Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Funny/Interesting Campaign Ads

Well the real fireworks won't start for another few months, but things are starting to heat up a little. Let's post some funny/interesting campaign ads from the past and present, from both sides of the aisle, especially those from the 2012 presidential race.

I know some hate the presidential campaign season and the ads that candidates use to sling lies and bull, but every once in a while though, a truthful ad comes out.

So without further ado...

I'll go first. Just to prove I'm not partisan, I've picked campaign ads both for Democrats and Republicans. Humor is humor, and a good point is a good point. Let's have some fun....

Coming out the closet:

Christine Odonnell:

Christine Odonnell Pt. II:

Gather Your Armies:

My Own Coffin:

GARY JOHNSON:

That's a good one Oladub. I remember when that one came out. Ron got a little bit of publicity/good will from this story.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    That's a good one Oladub. I remember when that one came out. Ron got a little bit of publicity/good will from this story.
    That was a good example of an add so good that it gets floated around on the internet for a lot of free publicity. I wish his campaign had done more to bring out his personal side instead of just positions or shots at the other candidates. The official campaign did produce at least one good hybrid position/personal position ad:

I couldn't post two videos at once. In the same vein, I have to give the Obama campaign a lot of credit for this internet ad in which Obama comes off as a funny and extremely charming guy.

Yea, that second Ron Paul ad is a good one too. I can't remember if I seen it before or not. Ron definitely makes some interesting points in that ad.

@ the Obama ad: Awww, Oladub has a soft spot for Obama afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Yea, that second Ron Paul ad is a good one too. I can't remember if I seen it before or not. Ron definitely makes some interesting points in that ad.

@ the Obama ad: Awww, Oladub has a soft spot for Obama afterall.
    There is absolutely no doubting the deep affection they feel towards each other. While I don't doubt that the Romneys or the Bushes love each other, it just shows so much in these two.

NRCC ad on SCOTUS Obamacare Ruling:

Crumbled_pavement, This is what the Obama ad claimed. In business, Mitt Romney's firms shipped jobs to Mexico and China. As Governor, Romney outsourced jobs to India. He had millions in a Swiss bank account and tax havens in Bermuda and the Cayman islands.

Let's say that all of that is true and not even exaggerated. Which of those things is illegal? Why didn't Obama do much of anything to end those legal practices. How can Obama condone those practices for 3.5 years and then criticize Romney for doing something Obama allowed to be legal? This is more than disingenuous.

Remember that Senator Obama promised to get tough with NAFTA in 2008. He went on to sign three new NAFTA like trade packs instead. Recently, he his negotiations to create an Asian NAFTA II were leaked. Was all that free trade stuff Obama works for for everyone else except Romney?

Obama's own "jobs czar" has been shipping jobs offshore. Mr. President Obama didn't seem too upset about that. Why the double standard?

Robert Wolf is a golfing buddy and financial advisor of President Obama. Mr. Wolf is also the Head of the US division of the Swiss bank UBS and has bundled $500,000 of campaign contributions for President Obama. Meanwhile, back in Switzerland, According to The Hollywood Reporter, "Clooney will entertain 150 European elites at a swanky Swiss reception, “which will be followed by a more intimate — and expensive — dinner at which the star will be the guest of honor. Tickets for the latter event will go for $20,000 for singles and $30,000 for couples.” As Reuters reported at the time, Clooney spearheaded a similar event in Geneva, “one of the world’s most affluent cities,” in 2008. “Some 170 contributors paid $1,000 a head to hear him speak at a cocktail party held at a museum in Geneva’s Old Town." I hope they are all US citizens.That is the tip of the Obama campaign's overseas fundraising.

The President's stimulus program created a lot of foreign jobs. My favorite is the Fisker. Al Gore had some money in that venture. It is a new electric car built in Finland. We import Chinese and Japanese wind generators built overseas with money intended to put Americans back to work. I really don't see where anything Romney legally did with private money is worse than what the Obama administration did with our children's tax money.

Summary: Obama is guilty of the things he criticizes Romney for. Democrats are either stupid or they have a double standard.

Let's not get off track here and start debating the accuracy of the ads, we're just posting ads. You got an interesting ad that refutes what Obama's ad says, well post it. I think we have enough debate in other threads over what direction this country should go in and what candidate is best to guide us.

This is a politically related add by the ACLU specific to policies rather than party.

http://www.aclu.org/pizza/images/screen.swf

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    This is a politically related add by the ACLU specific to policies rather than party.

http://www.aclu.org/pizza/images/screen.swf
    Yea, that's a very good one. I saw that a while ago. It's not far off of believability either. I remember some years ago reading about someone who got in trouble with their Health Care Insurance company because they bought some ice cream on their credit card. Amazing that they were sharing information back and forth like that.

Scott Brown

what's with the bicycle in Pete Hoekstra's campaign logo?

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    what's with the bicycle in Pete Hoekstra's campaign logo?
    Good question. I never even noticed it. That reminds me, Pete had a pretty provocative campaign ad as well.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast