tomatoes from the garden?), paper plates, cups, napkins and plastic tableware will be provided.

If you don't wish to eat, that's fine...please come by and help us celebrate with Mark and Kim. With all the Garden activities, they didn't really have a reception after they got married, so we hope that you will join us.

Please RSVP to corneroffice2 at aol dot com with how many people will be attending so that we make sure we have enough basic supplies.

The Reading/Movie Night will begin at 7:30pm. Any one who comes to the Celebration is welcome to stick around and share some time with us.

Hope to see you there!

Just a reminder bump...and to let you know that some hamburgers and hot dogs have been donated, so come on by and celebrate with us! We would still like an e-mailed RSVP so we have enough of everything. A dish to pass would be helpful, but isn't necessary.

See you Saturday the 25th at 4:30pm!

I think I will just RSVP here. Our computers have been down and a good friend/friends helped us out. One by donating an old computer for parts and another for all his work putting pieces and parts together. I still have some glitches but mostly things are working.

Count us in for two. I will bring two dishes. One is a cheese potato casserole and the other is a bean and meat casserole.

I look forward to this event since it is such a happy one. Are chairs or tables needed? Let everyone know what might be needed. As in the past, it is very inspirational to know that people, on a grass roots level can do so much.

Reminder bump. Please come and help us celebrate Mark & Kim's marriage. These are two very special people who work tirelessly for their community.

I really wish I could make it but I will be in Northern Michigan on Saturday. My best to Cub & the Mrs.

Final Reminder!

I know it looks dreary outside and you might be wanting to stay indoors, but the rain is going to stop and the late afternoon is going to be ok for our outdoor celebration.

Hope to see you at the Garden!

Congratulations to you both and many happy years

Attachment 2475

Congratulations from me and Mr. Erie! We're leaving soon for Niagara Falls for our 37th wedding celebration. Hope the day turns out beautiful for Mr. and Mrs. Cub's celebration!

Hugs to all!
    Last edited by eriedearie; December-24-09 at 02:18 PM.

Congrats, Cub, and many years of happiness.

As always, we had a great time. The food and conversation was so fun. Cub has managed to assemble a team of volunteers that are witty, giving and so caring.

As a professional gardener, I of course, use lots of hand tools. Two favorite tools are the Hula Ho and the hinged pooper scooper. The scooper is great for putting garden debris or leaves into containers and saves lots of bending. We gave Cub and Kim the Hula Ho and hope it helps save time in keeping the gardens weed free and therefore more time for each other. The Ho is not a very romantic gift but very practical. I would like to put in a shameless plug for my favorite Nursery. Allemon's on Mack. The people there and the services are outstanding. As Detroiters, we try very hard to spend our money in Detroit. We are very close to 100% to that goal.

Ron and I will be married 35 years in August. Both sets of our parents made 50 years. Like Ron's mother says, a good marriage takes Communication, Cooperation and Consideration. Best wishes again to Cub and Kim, stick to those three C's just mentioned and you will have a life filled with love.

We spent the afternoon heading east along US 24 from south of Fort Wayne, lovely ride. I sent best wishes winging on the wind. Cub and Kim, may you live long and prosper together in happiness and peace. Those three C's of Sumas' have kept us going, it will be 40 years in September.

Default Thank you!!!!!!

Thank You to everyone who came out to the garden yesterday. Words can't express how nice it was to see some of my DYes family. Thank you for welcoming my wife into the family. Also a special thank you to Blueidone and Lodgedodger. Thanks for all of the well wishes too.

Cub and Mrs. Cub

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cub View Post
    Thank You to everyone who came out to the garden yesterday. Words can't express how nice it was to see some of my DYes family. Thank you for welcoming my wife into the family. Also a special thank you to Blueidone and Lodgedodger. Thanks for all of the well wishes too.

Cub and Mrs. Cub
    Cub, this was all Blueidone's work. I left the poor woman holding the bag. My love to you both...to Blueidone, too. *hug* I'm hoping to visit the garden as soon as I can.

LodgeDodger: You didn't leave me holding anything...I volunteered. I was happy to do it for these two wonderful, dedicated and humble people. And happy to do it for you, with all the other things that you have to deal with right now.

Thanks to everyone to came out to help with the Celebration!

We're baaaack! So glad to read that things turned out well for the wedding celebration - - we'll have to get over to the Garden and meet Cub's bride.