Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Greenways Plans in Detroit

Awhile back, I've mention having some sort of a cafe or healthy-style retail along the Dequindre Cut would've been GREAT. Some of you guys said it wouldn't work, here's a concept rendering in the Eastern Market area along the Dequindre Cut. Pretty neat

http://wearemodeshift.org/node/222

It would not work where the Cut currently is, but if you can incorporate a full building into it, it works quite well. That way more than 1-500 bicyclists or walkers along the cut would have access.

They have shown that this works successfully in MPS if it works there, it should be able to work here under similar conditions.

I think it will do just fine, it's in a prime area. It will connect with the Midtown Loop and linking alot of bikers from Hamtramck also. Love it, it will be popular year round.

I wrote a letter of support for this application. Unfortunately I was never furnished with the full app as it was being written while I was writing my letter of support. Thanks for the scematics and illustrations.

This was an interesting building, I thought about all the high residential demands in Midtown. They can build something like this along the "Midtown Loop". The LOOP is a 23-story commercial building located in Central, Hong Kong.

Last edited by gthomas; June-27-12 at 09:17 PM.

Are there any plans continuing this original concept along Gratiot and St. Aubin st? I would prefer the building above to be on that site, than a amphitheater? Also hoping for the transit portion of the Dequindre Cut become to fruition..soon.