Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Derisory Bank Saving Rates

I have a CD maturing in August. Purchased in August 2008 at 5.25%.

Why are current CD rates of 1% and Checking Account rates of 0.01% so derisory? Is this a government policy to penalize success and make failure more bearable?

They've been like this for three years. Why are they so bad? Who is responsible?

I expected all BO people to blame Bush

That was 4 years ago - 4 YEARS; and every year that's passed has got worse and worse. Instead of solving our problems the amateurs "in charge" have deliberately driven the economy down because they don't understand how to organize anything other than dependency at the expense of others.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    I have a CD maturing in August. Purchased in August 2008 at 5.25%.

Why are current CD rates of 1% and Checking Account rates of 0.01% so derisory? Is this a government policy to penalize success and make failure more bearable?

They've been like this for three years. Why are they so bad? Who is responsible?
    "The Federal Reserve has kept interest rates at historic lows since December 2008, as a way to free up credit following the financial crisis."

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    I expected all BO people to blame Bush.
    You made your own bed. Now lie in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    You made your own bed. Now lie in it.
    Guess your Democrat run House and Senate in 2007 and 2008 that shit the bed and screwed everything up initially to prepare the way for your current dumb clucks in the BO "administration" don't know how to clean and make a bed.
    Last edited by coracle; June-25-12 at 06:21 AM.

Stop with the partisan bullshit.

You are all only playing into their divide-and-conquer game.

Why cannot everyone see that Obama and Bush are on the SAME team?! There is little difference between them. Almost none.

It IS true that the war actions of W caused the economic demise we are suffering now. Plain as day, that is the truth.

There is NO way anyone could reverse it instantly, if you imagine such...you are a fool and an ignoramous.

Obama could've made more progress on the home front, if he didn't continue W's wars. It is plain as day that he would rather war than do the right thing. He is on the same team as W.

Stop with this divisive bullshit. The whole government is fucked, and is not going to heal itself. Romney is an empty suit. The democratic republic experiment is over and done with...and I don't want to be right about what's next, but everything points to the eventuality that we will be in a Nazi-like state very soon.

You will see that your partisan whining is actually distraction from their running roughshod over us all.

No cheers,
    John