Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Nuns on the Bus coming to Michigan June 22,23

http://www.michiganradio.org/post/catholic-nuns-bringing-anti-budget-cutting-message-michigan-week

http://nunsonthebus.com/map/

A group of Catholic nuns will be touring the state to criticize Republican plans to cut federal spending.
    The Nuns on the Bus tour started over the weekend in Iowa and will reach Michigan by Friday. The bus tour has stops planned in Grand Rapids, Jackson and Detroit

how long 'till the Hitler youth pope excommunicates these women?

What a bunch of hypocrites!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    What a bunch of hypocrites!
    Why do you say that?

The average Catholic family contributes $386 annually to its church. The average Assemblies of God family contributes $1,696 to its church. That isn't a rich denomination either. No wonder the nuns want the government to use its power to beat more money out of the populace to do good. It might be easier than getting Catholics to contribute more. That might be a little unfair because a lot of Catholics pay tuition for their kids and thus save taxpayers a bundle.

I don't have any problem with restoring the taxes on the rich to help balance the budget but which president extended that Bush mistake? The Ryan budget does not balance the budget though. It only slows down the rate of growth. Why don't the nuns get after Democrats and Republicans to reverse NAFTA and implements some import taxes to encourage the demand for more US jobs? Or instead try to implement single payer health care and social programs at the state level to be consistent with the 10th Amendment since she mentioned the Constitution.

Sounds like a fun road trip anyway. Hey sisters, Please mention all the money being spent on wars as you tour. I missed the part explaining how the US can go on with annual $1T deficits or even $.65T deficits with the rich paying what they did pre-Bush/Obama.

I think this is awesome; I had nuns for 11 years of school, and I was terrified of them [[truth be told, they still terrify me) but I would never say that they are anything but charitable and caring of the poor and infirm. There is nothing hypocritical about what they are doing.
    Being that the pope has ordered his bishops to crack down on American nuns for their political views, I doubt whether he's behind this.
    Kuddos to the good sisters for their wish to make the world better and safer place for everyone.

One of the nuns on the Colbert show:

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...imone-campbell

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    One of the nuns on the Colbert show:

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...imone-campbell
    It's reassuring that she received so much applause.

The bishops are sounding like a bunch of Republicans with their obsessions over abortion and gay marriage. It's good to see the nuns giving them a hard time.