Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Automotive Blog Reports On Charles Pugh's Twitter Battles

This Jalopnic article makes Pugh look to be a pretty thin-skinned individual. Methinks he doth protest too much.

http://jalopnik.com/5921140/detroit-...ern-on-twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Brich View Post
    This Jalopnic article makes Pugh look to be a pretty thin-skinned individual. Methinks he doth protest too much.

http://jalopnik.com/5921140/detroit-...ern-on-twitter
    I saw this too. What is it with Detroit politicians and their Do You Know Who The F*ck I Am Syndrome? Symptoms include hubris, a swell head, thin skin, brittle ego and hissing at people, "Perhaps I should speak with your supervisor?"

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    I saw this too. What is it with Detroit politicians and their Do You Know Who The F*ck I Am Syndrome? Symptoms include hubris, a swell head, thin skin, brittle ego and hissing at people, "Perhaps I should speak with your supervisor?"
    Pugh is such piece of shit. It's no wonder Detroit is in the state it is in with Jerry Springer freaks like him and Watson running the show.

But his abs are pretty good compared to that former big pot belly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post

What an asshole to try and get some kid fired just because his ego was hurt. Stop making Richard Simmons videos and do your job loser! On second thought, maybe if they were all busy with work out videos they would have less time to legislate and "F" things up...

I was among those pleading with people not to elect Pugh to Council.

That being said, I find it hilarious and hypocritical at the same time that people feel they should be able to make any sarcastic, slanderous, spurious, accusatory, unfounded, mean-spirited, overly-generalized or unsupported comments they feel on the Internet, Twitter, etc. without ever being challenged.

If you're big enough to make a comment, be big enough to defend it. If you feel it is within your right to say what you believe, then it is also within someone's right to defend themselves or oppose what you believe.

People shouldn't throw a stone and then run away crying to mommy when someone throws a rock back. They used to tell us when we were little, and picked a fight we couldn't finish: "If you're big enough to pass a lick, then you're big enough to receive one."

Another of a long line of Prima Donnas who strut onstage of city council. Goes back to Jack Kelly, Billy Rogell, Mary Beck days. Why do the people keep electing these clowns?

Because they are the ones who run for office the loudest and the fiercest...it has something to do with an out-of-control ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Locke09 View Post
    That being said, I find it hilarious and hypocritical at the same time that people feel they should be able to make any sarcastic, slanderous, spurious, accusatory, unfounded, mean-spirited, overly-generalized or unsupported comments they feel on the Internet, Twitter, etc. without ever being challenged.

If you're big enough to make a comment, be big enough to defend it. If you feel it is within your right to say what you believe, then it is also within someone's right to defend themselves or oppose what you believe.
    I'm not sure of your point. It looks to me like the intern did defend it, and with more discretion than Pugh.

I do agree with you on Pugh's questionable qualifications to run in the first place. Martha Reeves and Gil Hill were two others that used their star power to get elected.

However, even with my low opinion of Pugh, he usually does project a reasonable face to the media. The personal nature of his responses makes me wonder if his Twitter remarks aren't delegated to a staff member. In which case I say, there's one FTE we can eliminate and move over to the Fire Department.
    Last edited by downtownguy; June-27-12 at 05:57 PM. Reason: punctuation: its alway's the punctuation

When my DPD class graduated from the police academy, there was a very nice ceremony held at the Veteran's Memorial Building to commemorate it. Wives and parents were there, along with all the police brass. Drawing the short straw at that time to represent the City Council [[then called the Common Council) was a dingbat ex-schoolteacher by the name of Blanche Parent Wise. She leaned on the speakers podium in an attitude of complete boredom all through the matter and had such obvious body language that she could care less that it taught me back then that Detroit council members were yahoos.

She had a real limp-assed handshake, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Because they are the ones who run for office the loudest and the fiercest...it has something to do with an out-of-control ego.
    Yes.

The reasonable folks run for the hills.

Carl Levin is the exception to the rule about incompetents on the council. Mel Ravitz wasn't bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    When my DPD class graduated from the police academy, there was a very nice ceremony held at the Veteran's Memorial Building to commemorate it. Wives and parents were there, along with all the police brass. Drawing the short straw at that time to represent the City Council [[then called the Common Council) was a dingbat ex-schoolteacher by the name of Blanche Parent Wise. She leaned on the speakers podium in an attitude of complete boredom all through the matter and had such obvious body language that she could care less that it taught me back then that Detroit council members were yahoos.

She had a real limp-assed handshake, too.
    Ray, I'm shocked! They had women on council when you graduated?