Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: Eastern Market

Default Eastern Market

Is the Eastern market open on sundays?

No, Weekdays and the sheds are open on Saturday

Isn't there a weekday that most of the stores are closed?

Actually it is WIDE open on Sundays, save for a few masochistic-fool-filled ones in the fall.

Lotsa room for your rollerbladers, and skateboarders, and other recreators...because none of the vendors are there [[although you will see some enterprising folks in the weekends after Flower Day)...and none of the shops are open.

It is a conspiracy. Really.

Monday is their weekday off, I think.

Plus, get there before 4 for retail, and 3 for wholesale/retail shops!

Old school...back when the retailers were jealous of banker's hours.

Gannon...I'm sure this has already been discussed but what happened to Sala Thai in Eastern Mkt?

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Actually it is WIDE open on Sundays, save for a few masochistic-fool-filled ones in the fall.

Lotsa room for your rollerbladers, and skateboarders, and other recreators...because none of the vendors are there [[although you will see some enterprising folks in the weekends after Flower Day)...and none of the shops are open.

It is a conspiracy. Really.
    Are we referring to tailgaters, Gannon. ;-)

Gannon...I'm sure this has already been discussed but what happened to Sala Thai in Eastern Mkt?
    As far as I know they had a few recurring break ins a few months ago. Probably just got tired of paying for new glass. I was in a few weeks ago and it was still as good as ever.

Thanks, MDoyle...the windows were all boarded up when I went by.

They are starting to revovate Eastern Market. Once they are done, the market will be open all year round, 5 days a week. [[when I say market, I mean the sheds)