Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default OK, there have been many kudos to the Dutch but...a reality show on Mars?

yes, really[[?)! well, the whole thing could be an elaborate hoax.

http://mars-one.com

A manned mission to Mars is expensive. We plan to fund it by making it the biggest media spectacle in history. This way, everyone will get the chance to not only watch the astronauts make their journey, but choose who gets to do so. Four people, icons, who will leave their life on Earth behind and start an adventure on a new planet tens of millions of miles away.

Elaborate would be an understatement.

I'm wondering why the eleven year delay.

If only my man Andrew D. Basiago had his way, the secret government program he is trying to whistleblow to public revelation would zip people back and forth in mere minutes, using something they found in Tesla's notes.

I've been trying to prove him a fraud for years, but everything I turn up seems to oddly confirm his story. And he does conveniently tie up a good many loose ends in some of the more pervasive conspiracy theories.

But this is way amazing...I love their designs so far. Didn't know it would 'only' take on average seven months to reach there by conventional technology.

Cool catch, Rb.

Cheers!

Default Challenges of Getting to Mars: Curiosity's Seven Minutes of Terror

I suppose this is related.

Team members share the challenges of Curiosity's final minutes to landing on the surface of Mars.

Curiosity Touchdown 10:31 PM PDT August 5, 2012.

Then there's the whole issue of Mars's extremely thin atmosphere which means people would be subjected to solar radiation at lethal levels. Wouldn't that make great TV?